How to flirt

Options

Replies

• 2Bskinny4good_Stacie
    Options
    Well my advice would be to focus on your visual appeal initially. Eye contact, playing with your hair and drawing attention to your lips/mouth in a subtle but suggestive way will usually get you noticed (the key is to look like you have no idea what you are doing might turn them on---putting on lip gloss, biting your lip a bit, if you have a drink playing with the straw as you drink from it, etc) important to do it right though or you can look crazy :) best to practice a bit to get your "moves" right If you do the above well you can pretty much say anything you want and they will be receptive. Give it a try...
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm British and I'm a flirt. Just talk, be confident. Or just go to Newcastle, guaranteed a shag haha

Well, as a geordie I know that a lot of the guys (and girls!) are utter tarts, but not everyone I'd like to point out! I don't like when people are mean about geordies, hurts my little geordie feelings :ohwell: we're secretly sensitive you know!

As for flirting... apparently I'm a flirt, but I don't realise I'm doing it all the time. Just be natural, be friendly, make eye contact, touch them occaisionally, that sort of thing. Do you know someone who you think is a good flirt? watch what they do, how they connect with people and things, and do the same. A lot of it is about confidence, and if you're not confident just fake it until you are!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I usually get a few drinks down me and launch myself on the unsuspecting guy.
    cheers

This hasn't been working for you?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    "Hey handsome, fancy a shag tonight?"

hahaha Shes not austin powers. Or at least thats where my mind goes when I think British and shag.

if youre trying to flirt with americans - the accent will get you far without any lines. Lines are cheesy anyhow. Pay him a compliment to break the ice. Introduce yourself and have a couple of questions on hand that most guys will bite on BUT that you also can speak on. Lean in while you speak. Eye contact and smiles. Act like a lady - a hair toss or eyelash bat isnt going to hurt. Find a reason to touch his arm or knee while you talk.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Here is all a woman needs to do to flirt/....walk up to a guy and say this magic word "Hello"
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Are your pants made of windex cuz I can sure see myself in them :laugh:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Just make eye contact and show them that smile! :bigsmile:
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Well I catch a train to and from work and have over an hour of talking time... Mine is to aim to sit next to a hot chick... then accidently bump them with my elbow a few times then start up a conversation but saying sorry for invading your space... then its on!!!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Dearest MF Pals, Particulary the Americans. Teach me about flirting, I am crap at it. I am also British which makes me quite reserved, I usually get a few drinks down me and launch myself on the unsuspecting guy.

Great pick up lines that have worked for you etc?

cheers

My pops is English/British and he is worse than me when it comes to flirting and that's saying a lot
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Flirting is an art form, I'm not so sure it can be taught. But if you would still ike some private lessons let me know. :wink:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

What's wrong with this approach? I cruised bars in my early 20s hoping this would happen!

JM
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options

What's wrong with this approach? I cruised bars in my early 20s hoping this would happen!

JM

Haha, I cruise life waiting for this to happen.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    2hlk.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My contribution;

Just be relaxed and friendly. Unless it's a bit of sexual banter, I don't flirt. I just be me - smiley, talkative and with a GSOH. It works for me :-)

Oh, and I'm also British.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Random ti**y....nothing makes a man smile like a random ti**y. :laugh:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    Random ti**y....nothing makes a man smile like a random ti**y. :laugh:

I think she's on to us.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    If I knew how to flirt, I'd bottle it and sell it.

If I knew how to recognize someone flirting with me, I'd bottle it and sell it.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    2hlk.jpg

LOfreakinL
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Good flirts don't need lines
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options