can of diet soda and cake mix? anyone?

Options

Replies

• Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    I tried a WW recipe years ago and it was great. It seems to get even more moist after a day or two of sitting in the fridge.

Weight Watchers Pistachio Cake

CAKE
    18 1/4 ounces white cake mix
    3 egg whites
    2 1/2 cups diet 7-Up

FROSTING
    1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant pistachio pudding
    8 ounces fat-free cool whip (small)
    1 cup diet 7-Up

Directions:
    1 Mix all ingredients together.

2 Spray 13 x 9 pan.

3 Bake at 350°F for 30 - 35 minutes. Test cake top by lightly touching the center which should feel slightly firm and will slightly spring back to the touch.

4 (Cool cake completely before frosting.).

5 Mix together frosting ingredients and spread over cake.

6 Refrigerate until ready to eat and hold in the fridge for up to two weeks!

7 Enjoy!
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes!
    check out this hungry girl link. she has all kinds of ideas, and they work very well! (just made the applesauce with devils food last night. soooooo moist!)
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We use soda, cake mixes, and a can of pie filling to make (in a dutch oven) coblers and such when while out camping. Never tried it with diet soda though.

I'm sure the sugars, fat, and most of the calories are eliminated during the cooking process.

:wink:
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump for trying new healthier versions of dessert!
  • Getting2KnowMe
    Getting2KnowMe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It totally works! I don't know about cupcakes, but I know it works for a cake.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I made this with yellow cake mix and diet ginger ale! I'm not a huge fan of the 'fake' ingredients, but the cupcakes were great! No one knew :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint you, but sugar turns into fat. Not good for you, if you're trying to lose weight... Unfortunately we all have to give ip the sweet things :/ but totally worth it in the end!

ummm I lost well over 100 pounds and I didn't give up anything. Its about moderation.
  • melissawilson72
    melissawilson72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It works for me to. I take them for snack day at work. They are actually requested by co-workers, even the one's not dieting!

Favorite has go to be Red Velvet cake with Big Red. I also put two egg whites in mine to help hold together.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    marking!
  • djrollins58
    Options
    we do the brownie mix with diet coke we like them:)
  • djrollins58
    Options
    spice cake mix can of pumpkin 3/4 cup water yummy muffins! 80 calories per muffin...makes 24 muffins! even better laughing cow cream cheese with cinnamon with a muffin yum! Yum!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump
  • starrlette
    Options
    Bump
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard of any of this. Interesting.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just tried diet pepsi with betty crocker super moist carrot cake. We had with cool whip. Fantastic.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My daughter made this when I started back on WW. It was awesome. You could taste a bit of difference, but not much! I love the diet cherry pops with the chocolate cakes!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump to try.
  • JGiliberti
    Options
    My mom has been making cake like this for years. Go for it!:smile:
  • Naples6020
    Options
    I use diet 7 up and strawberry cake. You have to use 2 egg whites to getit to rise