What is the longest that you have driven

Options

Replies

• JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK
    JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    last summer philly to miami- hated it- never again- i will be flying next time
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've driven about 700-750 miles by myself before. Another 200 would be rough, but totally do able! I recommend stopping to eat, whether it is at a restaurant or pack your own food and stop at a rest area to eat it. You've got to get out of the car more than just gas stops!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    From Tampa, FL to Queens, NY about a 18-19 hr drive or 1200 miles all in one shot I was the only driver. I passed out for a day once I got to my grandmas house though.
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I drove from Denver, CO straight to San Francisco, CA and then from San Francisco, CA straight to the Black Hills in SD. It was about 30 hours back. Recommendations - books on CD, someone with, and games.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Longest in one day is a little over 800 miles from my home just outside Birmingham, AL to Wichita, KS ... ultimately on my way to Colorado Springs. That was a GREAT road trip!! :happy:

My wife was with me, but I did all the driving.
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    Michigan to Maine. It was about 800 miles. My husband drove the first 10 hours, I drove for approximately 20 minutes and ran over something in the road so he took over driving for, not only the remainder of the trip...but the remainder of our lives.
  • big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    You guys make mine look like an sunday afternoon drive. I went 710 miles. The rough part was starting at 4:00 am after a night of a couple post softball beers. Also God bless Sirius radio, there is nothing good on Wyoming radio if you can find a station at all.
  • candidglances
    candidglances Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    about 830 miles
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Longest drive on my own was about 550miles, only stopped for gas, took me ~7h. Bless german highways with no speed limits. :wink: With company the longest drive was about 1250 miles, Forks WA to Murrieta, CA. 22h and never again.:grumble:
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a dog breeder I drove from Central Michigan to Springfield MO to pickup a pair of dogs .. The round trip was 1400+ and took about 24 hours.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Michigan to Maine. It was about 800 miles. My husband drove the first 10 hours, I drove for approximately 20 minutes and ran over something in the road so he took over driving for, not only the remainder of the trip...but the remainder of our lives.

Hahaha, this is hilarious!
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Michigan to Maryland too many times to count at about 940 miles! My two sons drive from Camp Lejeune, NC to Michigan every time they are on leave straight through which is about 1240 miles which is a drive I could never do!
  • Onperch
    Onperch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1,687 miles in 27 hours. From Pennsylvania to Colorado. Straight through, by myself. No coffee or energy drinks. I had a late start the day I left. I drove all night and most of the next day. The sunrise the next morning was shining right in my eyes and it kept making me squint. That makes it even harder to stay awake.

All I kept thinking about was the sleep that I was going to get once I got to Colorado. BUT my sister was there patiently waiting for me to arrive. And did she let me instantly crawl into a nice comfy bed ? Of course not ! She drug me out on the town for some partying. But hey... who can refuse their little sis ? ;)
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Denver to Dallas in about 11 hours. I think it's 800 miles. Should've started earlier. Once the sun went down, I started getting sleepy.
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

LMAO!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Alone, from Buffalo, NY, to somewhere on the coast of SC (I stopped to sleep there, so I can't remember exactly where I was).

With someone else, from near Jacksonville, FL, to Charlottesville, VA, and back.
  • Lempi
    Lempi Posts: 7
    Options
    My sister and I drove from Vancouver, Canada to the Grand Canyon last March (over 1600 miles) , non-stop except for a 2 hour layover because of a snowstorm in the mountain passes of Northern California. Two drivers, but we did it without stopping to sleep. Best trip ever!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    From Ohio to Thibodaux Louisiana 16 hr drive.
  • Lempi
    Lempi Posts: 7
    Options
    To MarineMom. You must be very proud! My two boys are in the Canadian Armed Forces and they will drive any distance on leave!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    9 hours and 25 minutes to make a 640 mile drive alone. That was close to the maximum I could do alone.

I could probably do about 11 hours in a car with another person.