looking for chicken crockpot recipes? HELP

Options

Replies

• lisaleftear
    lisaleftear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I 'roast' a whole chicken in the crock-pot. Put 3 balls of foil in bottom of crock-pot, rub a small amount of olive oil on chicken along with whatever seasoning you prefer, place chicken on top of foil balls, cook 4-5 hours on high for a 3-4 pound chicken.
    It's wonderful! The aluminum foil keeps the chicken from sitting in the juices.
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Need to check this out later. Thanks.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I 'roast' a whole chicken in the crock-pot. Put 3 balls of foil in bottom of crock-pot, rub a small amount of olive oil on chicken along with whatever seasoning you prefer, place chicken on top of foil balls, cook 4-5 hours on high for a 3-4 pound chicken.
    It's wonderful! The aluminum foil keeps the chicken from sitting in the juices.

This is a yummy & healthy, simple way of preparing chicken. Also instead of foil balls at the bottom you can swap them out for baked potatoes. Just put some potatoes under the chicken (wrap in foil or not, your choice), then place the chicken on top and follow the instructions up above. The potatoes turn out delicious with a hint of chicken flavor.

Of course depending on the age of your Crockpot as that will really determine the amount of time to cook it. The newer ones (in the last 5 years) cook much higher so may take only 1/2 the cooking time, which mine does.

I've seen some recipes like the above where you add add slices of orange & onion under the skin and in the cavity of the chicken. Another choice is lemon and onion instead, Though I much preferred the orange sliced to the lemon.
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump for some ideas :)
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    Bump
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • barbd70
    barbd70 Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i just made the "chicken taco chili" from skinnytaste.com last week and everyone loved it! definitely recommend it :)
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump... Bump Bump Bump.
  • tmr57
    tmr57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phrozenangel
    phrozenangel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    great ideas in here! bumping for that reason.
  • checomgeo
    checomgeo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump