looking for chicken crockpot recipes? HELP

Options

Replies

• Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT thread! Here is one of my favorites that I just learned last fall:

Crockpot cheesey chicken chili

1 can black beans
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use 2 cans and the kind with green chilis)
    1 package Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package light cream cheese (last time I tried 4 oz fat free and 4 oz reduced fat)
    2 chicken breasts (I use 3-4 breasts)

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve. (We sometimes add some Franks Red Hot to give it more spice)

For the specific ingredients I used, the breakdown is: 216 calories, 7 fat, 20 protein, 18 carbs, 646 sodium and 7 sugar PER 1 measuring cup. My pot made 9 cups worth.

Enjoy.
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com for Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup. So yummy!
  • mommaPeach72
    Options
    Wow!! There are some great recipes in this thread! I use my crockpot all the time. Especially when it is too hot to use the stove/oven, like it has been for the last month and a half :)
  • tnbaker81
    tnbaker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing. I just printed this off and added :flowerforyou: the ingredients to my grocery list!
  • coreezmom
    coreezmom Posts: 1
    Options
    WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN?
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN?

It just means you want to add this to your "My Topics" Section of the Message Board. That way you can keep up with the Thread.
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Looks like some great recipes here .. bump! (:
  • Highcarbdayz
    Highcarbdayz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just made this tonight and wow! It was so good. I will be making this again! Thank you for sharing.
    :flowerforyou:
  • steph6201
    steph6201 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ItalianChicken 1- bag of chicken breasts, 1 bottle of lite italian dressing, 1 packet of good seasons italian dry mix, 1 can of light beer. Combine all ingredients in crockpot cook on low for 6-7 hours. Once done shred chicken. It's great as a sandwich or wrap. Add a slice of low fat mozzarella. Yum!!!
  • kmw011001
    kmw011001 Posts: 4
    Options
    This sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing.
  • mochii_kitty
    mochii_kitty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump...and bump! :happy:
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just did a Sweet N Sour Chicken in the slow cooker/crockpot last night. I was craving chinese food and this worked out perfectly.
    It wasn't anything fancy and it was very, very easy to do.....

4 chicken breasts
    1/2 cup bbq sauce (whatever kind you like - I used Kraft chicken and rib)
    1 can dole pineapple chunks

Cook on high about 3 1/2 hours or low for about 6.
    Shred the chicken with a couple of forks and serve over rice.
    There will be plenty of "sauce" to spoon over top.

It works out to be about 400 calories for the whole meal. I did add some cooked frozen veg on the side which added another 40 calories, but not too bad otherwise. And there were left overs for lunch, which I cut in half so only 200 calories.
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    bump, amazing ideas :)
  • pudgypant
    pudgypant Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    http://delightsbites.blogspot.com/2012/02/lime-cilantro-chicken-tacos.html

Lime Cilantro Chicken Tacos - seriously, so yum! I made my own salsa due to an onion allergy, mixed up my own taco seasoning, and left out the jalapeno (too hot for me!). My family loved it.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I haven't been through all 9 pages but I do a chicken tortilla soup

1 pack low sodium taco/fajita seasoning (whichever, it doesn't matter)
    1/4 pack ranch dressing mix (I just sprinkle some in, I don't really know if its 1/4 pack)
    1 can low sodium corn
    5 cans low sodium beans - mix it up, I do pinto, black, red, dark red... whatever floats your boat
    2 cans Rotel (I mix up the flavors, my favs are Lime & Cilantro with Mild)
    1 "box" low sodium chicken broth
    4-5 frozen chicken tenderloins

I mix the taco seasoning and ranch in the bottom of the crock pot. Then drain all of the cans except rotel and dump everything but the chicken in. Stir that up and put the tenders on top and let sit on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Right before I serve, I take the tenders out and shred them up and toss them back in, stir up everything and serve with a teensy bit of cheese/light sour cream.... mmmm I love this stuff, and since it's just me eating this, I portion this up in a cupcake tin and freeze and then transfer to ziplocs and keep in the freezer and just pull out one hunk and heat it in the microwave. So good!