looking for chicken crockpot recipes? HELP

Options
ekrier2
ekrier2 Posts: 50
Hey everyone -

lately I have been on a crockpot kick but need some new HEALTHY Chicken crockpot recipes.

Anyone have any good healthy recipes??

Please share?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• StephMykytuk
    Options
    I just found a recipes for shredded chicken wraps.

Put thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with salsa. It says to add taco seasoning but I tried fajhita seasoning also and it tasted great. Cook on low for 6 hours and you should be able to shred the chicken. Serve on tortillas with whatever you like.
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I'm making a Crock pot Buffalo chicken lettuce wrap tonight for dinner,

Ingredients:

For the chicken:

24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 celery stalk
    1/2 onion, diced
    1 clove garlic
    16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
    1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I use my homemade hot sauce but Frank's works good.)

For the wraps:

6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
    1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
    2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks

Directions:

In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn't enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.

To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and start eating!

Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup chicken + veggies •Calories: 147.7 • Fat: 0.1 g • Carb: 5.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 24.9 g • Sodium: 879 mg

I got this recipe from Skinnytaste.com
  • cyndirose67
    cyndirose67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to put a whole chicken in the crock pot. I stuff some chunks of onion in the cavity, sprinkle on some herbs and put a little dry sherry the pot, then cook on low while I'm at work. It seems less greasy, and I assume it has quite a bit less sodium than deli rotisserie chicken, but it's similar in taste/texture and almost as easy.
  • ambernicholewms
    Options
    3 lbs. chicken
    1 bottle franks buffalo sauce
    1 hidden valley ranch dip mix

cook on low heat for eight hours.
    put in tortillas or pita pockets
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipes for shredded chicken wraps.

Put thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with salsa. It says to add taco seasoning but I tried fajhita seasoning also and it tasted great. Cook on low for 6 hours and you should be able to shred the chicken. Serve on tortillas with whatever you like.
    I also add beans and corn to this and its great!! Some cream cheese or sour cream and you are good to go!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a wonderful Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken recipe!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Yummy Bump!
  • ekrier2
    ekrier2 Posts: 50
    Options
    Yummie - sounds great thanks for the posts!!! Any chicken crock pot recipes are helpful and cant wait to try them :)
  • Christiane81
    Options
    Balsamic crockpot chicken

4 chicken breasts
    3/4 cup olive oil
    3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup of maple syrup (for sweetness)
    3 cloves of garlic
    diced onion and basil
    Combine and cook on low for 6 hours....amazing!!!!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot on low all day with a bottle of lawrys lemon pepper marinade. EASY and delicious!
  • erinmshafer
    Options
    Cilantro lime shredded chicken taco filling - easy, yummy, very low in calories. Do use fresh cilantro. Dried just isn't quite the same. I didn't use 3 pounds of chicken. It turned out fine with less. It would freeze fine, but it didn't last that long at my house.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-cilantro-lime-chicken/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=cilantro lime chicken&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    BUMP!!!! I so need this...Hello ..Working Mother of Three Boys!!!
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5-6 frozen chicken breasts, add a can of chopped canned pineapple (you can drain some of the juice) and then cover with bbq sauce. Cook on low 6-8 hours. It will be easy to pull apart. You can eat it like that or add it on a bun.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    bump!

P.S. - I made the "Crockpot Buffalo Shredded Chicken" last night which someone mentioned earlier in this thread - the one with a bottle of Frank's hot sauce and a packet of ranch dressing powder. It was great! I highly recommend it.
  • ilvmykidz
    ilvmykidz Posts: 66
    Options
    bump:wink: