What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    popcorn is my thing! I love it.

I like to use butter cooking spray and sprinkle white cheddar popcorn topper on it. not sure of the brand but it's right next to all the popcorn stuff at the store, comes in all different flavors.

Not sure if those two things are *good* for you or not but they are very low cal.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yesss! Nutritional yeast is soooo good on popcorn!!

i also like jerk seasoning on popcorn

experiment with your favorite spices! you'll find something you love!
  • kai546
    kai546 Posts: 1
    Options
    I second that!
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Splenda
  • newMe936
    newMe936 Posts: 31
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a pizza flavored popcorn recipe on his website that I like. I dabble in homemade kettle corn with cinnamon made with my electric Popper.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

^^^this. I just recently started doing this and it is SOOOO yummy! sometimes I do it with just plain melted coconut oil and sometimes I stir a little bit of PB2 into it. MMMMMMMMM, peanut buttery coconut-y goodness :happy:
  • verdin917
    verdin917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Where did you buy the skinny pop?
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you have a Papa Murphy's nearby and you can resist the temptation, get a thing of their herb & cheese topping... I shake it into the melted butter and stir it up, then pour over the popcorn. You don't need as much butter since the stuff is so yummy!!
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Pam spray on my popcorn. Spritz...salt...shake...spritz...salt...shake... works pretty well! I never remember to pick up the butter spray, but I always have Pam!
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hot Sauce, I put that *ish on everything! lol
  • morningsun3112
    morningsun3112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump for the goodness of popcorn!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a pizza flavored popcorn recipe on his website that I like. I dabble in homemade kettle corn with cinnamon made with my electric Popper.

I 've tried stove top kettle corn .... I think I just need more practice.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Kettle-Corn/

Fun to make with kids though
  • angreveles
    Options
    I put a lemon wedge and a drizzle of Valentina sauce (similar to Tabasco sauce, but milder and less vinegry).
    I love the sour/salty combo and it adds almost no calories.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thing, so if this is a repost - sorry.

I like to use the ranch seasoning packets. Popcorn gets a ranch makeover - without the fat of dressing. :)

along those same lines, you can sprinkle it on steamed veggies... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on my popcorn (I kettle pop or air pop mine) and then stick it in the microwave for 8 seconds to melt it a bit... so so good & you get some protein from the cheese. :smile:
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tried SkinnyPop popcorn....it comes in a bag and is soo tasty!! Only 39 calories a cup!! :D
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Parmesan and Garlic powder! Yumm.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I use an air popper and then spritz with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, then sprinkle on a little Kosher salt.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I don't understand all the folks who put "bump" on their popcorn. That sounds kind of bland.