I cried in the gym locker room today! (NSV)

Options
This morning, I was exhausted and really just did not want to go for my weights class. On the way there, I kept thinking; "man, exercise is supposed to give me energy, so why am I so tired?!?" Well, I made it to the gym and did the class (pretty awesome one and I'm so glad I made it) and then finished up and went to rinse off in the shower. When I was getting dressed, I realized that the shirt I was putting on was one that I wouldn't even wear in public just 3 months ago because it was too tight. So I continued dressing with a HUGE smile on my face. And then I realized that the jeans I was wearing were the same jeans that were still a little uncomfortable tight just a short month ago. And now, they're baggy! I lost it at that one and started bawling right there in the shower. It took me a full 5 minutes to pull myself together. I never thought I would get so emotional about jeans fitting, but the fact that these do really overwhelmed me with how far I've come. I keep thinking about how far I still have to go, but today I got to celebrate how far I've come. And it was awesome!

Replies

• mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Btw you can see the difference in your profile picture. Keep it up.
  • herangel3
    herangel3 Posts: 32
    Options
    Congratulations....time for a happy dance!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Cool
  • issyme
    issyme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good job with your weight loss. I know what you mean, I went through my closet a couple weeks ago and got rid of all my big girl clothing. Now there is no excuse for me to go back, it was a very liberating feeling! Best of luck to you..
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    congrats! that is great and one those moment you will always remember! keep up the good work you'll get to your goal soon!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!! <3
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's totally wonderful. So happy for you. And keep up the great work :-)
  • mswn02
    mswn02 Posts: 38
    Options
    Aaahhhh ... I'm crying with your :cry: CONGRATS!!!
  • tcg21
    tcg21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Be proud that is a great feeling! Keep it up!:happy:
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is really cool. Congratulations on your NSV!!
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have reacted the same way over jeans fitting that way, so I know how you feel. That is awesome for you!!!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    Options
    Congratulations girl!!
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How exciting!! Congrats! :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    heck yeah! you're doing great!
  • mhohn103
    mhohn103 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats!!! Just remember that feeling the next time you want to out on working out.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the NSV and happy cry. Cheers to many more happy cries in the future :drinker:
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhh! Sometimes you need to see the old clothes and pictures to remind you ow far you have come! Awesome!:happy:
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. :)

And you're right, this is a day that I know I'll remember. It always seems like it's the days that I don't want to 'show up' that something amazing ends up happening that makes me glad I made the effort. :)
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Just goes to show you that what you are doing is working and gives you the encouragement to keep it up! Way to go!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!