Adding Food Before You Eat

Options
Does anyone else do this? I have been partially populating my diary so I know what my plan is (and so I remember what I put in my sandwich), then adding or subtracting as I eat.

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do it fairly often, especially if I know I'm going to be busy later in the day.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I do this too. Helps me stay on track
  • KatelynHonkomp
    Options
    I do the same thing so I know what I can eat and what I can't.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! It helps to keep me on track! :)
  • juan_carlos_f
    Options
    Yea, I started doing this to keep some boundaries...if I don't log it, I don't eat it...
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I can also say ... holy crap, that's THAT many calories? Maybe I'll just have a half portion -- if I've pre-entered it :D
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    That strategy has helped me alot!. Especially if I know I'm going out to eat, I have it all planned before I go so I don't have to annoy my dinner date with checking the calories on everything before I order :)
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I plan out my days like that everyday with the exception of the weekends. It just makes it easier to track while im at work and I can pack my meals accordingly.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I do every day. Try to make it a game.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do this. recently i've started logging my entire day a night before just so i can have a ballpark estimate of what i'll be eating. i try to stick to my plan throughout the day and make adjustments as i go. so far it's helped me not overeat, especially on long work nights when i'm closing at a pizza store.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I can also say ... holy crap, that's THAT many calories? Maybe I'll just have a half portion -- if I've pre-entered it :D

That too.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. It helps plan your calories for the day! :smile:
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I only do it when I'm waiting for something to finish cooking.

if, like someone mentioned above, I'm making a complicated sandwich for example, I write all the ingredients down and log it later.
  • Watchmeshrink21
    Watchmeshrink21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i do !
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Every day! Helps me to try to keep a balance of different kinds of food, too!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I usually do this. I find it easier to make healthy choices when you start off knowing what you're going to be eating. That way you can go straight to it instead of lingering around pizza or burgers and giving in.
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do, it helps plan dinner
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yep... I do it a lot. Helps me stay on track. I just have to be careful not to finalize the entry before I mean to!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    Yep me too
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I definitely do this. It helps me stay on track even though i don't have access to MFP all day.