Adding Food Before You Eat

Options

Replies

• Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but i always log my food at the start of the day to keep me on track. It def helps me.
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I always do!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have a few breakfasts in rotation that are about the same calorically speaking.
    My lunch is my go to salad (always the same- Unless I do not eat it all then I just change the portion).
    My snacks are the same half a dozen items that are available..
    so I log it all in up until dinner....

Because I work out after I get home from work, I will then know what I have left for dinner..
    Chef Hubby cooks it so it is usually me making alterations through portion, no sauces, taking bread away etc.... to control where I am with that.
    Dinner is end of eating for day for me... as it is usually sevenish.........
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yep! keeps me on track!
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    yep, definately is the way forward if you easily fall off the band wagon...x
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I only do it when I'm waiting for something to finish cooking.

if, like someone mentioned above, I'm making a complicated sandwich for example, I write all the ingredients down and log it later.

This is what I do, too. A lot of the time, I don't know what I'm going to eat until I open the fridge. It works out okay. Towards the end of the day I have in my head what I need to round out the day's nutrition and whether or not to avoid sugars and protein (I'm diabetic & supposed to limit protein - I know, it's a *****...)
  • CarrieR3
    CarrieR3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always plan ahead ,it really seems to help me stay on track .
  • barleespringers
    Options
    I've been doing that for nearly a year ... and I am close to losing 100lbs. :smile:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i do this FREQUENTLY!! lol - especially if i know i'll be going out to eat that day - or if i'm trying something new that i need to reconfigure or "work around" a new set of calories/fat, etc. if i know i'm going to be eating pizza at dinner time because we'll be at a bday party or something, i know i have to have something light and healthy for lunch, etc.

and i totally HAVE put something in, realized its "stats", and then DELETED it and found an alternative - or just got a glass of ice water! haha. this has happened A LOT!

this has helped me immensely in keeping under my calorie goals for the day - i can't remember the last day i 'went over' my goal at the end of the day! :)
    THIS! :-) I often plan my day ahead - I have not thought of doing the whole week, not that organised. I sometimes put in a selection of stuff, so depending on how the day goes and what I feel like eating, then I can take out what I don't eat, but at leat I have an idea of what caloires etc it is going to "cost" me.

Need to do some serious weekday planning as I am starting a new job and basically a 7am - 6pm commute so have to plan some snacks and heathy options that will travel & keep. Might start a thread of good choices for food to go ....
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I do this.

I have specific ratios in mind (C/F/P) so I'm not casual in what I'm taking on board.
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will often do this, yes. I then have an idea of how much moving I need to do that day or how big of a dinner I can allow myself. It also helps me to avoid sweets/temptations at work by knowing if I can 'afford' it or not.
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hiya

Yes I do this, I tend to use the database and work out meals a day before, mainly dinner as I cook for myself, hubby and daughter so I know how many calories etc is in everything and give myself a smaller portion or take something out!

This is my second week and I find it so good to plan ahead as I used to think certain foods were good for me and in actual fact the carbs or fat content was shocking so checking before hand I feel is the best option for me :)
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do this too...helps me when shopping too, so I know what I am making for the week. :o)
  • pinkri
    pinkri Posts: 11
    Options
    I always do it!! Then I can factor in little treats if I have enough calories left for the day!
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I always pre-log everything, food and exercise. Sometimes I have to make adjustments after the fact -like my burn wasn't as high as I thought it would be, or I had an extra half serving at dinner, but I generally know on each day what I'm doing in the gym and what I'm eating. This way I know I eat all my exercise calories and I can plan my day correctly. If I'm short and need to eat a bunch, I need to know that before I get home at night, since I don't eat a lot in the evening.I like to spread my food out all day.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I've been putting my dinner in, if I know what I'm cooking, so I can know how many calories I get to munch on throughout the day. Either that or I'll add quick calories to dinner then put in what i actually ate.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't add the food WAY in advance but I will look it up before I eat it so that I can make an informed decision about whether I really want to use my calories in that way or not. This has helped me countless times when ordering fast food!! (I know, fast food, bad, bad, bad lol)
  • Cndressing
    Options
    I do this everyday! It works for me. Specially if I keep my food kinda constant I always have the same breakfast anyways.
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do it, it is like planning my day out.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i do this most days. I plan my day and stick to it. keeps me on track better!