Adding Food Before You Eat

Options

Replies

• DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do...so I can adjust my meal (take away a condiment, etc) if I think the calories are too high, or add something if I feel I'm a little low.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I log ahead of time, too. LOL...I can see if I'm going to be over, so I'll need to cut the portion size, or if I can enjoy something after dinner :-D I have a general idea of my exercise burns, so that gives me a little buffer if my food is over my goal. I try to stick to my daily goal, and add food only if I need it to reach my NET. For me, it's the easiest way not to get off track.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Especially when I dont have any idea what the calorie damage will be lol
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    For the most part, I log before I eat. It always helps to plan ahead! But realize that sometimes life does happen! :)

Same as above. I like to plan out the day, and make adjustments when necessary. It helps to keep me focused. :glasses:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? I have been partially populating my diary so I know what my plan is (and so I remember what I put in my sandwich), then adding or subtracting as I eat.

Absolutely. I frequently do this when I go out to chain restaurants - research what is in my "budget", enter it in my diary and assess whether I can "afford" the meal, then when I get to the restaurant I'm not stressing out about what I can and cannot order - I order what I planned ahead and enjoy it.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I do this, also. I helps me from straying.
  • Miss_E_
    Miss_E_ Posts: 45
    Options
    I like doing this, I feel more in control of my what I eat, especially if I'm out all day.
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    It absolutely helps me more than anything - I find that I can tweek things, too, because like a lot of people said, you can't believe how many calories something is until you log it and if you log it BEFORE you eat it, you can just delete it - can't do that if you already ate it :)
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i usually pre-plan mine in the mornings . .some times the night b4 ..

this has helped me alot to stay on track
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I usually eat the same thing each day, but I do vary fillings, and tea, for which I plan ahead, and put it on my chart to ensure I won't go over, after all, once it's eaten, you can't take it back and change it!!
  • bitterfusion
    bitterfusion Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sometimes log dinner in advance, especially if I know it's not going to be the healthiest of dinners, just so I can see how much I have then for lunch/snacks and hopefully not over eat!
  • sbarbry
    sbarbry Posts: 38
    Options
    I pack my meal for the next work day (breakfast, lunch, and 2 snacks) the night before and log everything to the tracker at that time.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes do it with my lunch on work days since I know that's what I'm going to eat. But otherwise, I usually wait until I've eaten it to log. I don't log dinner until the next morning most days.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? I have been partially populating my diary so I know what my plan is (and so I remember what I put in my sandwich), then adding or subtracting as I eat.

Absolutely. I frequently do this when I go out to chain restaurants - research what is in my "budget", enter it in my diary and assess whether I can "afford" the meal, then when I get to the restaurant I'm not stressing out about what I can and cannot order - I order what I planned ahead and enjoy it.
    I do this, also. If I know I am going to a certain restaurant for a meal with family, etc. I go online to the nutritional info site for that restaurant and decide what are my best options and log it before going so I do not get off track.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I typically log most of my day right after i eat breakfast....just to know what my options are for dinner if i exercise or not....sometimes I'll add in the "planned" exercise too and see how many more calories that gives me for dinner...and then it guilts me into actually doing the exercise since I've already accounted for it. :tongue:
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do... fail to prepare, prepare to fail! I love knowing in advance how many calories I have left for the day or what I will be eating the next day! :0)
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I always do this because otherwise I loose track of what I have eaten. Then when I sit down to track everything I have gone way over calories. If I enter it first I tend to stick to it.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I search/scan an item and add it to see how many calories it leaves me with, but in terms of pre-logging, I just add my food as I go ...
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    I do, I will always put it in and then eat. But. I do not go back and re weigh my food and minus what is left on my plate on my log. I never go back and add more because I never go over serving size. It has definitely helped me not over eating.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning I log the whole day then make adjustments as needed. I'm also forgetful, so it helps me remember what I'm supposed to be eating.