Is there a good way to ask a girl out at a gas station?

Options

Replies

• annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    At $4 a gallon, just buy her gas....she'll love you!

This for sure!!

I've had guys make all sorts of inappropriate comments while getting gas... I usually just ignore them, but if you did it in a genuine, non "Hey baby let me get you number" kind of way I'd be flattered AND probably give you my REAL number :wink:
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I had a guy try to sell me some steaks one time while I was pumping gas, so I figure the gas pump is never the place that someone would feel comfortable being approached!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Look at her seriously and say "You know gas is not the only thing that needs a regular pumping" as you give her the amiright eyes. I think that should solve all your problems there.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    A good looking guy with game can ask a girl out anywhere and has a decent chance of success. A guy without these qualities will appear creepy in most scenarios other than maybe on an online dating site.

If he has skill, he can ger her digits while she's taking a stinky dump
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself and if you like the girl, go up to her! You're going to get varying viewpoints here. Someone who's more "upbeat" isn't going to have an issue with you going up to them and just might appreciate the fact you took the chance! It's a 50-50 proposition, the worst that'll happen is you get shut down. Better than not having had the guts to go up in the first place...
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Ive had a guy come up to me while i was pumping gas...

Asked my name.
    If I was from around the area.
    What were my plans for the weekend.
    Asked for my number.

I like straight forward and confident.

This. I am single and if an attractive man did this, or even just gave me his card, I'd be game. And flattered!

guy walked up and asked your name? That seems.... unbelievable, there's no way that wouldn't be creepy, at least in the midwest it would be.

I can't envision a scenario where that would seem appropriate, for a random person to walk up to a stranger and ask their name.

Im sorry but where im from thats normal.
    I have it happen to me all the time.
    Or you get the "hey wats up? Whats your name?" approach.

Ive never found it creepy no matter where im at.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Phillieschic, that was hilarious!

As for asking someone out at a gas station, I think I would abandon my car if the guy who asked me out was driving a porsche.
    Man, I love those cars.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Hey babe, I like the way you grip that nozzle :wink:
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Is there a "right" way to approach a girl at a gas station? I don't mean someone going inside to pay, say she pulls up, credit card, pumps and will be leaving.

I'm thinking.... probably not, because even if the hottest girl walked up to me while I was putting gas in my car it would feel strange.

What do you think ladies? Have you ever given your number to a guy while putting gas in your car? What was his approach?

My cousin and her fiance actually met at a gas station. He needed to know where walmart was and she was bad with directions so she had him follow her there. after that, they ran into each other on the same aisle. he got her number and the rest is history. so it does happen.
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Give them a mini dog in a ring box and let them sing it for you ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaJVhc27d4&feature=relmfu

Sorry if this was already said!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    TRUE STORY! Some guys came up to me at the gas station...probably teenagers so I dismissed them. (maybe I sounded rude, but they were super young and obnoxious and I was in a rush). I was wearing my St. Louis Effort for Aids T-Shirt which reads: I <3 Safe Sex. (This is a local non-for-profit that it close to my heart and I volunteer with). After I blew them off, they proceeded to drive away and threw condoms out their car window at me...real mature! At least I know they are safe!
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    Look at her seriously and say "You know gas is not the only thing that needs a regular pumping" as you give her the amiright eyes. I think that should solve all your problems there.

:laugh:
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, my sister-in-law was at a gas station trying to clean her sunroof of her SUV with one of those window washer things when a 6'6" guy walked up to her and offered to do it for her since he was so much taller.... fast forward to today and I have a beautiful 2 year old niece from the 2 of them.

Also, I saw my husband on a flight from LAX to Sydney, Australia and said to myself "who's that guy"... we ended up in the same study abroad program (this was 1999) and have been married for 7 years, after dating for the rest of college and beyond.

If you know, you know. Who cares where you are!
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    If it was someone really dishy, I'd happily be approached!
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would say go for it, a gas station isn't any different than a grocery store or movie theater or a park even......you're in the same place at the same time, you noticed her......go for it. I would find it cute.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I once had a guy come up to me while I was getting ready to put air in my tires and say...

"Hey, baby I'd love to lick your kitty."

True story.
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Unless she is REALLY "eyeballing" you, I would pass.......(and that goes for any location)
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Gas stations are creepy in general. I don't think I would go out with the hottest guy ever if he walked up to me at a gas station. All I would be thinking is "damnit, why did I lock my car. I need a fast get away". LOL
  • meglep
    meglep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't even tell you how many times i get hit on while pumping gas......i now fill up at weird hours in the day to avoid it :P
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Light yourself on fire as a conversation starter