Tattoo-Free: Who does NOT have any?

Options

Replies

• Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tattoo free for 45 years, I'll soon be 47:-) yes got 2 in the last year, and thinking of more.

My dad will be 62 this year and is tattoo free but has wanted one for years. He is very picky and the guy he wants to do it has moved away. Hope to find another guy he will trust. This one guy was even young which surprised me that he picked him to do it.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Here, sadly.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    ... just can't imagine myself as an old lady telling my grandkids the story behind the tat... would have to be a really good story, and I don't have a good enough one yet, I guess.
  • soontobesexyone
    Options
    no tats here and only my ears pierced
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    No tattoos for me. I can't have them done unless the ink is preservative free due to various allergies. :ohwell:
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm still tattoo-free! And PROUD to be! I don't want any, I don't need any. I think there IS such a thing as a "tasteful" tattoo, but I have seen VERY few.

1) friend from work miscarried a baby in her 9th month. She delivered him, then had his footprint inked onto the top of her foot. She tattooed that & what she would have named him... Owen... on her foot. That one, I like.

2) roommate's boyfriend had his father's name & year of birth & death tattooed on his forearm. Just first name, & year. That's it.

3) another friend, a cancer survivor, had the word "Believe" tattooed on her wrist, the letter "B" is a sideways pink heart that looks kind of like the cancer-ribbon with a kink in it.

I think that if it has some kind of special significance, & you want to be BRANDED with it for the rest of your life, & you can do it in a classy fashion... DO IT if you WANT to.

But... I also have a friend who paid $6,000 to have his entire back tattooed over again because after six years he didn't like the original back piece. I think it looks ridiculous.
  • MMoriarty2012
    Options
    No tattoos, I just put on a t-shirt if I'm in the mood to wear a design. :)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    None here. If I had to pick out a piece of jewlery that I'd want to wear for the next three years, I couldn't do it. So no way could I decide on a tattoo to wear the rest of my life.

I'm from the same school. My tastes have changed over the years. While I don't shun anyone with tattoos (hubby's covered), I haven't found any artwork that I'd want to be stuck with on my body. Hubby's artist is AMAZING though. :)

I'm glad that 20 year old me didn't do something that 30+ year old me would have to cover up. I compare it to having lived through the 80's and not wanting to be stuck wearing baggy, high waisted jeans, teased out bangs, a pooka bead necklace, a charm necklace, a braided, shrinking rope bracelet, or stirrup leggings tucked into my multiple pair of slouch socks for the next 50 years...
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm tattoo free and will probably be for life.

The only reason I'd get a tattoo would be to commemorate some kind of neat experience, like sky-diving or something like that. And even then, probably not. I'm not sure self expression should be a permanent thing. :)
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No tats! I couldn't think of a good place. I wanted one im memory of my brother, but where's a good place that can be covered to have your brothers name! LOL! I got a ring instead!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No tattoos for me. I don't like them (although I appreciate the art), I don't care for them and I don't find them attractive in men or women. My husband doesn't have them either.

I do have pierced ear lobes (not cartilage). I love ear rings!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    NONE HERE!~
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    None here either... And it's probably a good thing since I'm not as skinny as I used to be. I imagine a skull and bones would resemble a map of Russia now.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    None for me! I've thought about it but have never made a decision on where or what I would want.
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I don't have any, they're not for me! However, they can look quite appealing on others. :tongue:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Ink less.
    No extra holes.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    No tattoo's, used to have my eyebrow piecred. Cant ever decide on having a tattoo to bother getting one.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    No tats.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    don't have any, don't want any
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    No tatoos for me. I LOVE art, but not on my body - I think the human body is (itself) art...

Plus, I've known MANY people who have had regrets - years later, mind you - but later regret they EVER got a tatoo. . .

I DO have pierced ears, but that's it...