Tattoo-Free: Who does NOT have any?

Options

Replies

• jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    No tattoos here, not much of a fan. I have some seen some nice ones especially if they aren't huge and more simple, but the people that get their body covered??? I don't get it. I may get a single small one some day, but who knows. I do have my nose pierced which I love.

Correct that first sentence to " I have seen some nice ones" LOL
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Tattoos can be nice, and they can be too much. For me, it's not my thing, so I don't have any. I have considered them, but as I got older, I realized that something permanent on my body is too much of a commitment when my interests always change.
    jyuubi I couldn't agree more. Well said!

Nothing at all against those who have them... but for me, unless I can change them as often as I change my mind, I'll pass.

:flowerforyou:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Virgin 47 year old skin, except for the odd scar here and there...I think my husband would be secretly thrilled if I got a small one just under my right hip bone, though...
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    I don't have any....yet. I have thought about the same tattoo for the past 5 years, and i plan to get it done this winter. i love tattoos.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Nope. None. Nada. I have scars from biopsies for skin cancer. That was enough pain.
    I just don't get it. But it could be that I'm an old lady and it's a generational thing. But a lot of my friends have tramp stamps. I guess it makes their husbands happy. To each his own.
    P.S. the tattoos on a leg look like varicose veins to me. Not to insult anyone but that's the first thing I think of when I see them on men and women's legs.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have none, but find them incredibly sexy and my spouse has many :). I am considering one.
  • lklascala
    lklascala Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Totally ink free!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    None here. My skin's too pretty.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I see so many people in their 30's, 50's, 70's with tattoos that look awful.

They are lovely when new. They don't look that way forever.

They're also inflexible. I taught my husband to paint on tattoos when I'm really in the mood for one. More flexible and a lot more fun to get.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'd feel naked without them.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nope, no tattoos here. Two words: distinguishing marks. What if I decide to change careers and lead a life of crime? Tattoos are just one more way for the cops to track you down. :)
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    None for me, only piercing is my ears. No desire for tats, my step daughter and step son make up for neither my husband or I have any.
  • hhindsle
    hhindsle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nope, no tattoos here. Two words: distinguishing marks. What if I decide to change careers and lead a life of crime? Tattoos are just one more way for the cops to track you down. :)

My husband says the exact same thing! I told him he only thinks that way because of being "Mexican". Guess others see that angle as well. I've always wanted one but wouldn't be able to figure out of what or where. That problem was solved when he told me straight up that if I got one he would divorce me. Who knew people could be so touchy! :)
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, but i'm thinking about it. I'm certainly not getting one on an impulse.
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos, mostly because I don't think there is any image I like enough to make it a permanent part of my body. However, this past year I had a nasty run-in with a Portuguese Man of War (jellyfish) that has left me with scars on my legs. Most of them are lines made of little white polka-dots where the stingers latched on (across both thighs), and aren't really noticeable unless you are looking for them. I had a ton of tentacles wrapped around both ankles, and on my right one there are visible brown scars in weird, squiggly shapes. I am toying with the idea of getting a tattoo of a jellyfish over them (if that is even possible, I have no idea, but they aren't raised at all, just discolorations). I have always loved jellyfish (so ironic), grew up by the beach, love to swim, and consider them one of my favorite kinds of animals, so it would be meaningful beyond that crazy time I almost drowned because a jellyfish wrapped around me while snorkeling three miles out to sea... I will have to think on it some more. Who knows, maybe the scars will all fade (this happened in February).
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I dont have any but am looking to get one this year. I just need to find the right art.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My husband says the exact same thing! I told him he only thinks that way because of being "Mexican". Guess others see that angle as well. I've always wanted one but wouldn't be able to figure out of what or where. That problem was solved when he told me straight up that if I got one he would divorce me. Who knew people could be so touchy! :)

I never could understand that mindset, tbh. 'If you do something you want to do but I do not like I will leave you'. Meh, po-tay-to, po-tah-to...
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i considered it once in college when a friend was playing around with temporary tattoos. i put one on and i liked the idea of it, but i have to say i'm kind of proud for not having any. in a society where most people my age have more than one piercing or a tattoo of some sort, i'm proud of the fact that i have one hole in each ear (in the earlobes) and no tattoos. almost all of my friends have something on their bodies or multiple piercings or have dyed their hair. i have even gone so far as to never have highlighted or dyed my hair, or done any of that other stuff because i like being a natural beauty! :)
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Althoughh I do admire the art work of a nice tattoo I feel they are not for me! I am a non-tatooer!! :smile:
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    :cry: Nope!