Preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse

Options

Replies

• amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Our cellar has 2 exits, if you count the old coal shaft.

reading all these posts,I believe I need to invest more effort! :cry:

lol!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

lol!

Tell your hubby to get in gear! :smile:
  • amruden
    Options

lol!

oohh.. nah! Can't even get him to hang the ceiling fan! :grumble:

but he is a good fisherman, open and hard water.. so Might keep him around though the 1st winter.. :tongue:
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm not that prepared but why do you think I started running? I need the stamina to out run the mofos!

Thats almost exactly why I started too!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Not really, but my father has about 200 jugs of water stored up in the crawl space of my parents' house.

Does that count?

My parents too. But they're left overs from the whole Y2K thing.

That's stunning - my mother in law passed away last year and we found a whole bunch of jugs of water from Y2K as well. I thought she was unique.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't have to outrun the zombies, just some of the living people. I keep telling my wife to start training, but I'm afraid she'll be zombie food. I'm gonna miss her.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

lol!

but he is a good fisherman, open and hard water.. so Might keep him around though the 1st winter.. :tongue:

Fisherman...uhh a lot of people think they can survive on wildlife this is bad plan...think about it. Animals can get infected too. you hook into a zombie fish and pull that into the boat with you....Bad day 8ZombieFish.jpg
  • amruden
    Options
    I don't have to outrun the zombies, just some of the living people. I keep telling my wife to start training, but I'm afraid she'll be zombie food. I'm gonna miss her.

hahahah!!! my hubs smokes.. he will be zombie food too!!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The problem with this topic is people know "zombies" are only in the movies, so they don't think they need to plan for anything. Reality has given us lots of reasons to plan for the unknown - Hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, long-term power outages, plagues, droughts, and more. Your typical grocery store only holds about 3 days worth of food for your area. In the event of a major power outage, you will be stuck with what's in your house - no stores to go to, gas stations don't work, phones don't work, toilets won't work, and so on.

There's nothing wrong with being prepared to stay put for a week of isolation.

And don't even get me started about the horrors of what some people can do when they're desperate. Hurricane Katrina has lots of learning lessons about that topic.

Agree. I don't disclose my plans to persons outside my family.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I also like this little beauty It can be used for a lot of things. Not as light as a machete but multiple uses and they have a new cousin that I like as well

7246754.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKt4y32xnrxk0OrLT2XC9_XHFKpm8gWPi63p8m1qVSSw2EMc8k5867G6Xccg

This is a great gift my my son!!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I miss TWD :(

5 more months!!

too long :cry:

And if you saw the last episode you know we're already infected :frown:
  • amruden
    Options

lol!

Fisherman...uhh a lot of people think they can survive on wildlife this is bad plan...think about it. Animals can get infected too. you hook into a zombie fish and pull that into the boat with you....Bad day 8ZombieFish.jpg

good bye hubby! lol!!
    :brokenheart:
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Gerber Gear: Popular amoung US military and they provide gear for The Walking Dead.

gerber_gator_walking_dead_machete_pro_540.jpg

oh my gawd - I wanted a modified machete, but now that I see this - wow! I know what I'm adding to my survival kit!
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    I admittedly have no supplies, I might be in trouble if the power even went out for a few days, but I DO love the game of pondering about defensible locations to take over / move to.

On a related note, there's been 'Zombie Survival Training' classes (kid and adult versions) in the portland (oregon) area, which are basically just survival classes with zombies thrown in for silliness. Humorous twist to learning the basics of wilderness survival.

Just finished reading World War Z, so right now I'm leaning to 'no matter what, I think we'd be #$#@#. '
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    I admittedly have no supplies, I might be in trouble if the power even went out for a few days, but I DO love the game of pondering about defensible locations to take over / move to.

On a related note, there's been 'Zombie Survival Training' classes (kid and adult versions) in the portland (oregon) area, which are basically just survival classes with zombies thrown in for silliness. Humorous twist to learning the basics of wilderness survival.

Just finished reading World War Z, so right now I'm leaning to 'no matter what, I think we'd be #$#@#. '

"The Patriots" is a great fictional book about planning ahead.
  • amruden
    Options
    So what type of food does everyone have?

rice?
    random can goods?
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options

rice?
    random can goods?

Bug in food - lots of home canned/dried stuff.
    Bug out food - dried beans, dried meat, dried fruits, quinoa, amaranth.
    Fats are going to be tricky, unless there's time to make pemmican in the bug-in period
    Seeds (for planting in safe zone)

Rice is heavy for the amount of nutrition you get out of it, but good while staying put.
  • Trail_Addict
    Options

rice?
    random can goods?

Bug in food - lots of home canned/dried stuff.
    Bug out food - dried beans, dried meat, dried fruits, quinoa, amaranth.
    Fats are going to be tricky, unless there's time to make pemmican in the bug-in period
    Seeds (for planting in safe zone)

Rice is heavy for the amount of nutrition you get out of it, but good while staying put.

^^^This

"Bugging Out" is only recommended if it will better your situation.

There is a whole "Prepper" community on Youtube, with countless channels chock full of advice. I had 100 videos of my own up, but have since taken down. Go check it out. There is more information on the topic than you could ever imagine!
  • amruden
    Options
    eeekk..might be putting my cellar to use!

2 tornadoes 20 miles to the north of me..This cell is heading my way!

Always a day late on these things! LOL!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    eeekk..might be putting my cellar to use!

2 tornadoes 20 miles to the north of me..This cell is heading my way!

Always a day late on these things! LOL!!

Crap I better watch myself driving home then