Am I destined to a life without chips? :(

Options
14567810»

Replies

• k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've made my own with no oil, which definitely helps. Sadly, it requires motivation, which I usually don't have when I want chips!
    You can just slice a potato as thinly as possible, lightly salt, and nuke the suckers in the microwave. After a few minutes they get nice and crispy, no oils needed.
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Twistos, FTW!! Not really a chip but every bit as good, if not better!!!
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If I was on a diet that didn't allow chips I would have given up a LONG time ago. :-)
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight, chips are out. You're lucky to have the bread to put together a sandwich. The chips are something you could re-introduce once the weight is down to where you want to be ... then you can think about how to eat them in a reasonable amount. I suppose if you are absolutely DYING for chips (not daily, just sometimes) then you could work 'a few bites' into your calorie count that day.
    Just my thoughts. Don't want to be harsh but I don't think losing weight and chips go together :) Sorry!
    All the best :)

It's almost scary how mistaken you are.

Agreed
  • hadeschainz
    Options
    The single biggest thing to do is to consciously force yourself to eat less and to eat healthier for at least a month. It won't be fun, and you have to splurge once a week, but don't go crazy. But by the end of it, you'll have lost a good bit of weight, you're stomach will have shrunk, and you'll begin to unconsciously eat less and eat healthier. I lost more than 20 lbs in 2 months and I've been keeping my weight roughly the same ever since. I am a huge chip eater, and I eat, and even when I was consciously eating much differently, ate them a few times a week in small amounts. You can do it.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My go to chips (which I don't eat everyday) are
    the UTZ Kettle Classics - Reduced Fat (40%)

130 calories, 75 Sodium in 20 chips!