http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq684tmvd1A
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Clapton. Hands down.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    just moving this back up towards the top.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    People like ME pay for music nowadays, sir. It's rather the right thing to do, you know.

^ 2nd best guitart ever....and not to Eddie!

:P HI Windy.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Blues - Kenny Wayne Shephard

Metal - Dimebag Darrel

Sickness: Joe Satriani
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You may not like his music, but Prince is the #1 guitar player in my book. ;)

I like your thinking. Mr Rogers has a great natural style and his expression is brilliant but he's so much of everything else (bassist, k/boards, drummer, singer, producer, performer) that his guitar playing probably suffers. As good as he is I can never help thinking how much better he could be if he didn't do all the other stuff. That said, I love the little guy and wouldn't want him to change a bit (apart from maybe coming to the UK a little more often and not trying to get us to sign up as Jehovah's Witnesses when he does, oh and he was better when he swore all the time but that all I want to change honestly)
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    I'd like to add Nile Rodgers to the mix.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Lyndsay Buckingham. I think hes always been really great. A different sounding guitar.
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    I'd say that Hendrix ranks as #1.

Plenty around for #2, I'll throw Eric Johnson in to the mix.

Oh yea Eric Johnson. Nice.
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    Van-Halen.jpg
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of Harris, Billy was in that David Lee Roth band right?

Yeah, he was in Roth's first solo band with Steve Vai and then played with Paul Gilbert in Mr. Big. No surprise, but Roth's best albums were his first two with Vai and Sheehan, both left after them.
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    It's all about what you like. All the legends are unreal. Paige, Vaughn, Hendrix, Steve Vai, Malstein (sp?), Randy Rhodes, Zac Wylde. Eddie Van Halen is my favorite though. I love the 'brown' sound, they old school Frankenstrat design, and the insane hammer-ons Eddie is famous for. I'm going to see Van Halen in Nashville this Friday! 3 Freaking rows from the stage!! Whoooo woooo!

Randy Rhodes, Zac Wylde. are my FAV :):)
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Except for the top acts most bands don't make money touring. Most are trying to figure out how to not lose money and with merchandising and selling CDs at they might make money. Piracy of music is wrong and you can justify however you want but it's still wrong. The reality is that it is different today because you can download music with no generation loss and your downloads don't wear out over time. People used to make mix tapes but they also paid for a LOT more music. It's also a markedly different economy that has its plusses and minuses but for the overwhelming majority you don't choose a career in music to get rich you do it because it's in your blood and you hope to make a living. The reality is if you like listening to music and you enjoy a band then buy their CD, if you figure in inflation the cost of music is the lowest it's ever been by a long shot. If more people would just be honest I think we'd see a lot more good music become available and that would lead to better tours much better sounding records and all sorts of cool stuff that right now no one can afford to produce. This comes from someone that has spent the last 20 years working in the music industry and has watched nearly of the major recording studios go under, has seen prominent figures struggle to make a living (and it's not always because of foolish spending and addictions) and all sorts of other things due to a collapsing economy caused largely by piracy. I don't mean to start a war but if you walk up to a jewelry store and throw a brick through the window then the alarm goes off and police are there in minutes but if you download music, movies or software online it's just as wrong yet our system hasn't figured out how to police it.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Chris Caffrey
    Angus Clark

JM
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Top 6 In no particular order:

Slash
    Zakk Wylde
    Ingwie Malmsteen
    Jason Becker
    Dave Gilmour
    Dimebag Darrell

ETA: Drummer- Yoshiki of XJAPAN -- http://youtu.be/IJFGacyf0hk
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love me some Warren Haynes!!! Of course Dimebag Darrell was just well.....the best. I hear that he tried for years to buy Eddie VanHalen's red guitar with the stripes on it and he wouldn't sell it. Then when dimebag died, Eddie put it in his casket. Rumor??? who know's.... lol

Eddie put the Yellow and black Frankenstein in Dimebag's casket.

Good ****!! Thats a good man right there!!
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    there is a video on youtube of lil wayne playing a "guitar solo."

it seriously made me consider quitting life.

^^This^^