Ladies? Ever cut your hair short and regretted it?

Options

Replies

• cbcw1964
    cbcw1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    I almost always had a Pixie Cut...Demi Moore in Ghost style and always always always loved it...now I am salt and pepper and have a long layered shag style that I also love! Short hair is easy and fun!:flowerforyou:
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was probably 6 or 7 the last time my hair was shorter than my shoulders. My mom cut it chin-length when I was that age and I don't think I ever fully recovered! Lol! My hair has always been long since then, with the shortest being shoulder-length. I have a round face, and my stylist refuses to cut my hair short because it wouldn't look right on me. Plus I LOVE my long hair...literally. I am waaay too attached to ever chop it off. I want to donate to locks of love, but it would need to be a LOT longer than it is now (hits at my bra line) so I could have enough to donate and then enough left over for me!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Every single time I cut my hair I regret. So I've now decided I am not going to cut it until it's super long as I've always wanted to grow it out.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I never had my hair pixie-cut short, but every time I chopped it to chin length, I think, "Why do I ever grow my hair out?!"
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I've had as little as 1/4 inch of hair on the top of my head. I loved every minute of it. I've done them all: pixie, bob, you-name-it. And you know what? It ALWAYS grows back. It's tricky like that. Go for it! You won't regret it. Just make sure you invest in earrings and lipstick. Long hair covers a multitude of ills. :bigsmile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have had my hair every length from completely bald to waist-length. I never regretted the super-short cuts until they started growing out. My hair only looks good when super-short or at least shoulder-length... not in-between. That's just me, of course, but it's something to consider.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    In my early 20's when I was thinner I got a pixie cut. It was awesome looking. Unfortunately, as I started to pack on the weight I just started looking horrible, so I grew my hair back out to hide the roundness of my face and double chin. I expect that if I trim down I will cut my hair back off because I'm terrible about styling it.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I never had my hair pixie-cut short, but every time I chopped it to chin length, I think, "Why do I ever grow my hair out?!"

Me too. I have curly hair and when it gets past my shoulders its just too heavy and the weight pulls out the curl and it just hangs there with no style. Chin length to above my shoulders suits my face better.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I love shorter hair (above the shoulder/chin length hair) but I know I am the type of person to regret a haircut once I've cut it...so I will do some thinking. I will call my stylist (whom I've known for a long time and is now my friend) to see what she thinks because after reading all of your comments I remembered that once while she was doing my hair she mentioned something about having a crazy cow-lick in the back of my head...so the short hair might not work if my hair will be sticking up in the back when it shouldn't. We shall see...

Again, thank you! :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I buzzed my hair off a few years ago for a part I was singing in a show....like a quarter inch long all over. I figured what the heck, it will grow back. I ended up liking it that way so much I still have it that way. Its easy. It suits my life. I just like it and will probably never grow it beck again.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    yes...and it took FOREVER to grow back and STILL isnt there yet. DONT DO IT unless you know you have the face for short hair.
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i am booked int to get my just past shoulder length hair cut short on Wednesday next week... it's been great reading this thread!
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I was 15 I had it cut off so short, loved it for about a week, then hated it. I only get it cut every couple of months now, it has grown all the way down to my hips again :happy:
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I loved my pixie! I would still have it but my boyfriend prefers long hair and I like long hair too, so I decided to grow it out. It was so easy to get ready in the morning and it felt great since I in Arizona and its so hot. I think I look better with very long hair or very short though, so I was in not happy growing it out...I got mine cut when I was still overweight and it looked great then and after I lost some weight too! I think its thinning to a round face when done right, draws the eye upward :)

30106_134905893190438_100000130834469_394774_652547_n.jpg

13566_105033862844308_100000130834469_136797_6625762_n.jpg
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have short hair and I love it. I'm African American and live in Europe, so I don't really have the time or resources to devote to long hair, so before I moved here, I cut about 10 inches off and went natural. It has its ups and downs, but I loved it when my hair was shorter - now it's in an awkward phase and I'm kinda mehhh about it and I'm trying to grow it out. It's easier for me to deal with, but it's definitely not the case for everyone - my best friend cut her hair short like mine as well and she absolutely hates it :frown:
    Here are some things I wish people had told me when I cut my hair:

It does not grow back evenly. Like, not even a little bit. My hair is ranging from 3.5 - 8 inches all over my head. It's really frustrating.

It's not always less time. Depending on your hair texture, long hair can be less time because it can hide hair issues better.

You won't look like a boy! i was scared of this, but no one has ever insinuated that I look even remotely masculine with short hair.

When I first got it cut

shorthair2.jpg
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    also, i should mention I was 40 pounds heavier when I cut my hair, and I still got a ton of compliments, so don't let your size stop you!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I like to think I rock a pixie cut (:
    My hair has been short for years! Then Ill let it grow out, hate that, and cut it all off again. Short hair can be very sexy!
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life right now. (Just started MFP) and I recently cut all my hair off. I was hesitant to do it as well, because of the roundness of my face. (My profile pictures is my hair cut now.) I was pleasantly surprised that the shorter hair didn't make me look any bigger. I love my short hair. It's so easy to style. I can do my hair from wet to dry and styled in about 4 minutes.
    You can always do a shorter cut, to see if you like the way you look with shorter hair now that you've lost a lot of weight. I wouldn't recommend a pixie first... you can always go shorter if you want later. But that's just me. I take baby steps with my hair. The nice thing about hair is that it grows... so even if you go for the pixie and aren't super crazy about it, in a few weeks, you've got a completely new style and you might grow into a style that you really love! Good luck! Post pics if you do cut it!
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think it would suit you well, you are very pretty. I have ALWAYS regretted cutting my hair but not because it did not suit me, rather due to me really loving long hair :)
  • rkennedy54
    Options
    Short hair can look really great if you choose a style that suits your face shape. Depending too if you have curly, frizzy or straight hair, the style may be difficult to manage. It is also really important to have a stylist who is really good at cutting and knowledgable with face shapes to be able to manage it well as the hair will thensit where it is supposed to. Another thing, short hair and makeup looks awesome. Short hair and bland face is not always the best.