ladies at 5'8 what is your ideal weight target?

im 25yrs old and 5'8 or 173cms and my target is 135lbs im almost there now at 137.5.
i just need to tone!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'm 5'9 and my current goal is 150... Ultimate is 140.. but I don't think I will ever get to 140.. I'm small enough at 150!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    5'8 and a goal weight of 135lbs.
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    i'm 5'9 and i was looking smoking hot at 150 lbs years back.. if i hit 150 i might aim for 145 but that's it.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    150 plus wiggle room, so make that about 145-147ish. I was 135 pre-children (about 13 years ago) and don't think it looks healthy on my 5'8" frame (biggish bones, wide shoulders, now-wider hips).
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    im not big boned so i can pull off 135 without looking ill lol
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    I'm 5'9 and goal is 123 (56kg)
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member

wow thats low! not even healthy your bmi would be like 18.1 :indifferent:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member

You realize that BMI is an awful estimator of health right?

A lot of people are considered obese/unhealthy by BMI standards, even tho they are perfectly healthy.

If that's her goal then more power to her.. only she can decide what is healthy/un-healthy.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member

A lot of people are considered obese/unhealthy by BMI standards, even tho they are perfectly healthy.

If her dream is to become a model then she is on the right track. Average girls should be allowed to weigh where they are comfortable.

If that's her goal then more power to her.. only she can decide what is healthy/un-healthy.

If her dream is to become a model then she is on the right track. Average girls should be allowed to weigh where they are comfortable.
  • pinky221
    pinky221 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm just under 5'8. My ultimate goal is between 147-150
  • I am 25, 5'8'', my goal is 145.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    at 5'8 my smallest was 123, I looked disgusting. I'm at 138 now, my trainer thinks 132 on my frame would be perfect.
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67

Agreed. I'm considered obese by BMI standards and yeah I'm definitely overweight but I am not what I would consider obese. I'm 5'8' and my goal weight is 130.
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    i'm 5'7 and my goal is 130
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Around 5'8" and my goal is 128-130! :smile:
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    I am 5' 8.5" and my goal weight is 140..... I cannot remember when I was there before its been so long.. if I got to 150 and looking fit, then I would stop there.....

Its more about how I look and not about what the scale says!!
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is set at 127. This is based on the fact that I want to have 28% body fat where right now I have 38.5% body fat. In reality I don't really have a goal weight because it will be whatever I weigh when I lose 10 inches from my belly and I am skinny FIT. I just don't want to look like I'm still pregnant anymore. (it's been 4 years).. Lol.
  • Good Morning!!

I am 5'9 and I am looking for anywhere around 140-142. As of right now I am 148 and am OK with it. I would love to just tone up and loose some of the infamous "belly fat" (thank you genetics)!!

Just for a comparison: In college I weighed 130-135 and I looked like I needed to eat a burger or two!! That was too low for me.

However, I do understand that everyone's body is different ad weight settles in different places on different people. Just remember to set REALISTIC and HEALTHY goals for yourself!!

Good luck. :-)
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    I'm just shy of 5'9" and my goal weight is right where I am, bouncing between 153 and 154. I need to tone and polish things up, but with my frame (broad shoulders and hips) this is about the right weight for me.
  • Lecypage
    Lecypage Posts: 22
    I'm 5'8 and at my smallest I was 55kg (121lbs) but that was when I'd just gotten back from backpacking around europe and boy did I look freakishly skinny. I'm currently plateauing at about 65kg (143lbs) but I'd like to get down to around the 60kg (128-130ish) mark. Though I'm sort of past the weight part and am focussing more on the fitness and toning side, so if I put more weight back on because of toning up I don't mind because I'll look and feel better anyway :D weight is just a number now.