ladies at 5'8 what is your ideal weight target?

Options

Replies

• samanthaTthatsme
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I don't remember ever weighing under 142 lbs, so I may edit my goal depending on how I'm looking/feeling.
    My goal weight is 138 lbs, which I think will leave lots of room to tone in my stomach and thighs.
    I have a large, muscular frame. Athletic build.
    I wear a size 8.
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my current goal is 150... Ultimate is 140.. but I don't think I will ever get to 140.. I'm small enough at 150!

I'm the same. I was 135 in high school, but really anything under 160 will make me happy.
  • rabbiter
    rabbiter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    150lbs at 5'8
  • graciesmomma0209
    graciesmomma0209 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and mine is about 145-155. I like having a little curve to my body lol. I was 125 about 10 years ago and I think I was almost too skinny and I have no curves. My body is weird though and I look better with a tiny bit of extra weight on me for some reason.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    128. I was happy and athletic at this weight.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 135 too (:
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    5'8.

Going to try for a goal of 160, instead of 140-150 as I'd originally wanted, after being tested and learning my Lean Body Mass is 134 lbs. 140 would mean <5% BF...and that's NOT happening. Even 150 is less than 11%. Since lean and strong are my primary goals, I don't want to sacrifice muscle for scale vanity. I think I can reach 160 with 17% BF though. I'm going to give it my best!
  • dianachen1276
    Options
    I have a small frame and currently weigh about 130 at 5'8". I would be happy to just tone up and lose some belly fat. Goal weight is about 120-125.
  • emilylaurelbayon
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 130!
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    at 5'8 my smallest was 123, I looked disgusting. I'm at 138 now, my trainer thinks 132 on my frame would be perfect.

I'm right there with you on this weight. Except I'll say 140 because my boobs probably weigh about 5-6 lbs. and they aren't going anywhere. lol
  • Apples38
    Options
    I am 5ft 7 and want to get back to 140lb. I have put on 56lb in a year and a half, gave up smoking so ate everything in sight!!! X
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I am 5ft 7 and want to get back to 140lb. I have put on 56lb in a year and a half, gave up smoking so ate everything in sight!!! X

Good for you on the quitting smoking! I am quitter myself so I cam empathize with you. It is not an easy task to accomplish!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with a smalish frame. Goal is 135.
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8/5'9 and my goal is 135 but will be happy at 140.
  • Crossfitmandy
    Options
    i'm 5'7 but at a very lean 150lbs which i am happy with
  • kristynsflab
    kristynsflab Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'8" Goal is 145 - 14 pounds to go!! Its all in my middle too :(
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    5ft8 and my ultimate goal is 135. I'm stuck in the mid-to-low 160s right now. Don't think I'll ever get to my goal. My body is being stubborn.
  • pgrewing
    Options
    I'm 5'8. Going for 155 (CW 168). I have a large frame. Dream weight would be 145, but that is what I weighed in HS. I'm not sure I could maintain that.
  • feetjustgo
    feetjustgo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 140.

I have broad shoulders, big hips, and a long torso, so my waist is proportionally small. I think I look best with a little weight to emphasize my natural curves. At 158, my measurements are 38D-30-38. I want to be back in the 36C-27.5-36 range, which was 135-140 before. I'm blessed that I don't hold weight in my torso, so I can get a flat stomach without killing myself to get to a low BMI.

My lowest weight (at a time when my eating was very disordered and unhealthy) was in the mid-120s. My bust and *kitten* completely disappeared. It wasn't very attractive.
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 179 and I wear a size 12,some 10s. My short term goal weight is just to be a healthy BMI of 164. Some of the goal numbers on here look so low, its making my head hurt thinking about how much weight I would have to lose to get there. let alone how long it will it take; like a year! So, my goal, weight for now, is based on being a consistent size 8, so whatever weight gets me there. I think it will about 155. Makes it look more attainable; less stress.

I am also 5'8 and my goal is a healthy BMI which would be under 164lbs. That is flexable at this point. As I am learning more about % body fat I am working more towards lowering my body fat and losing fat/weight. So the number does not matter as much as % body fat and lean muscle for me. I have gone from 44% to 36% in 6 months (50lbs lost in body weight). I am working towards 25% and maybe lower. Even at 132lbs I wore a size 10.