5'8" ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options
I am 5'8" and my SW was 213, CW 193...my goal weight is 150 lbs. Do any of you ladies out there who are around my height have the same goal weight in mind? Any before and after pics? Wondering if I should lower my goal weight a bit.

Replies

• danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at 209. I am currently 165-ish. I haven't really ever been much lower than this so I am going to see how I look as I go. I have a medium bone structure and I'm shaped like an apple. I want to get rid of this dreaded stomach I have. I'm aiming for 140-145 but that's subject to change :) Add me if you would like!!!
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    5'8
    SW: 210lbs
    CW: 138lbs
    GW: 130lbs
    UGW: 125lbs
    I have a pretty small bone structure*
  • jgjansma
    jgjansma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i'm just under 5'9...i'm currently 169 but i'm aiming for 150 for my first goal then reevaluate when i get there..i think anything under 140 for my body type (med/large bone structure, pear/hourglass) would be too thin, i like having curves (:
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and the lowest I've ever gotten was 164. My goal is to get down to about 165 again but with more muscle mass than last time. I want to be STRONG which at 5'8'' means I'm going to weigh more than some people will think is a good goal. I'm at like 173 now. I 'd like to drop about 15 more lbs and build up some lean muscle.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do this in stages
    SW 183
    CW 177
    GW #1 160
    GW#2 145
    UGW or size 135 or a size 6 / 8 I may go by size and not the scale at this point1

I have a medium bone structure, good muscle tone, 42 year old mom of 4. I think 145-150 is really good at 5'8" I have been as low as 118-125 when I was in my early 20's and was very fit and lean. This was too low of a weight when I see pictures now.
  • diananut
    diananut Posts: 18
    Options
    I started out at 210 last July, I'm currently 163. My first goal is 150, but my ultimate goal is 145.
  • TaraDawn85
    Options
    I'm 5'8. My SW was 235, my current is 222.2 (Im just starting out on this journey) My goal is 165 and will then re-evaluate from there. I do know that I havent been smaller that 165 since sometime in Jr High!
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hey..that's me. LOL

sw was 206 I think... I was super cute at 165. If I can get there again, but also be toned/leaner.... I'll be happy.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal 130
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Maybe see what you think when you get there? It depends a lot on frame. My stats are:

SW 319
    GW 165
    CW 153.6

I could lose more in the bottom half of my body, but my top half is getting a little skeletal so I stopped and am working on weights and lots of walking/hiking to improve fitness. Here's a before/after at about 155. All of the pictures I take are pretty clothed because 165 pounds lost leaves a lot of skin behind.

beforeaftersmaller.jpg
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm just a tad shorter at 5'6.5", but close.

SW: 216.6
    CW: 192
    GW: 140ish

I'm basing it more on how I feel when I get there, and BMI, over anything else.

Feel free to add me, if you like. :)
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8. My SW was 235, my current is 222.2 (Im just starting out on this journey) My goal is 165 and will then re-evaluate from there. I do know that I havent been smaller that 165 since sometime in Jr High!

I was about 150 in jr high, too! For now, my goal is 175. My wrist is 7 and 1/8 inches, so I don't want to go too low.
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"!

My high weight was 177 - 178 sophomore and senior years of college.
    When I was depressed and stopped eating much and drinking alcohol a couple summers ago i was down to 159.
    but gained it all back.
    I graduated college last spring and lost four pounds just by...not being in college? lol
    So I started MFP at 173 late February.
    Now it's late April and I'm down to 164 :)

My goal is 150. I couldn't see much of a difference at 159 a couple years ago, but then again it could have also been my outlook on life :/
  • Cortbear80
    Options
    ok so last time I was at the doc they said I was 5'5" but I've always been 5'6"-5'7"....so I'm thinking they measured wrong...anyway...
    My doctor told me for a 5'6" women you should be between 155 and 135 which is crap because it all depends on your bone structure and your genetic background. And how you carry your weight. For example. a friend of mine is about 5'7" and weighs close to 175 but she is well endowed in the bust...well was anyway, she had them reduced,,,not the point though...
    So, my point is, whatever you feel comfortable at and feel healthy at is the weight you should be at 5'8". :)
    Not to mention muscle weighs more than fat so if you are working out and building muscle you are going to weigh more than what the doctors want you to weigh.
  • DotNana
    DotNana Posts: 6
    Options
    SW: 215
    CW 205
    GW 165

was 5'8"........now a tad under (gravity....lol)
  • Cortbear80
    Options
    Maybe see what you think when you get there? It depends a lot on frame. My stats are:

SW 319
    GW 165
    CW 153.6

I could lose more in the bottom half of my body, but my top half is getting a little skeletal so I stopped and am working on weights and lots of walking/hiking to improve fitness. Here's a before/after at about 155. All of the pictures I take are pretty clothed because 165 pounds lost leaves a lot of skin behind.

beforeaftersmaller.jpg

Just wanted to say you look AWESOME and you do not have to lose anymore weight!!! :) You look amazing! :) Congratulations on exceeding your goal :)
  • DotNana
    DotNana Posts: 6
    Options
    Way to go, what an inspiration!!
    Thank you for your story.

:flowerforyou:
  • soldierzside
    soldierzside Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think 150 for me, In high school my lowest was 165 and I was happy with that but did not feel comfortable enough for a bikini so I think I will be happy at 150. I am 224 right now and I started lifting right away that way I am already toned when I get there instead of losing then toning. I hope it works! lol
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    i'm 5'10 and right now my goal weight is 170 or 165...i don't know what i'll look like at that weight so we'll see. I want to look like a woman though...i love curves, curves are sexy.
  • maxybaby8
    maxybaby8 Posts: 17
    Options
    sw 193
    cw 180
    gw154
    height 5"7
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!