5'8" ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• LaPati
    LaPati Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to get under 140 but not sure how much under that number. It's interesting to see the range of goal weights. At my lowest I was 125 and could barely squeeze into a size 8! I suppose it is my pear shape.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    Add me I am 5'8 1/2 I was 214 and now I am 183 my goal weight is also 150 I am going to change it to 140 fit once I hit 150... I have been 125 at this height and in my opinion because I always have curves and boobs, it's 2 skinny for me. I figure once I see ab Muscles I'll be happy or around a 4-7 jean size I'll be comfortable there !
  • Bding123
    Bding123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '8.5 and my goal weight is 147 (10.5st) that will be the lowest I could go though without looking too thin and might even be a bit too much - having been thin before a comfortable weight for me is around 154 (11st) or just under. At that weight I would be a UK size 10/12. Which for me is perfect.
  • mishmash81
    mishmash81 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 70kg :)
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '8.5 and my goal weight is 147 (10.5st) that will be the lowest I could go though without looking too thin and might even be a bit too much - having been thin before a comfortable weight for me is around 154 (11st) or just under. At that weight I would be a UK size 10/12. Which for me is perfect.

Me too!
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Weight 3 years ago: 138
    SW: 190
    CW:168
    UGW:148
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8" and my goal weight is 135. I hit 140 the other day...I may go as low as 130, depending how I feel. I was very very thin in high school and early university. I was probably at my goal weight when I was in my early twenties, for a brief period. I feel like I went from 120-145/150 in only a couple of years, so I skipped right past my sweet spot :wink: Too skinny at 120, muffin top at 150...I weighed 159 around New Year's, and I couldn't fit into my pants...or my dress. Feelin pretty good right now!
    All you ladies are doing great!
    ***feel free to add me!!!***
  • jmarsha8
    jmarsha8 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'7" my goal weight is 145, possibly 140, if I get any lower I tend to look unhealthy and it is too hard to maintain.
  • Funkmeister_t
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'8" too. And 40 yrs old.
    SW: 157
    CW: 149
    GW: 137

I feel much better even after just losing 8 lbs or so. 137 is what I weighed before I got pregnant both times. I was healthy and my clothes fit. I probably have more muscle now that I did then, so I'll pay more attention to the clothes than the numbers at this point.

Cheers!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, my starting weight was 188. Current weight is 172. Goal weight is 160. I have medium to large frame.

I have been down as low as 145 before which I think was a little too low, my collar bones and ribs were starting to be prominent.

After reading everyone's goals, I feel like 160 is a realistic and obtainable target. Could maybe go down to 155.

Best of luck to everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and want to get to about 135 HOWEVER, it will depend on how much lean muscle you put on in the process. It'll give you pounds but looks great and actually makes you look fit rather than "skinny". Plus, muscle burns fat so it helps in the whole process! In the end, it'll be about how you want to look and how you feel about that look. I am going for a Jamie Eason-type style (but again, I'm quite a bit taller than she is) so I will weigh whatever I weigh when I see the body emerge that I aim aiming for :-D

Don't give up! Get to what makes YOU happy and healthy!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and weigh 330 lbs. My first goal is 200 lbs, and then i would be happy with 150 lb - 180 lb. I have a bigger frame and think I would look fab at that weight.
  • Meganosborn1988
    Meganosborn1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think your Goal Weight sounds like a really healthy goal!

5'5 1/2

SW 187.7
    CW 161.4
    GW#1 150
    GW#2 145

26 lbs. weight loss so far since Dec. 1st. Good luck on your goal!
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'8"

Sw: 285
    Cw: 185
    Gw: 170 this is what i started at for a Gw.
    Gw: 150 after losing some weight I think I should see how this looks.

I haven't been in the 150's since I was about 11 years old so I have no clue what I will look like but I am going for toning after hitting my first Gw and will reduce my cardio and double my weight training.

Anyone feel free to add me, always looking for dedicated friends to finish this journey with me :)
  • Samantha5509
    Samantha5509 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am around 5'8'' and my Starting weight was 170 and now I am around 168 my goal is 140!!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'8". Starting weight was 165, and now at 147. Would like to be 135 again (was 130 before kids). The woman on page one who made it to 130 and took the awesome muscle shot really nailed it.

Good luck to us (slightly) taller ladies!
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a bigger frame. Here is my before and kinda current picture. My goal weight is 165, I am currently at 203. We will see how I feel at 165 and go from there.

beforeandafter.png
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 207, and I was miserable. :P

My goal weight is 160. I'm large boned and athletic though, so that probably wouldn't be a healthy weight for a lot of people...:)
  • JennyLu3
    JennyLu3 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am just under 5'9, and my goal weight is 163. I'm never going to be a skinny little thing - my body just isn't cut out for it. Gotta love that German build. ;) I'm really aiming to just make it to the top of my healthy weight range as well as work towards maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.
  • nicholen1970
    nicholen1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My biggest suggestion would be to find a look you like. I've been working my *kitten* off trying to lose a bunch of weight and while I'm not losing a lot yet, I'm liking the way I look more and more. You have to be happy with your body after all, and you're not going to know where that ideal weight is, until you get there. Enjoy the journey and remain honest with youself. Best of luck!! I'm rooting for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!