5'8" ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    My ultimate goal weight is 150 lbs. I will see once I get there is I need to lose anymore weight.
  • soon_chaos
    Options
    I' 5'8'' and currently 68kg~ planning to cut it down until 58kg~
  • forevereuphoric
    forevereuphoric Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was originally 200+. I'm 140ish now and I'd like to be 120ish. I have a very small frame (wrist is 5.5 inches, ring size is 4...you get the picture) with "curves" so I think that will be an acceptable weight for me.
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. Started at 180lbs (heaviest was nearer 190lbs), currently about 140-142lbs (not dieting or recording my calories at all and have maintained this for a year). I'd like to drop another 7lbs but I think my body is quite happy how it is so I'm just trying to increase my exercise.

oj1p2g.jpg

2ppke1x.jpg
  • hayleybedford
    Options
    I am 5"8 i use to weigh 54kilos 118lbs and it suited me very well!

I had a baby and went to 78kilos 171lbs but i did have a big baby and soon as i gave birth i dropped to 67kilos 148lbs

I started MFP at 66 kilos im now down to 63 kilos 140lbs

My goal is

55kilos - 120lbs!

Also to tone up my body once i reach that weight!

<3
  • PBfilledpretzel
    Options
    I'm tall myself, however, my goal is 165 and that may even be TOO little because we are tall. More height and less weight will make some look sick, ya know what I mean? I am big boned though and I have more muscle than fat so I kinda look like a body builder :P I'm a female...... X)
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' 1/2 and my ultimate goal weight is 132 lb, but it all depends. If I lose my belly before I hit 132 lb I'd be cool with that. It's not my weight that bothers me, it's how it looks on my body. D:
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and my ultimate goal weight is to be able 155-160. I'm a pear shape, I've got hips, so when I was 155-160, I was a 7-9 in pants and a M top.

:) I've got a long way to go, my first goal is 190 and then I'll lower it to 160! Good luck :)
  • asafcat
    asafcat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8 and my goal weight is 140.

SW: 164
    CW: 154
    GW: 140

Most of my weight is in my gut so I feel I need to go down to 140 for my belly to look somewhat normal. I'm a size 8-10 now and at 140 I should be more of a 6-8.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". My current is 190 and goal is 165. I used to weigh 268!

I'd like to do weight training and be at 165. My job requires me to not be too frail :)
  • mrsmg01
    mrsmg01 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5'8" I have had four children and am the wrong side of forty

Starting weight was nearly 14 stone 4 lbs I decided to loose weight in stages.

I lost a stone to start off with and made sure I maintained that weight for a month or so.

Then I hit the exercise a bit harder and am now at 12 stone 3lbs and working really hard to get to my first goal of 11 st 10lbs which is what I weighed when my second child was born ( he is now 13)

then I will set my next goal I have an idea what I would like to weigh but think I will be guided by how the clothes fit

Most guide lines say should weigh about 10 1/2 stone but in all honesty I'm not sure I could loose that much

I'm sorry to write in stones and pounds but I just can't get my head around the bigger figure of just lbs

keep it up what ever works best for you
  • morninglilli
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" I am at 150ish now, and I am shooting for 135-140.
    I put on about 15 lbs of depression weight after a recent miscarriage. I am trying to get back to where I felt the healthiest.
    Any lower than than 135 and I look sick.
    I would be fine with higher numbers if it was all lean mean muscle! :)
    But until then I am just going to try to get the numbers down with cardio, circuit training, and calorie counting.
  • jkrod81
    jkrod81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5' 8". My current weight is 161 and I have my goal set around 145. It is subject to change. I may quit at 150 or I might feel I have a tiny bit more to lose. In the past 7 years, I haven't gotten below my current weight, so my goal is to be the weight that makes me feel the most comfortable with my reflection in the mirror. I'm not quite there yet.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8,

SW: 232lbs
    GW: 164lbs

I'm at goal now...(well I'm actually 168lbs, but my body fat % has gone down), it's muscle I've put on and I've lost inches. I wouldn't want to be any smaller than this. I have a large frame and hips and boobs.

I initially wanted to be a size 12 (UK) and a *healthy* bmi (just)...once I got to goal and started maintenance I've put on 4lbs but lost a whole dress size...which I'm a bit annoyed about as I don't think (for me) a size 10 UK is sustainable...I want to be a solid always size 12...but that's coz of my height, build etc...

Anyways I'm now quite toned and suchlike, still seeing where I get to...I don't think you can really predict anything til you get closer...When I hit 170lbs people were telling me I was the perfect size (originally), and I was already at my goal size..,ok things wern't as toned, but physically in terms of size I was there...

If I go any smaller I think for me I'll look too small... I have photos on my profile, though the smallest pics are of me in Jan and Feb in about 3 layers of clothes, and I've lost size since then, but havn't taken any new pics...hmmm should probably go take some!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am trying to be more realistic. I started at close to 300 and I am hoping to get to about 180. Sure that is overweight, but I think I would be more comfortable there than say 150.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 with a prolly large-ish frame..My goal weight is around 155lb. My highest weight was 290 and my current weight is 258.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'8 I started at 162lbs

I'm now at 140 and my goal weight is 137 so not far off now! x
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and am aiming for 165-180... I have a very large bone structure
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5ft 8, SW 219lbs, CW 202.9lbs, GW 150lbs (ish) I guess it depends on how I look. I'm quite broad and have wide hips (after 3 very large babies) so I don't think I could ever achieve a petite image. I think I'm aiming for a solid UK 12.

Good luck everyone. x
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    In high school I was 115-130 and on Ritalin. Once I had a choice I got off it and my body started changing as I reached a healthier weight, and eventually an unhealthy weight. For one thing I went from a B to a C to a D to a DD. The whole time I was that 115-130 I had doctors telling me to gain and other girls saying they were jealous, so keep in mind what a warped standard of beauty this country has, ladies! Some bodies at 5'8 might be okay at that weight, but on me it was unnatural and too thin!

Anyway,
    SW: 161
    CW:147
    GW: 144
    Toning and exercise are the main goals after that.
    Also, for about six months I was maintaining at 153-150 and decided that while that was okay I could stand more. I'm now seeing the things I missed the most about my body again and stopped feeling heavy.
    Feel free to add me, I'm in this for the long haul!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!