Which one is more important.. Looks or Personality

Options

Replies

• bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think if personality was more important, people wouldn't be striving to look thinner ;)

The best thing is people who want to improve the fitness and confidence, rather than just look good!

I think they play an equal role- Id say personality more, but I am always wondering if i look good for the other half :)

Plus, going for looks isnt exactly a bad thing either- instinctively we as animals look for a perfect mate to make great young! Its innate :)
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yes i would and have. ive also dated some attractive *kitten*. an *kitten* is an *kitten* no matter what way they look.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Money:bigsmile:
    this is a whole other issue/thread, im trying my best to step away from the keyboard-Ty
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    this is a whole other issue/thread, im trying my best to step away from the keyboard-Ty

Never ever for their money!!! they wud have neither personality or looks im sure !! xx
  • Tybalt71
    Options

Never ever for their money!!! they wud have neither personality or looks im sure !! xx
    This is selling your soul-Ty
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh good this question.

Which one is more important? The truth, or BS? ;) If you actually expect people to give the non socially acceptable answer... you're barking up the wrong tree.

If personality mattered the most, sites like this wouldn't be popular and no one would be busting their *kitten* in the gym trying to lose weight if they were rewarded the same as the person who was fit and had the train of the opposite sex trailing after them. Douche bags that worshipped their image in the mirror wouldn't be sought after like gold, and toe rags that cared more about bleaching their teeth and their fake tans wouldn't be put high up on the "must have" christmas list.

That's the truth.
    This! I think a lot of the people here saying personality matters the most are some of the same one's in other threads giving examples of drop dead gorgeous celebrities as the ideal type they "*drool*" or "*melt*" over.

Looks affect us all. It's just as we get older we get more realistic about what we can get, (given what WE'VE got), and we re-calibrate accordingly.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Personality is way more important to me

9821387.png
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options

Quite agree x
  • Tybalt71
    Options

Quite agree x
    txs, i'll share my popcorn with you-Ty
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options

Quite agree x
    txs, i'll share my popcorn with you-Ty

lol what an offer :wink:
  • vittelsnacks
    Options
    Oh good this question.

Which one is more important? The truth, or BS? ;) If you actually expect people to give the non socially acceptable answer... you're barking up the wrong tree.

If personality mattered the most, sites like this wouldn't be popular and no one would be busting their *kitten* in the gym trying to lose weight if they were rewarded the same as the person who was fit and had the train of the opposite sex trailing after them. Douche bags that worshipped their image in the mirror wouldn't be sought after like gold, and toe rags that cared more about bleaching their teeth and their fake tans wouldn't be put high up on the "must have" christmas list.

That's the truth.
    This! I think a lot of the people here saying personality matters the most are some of the same one's in other threads giving examples of drop dead gorgeous celebrities as the ideal type they "*drool*" or "*melt*" over.

Looks affect us all. It's just as we get older we get more realistic about what we can get, (given what WE'VE got), and we re-calibrate accordingly.

I agree. I think that personality matters the most in a way that you can find it impossible to love/enjoy spending time with someone who is gorgeous, but has a nasty personality. However, there's a fat chance (no pun intended) of being *happily* dating someone you don't find physically attractive. The thought of any contact (touches/kisses etc) would be repulsive.

I'd put it this way: personality matters the most, but the looks come first.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Personality means more to me than looks. Looks may not last but your personality lasts and lasts.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, do NOT be a tall redhead! For some reason, these characteristics prohibit the "looks or personality" question from ever coming up, because people just don't look (except on here, which is why I love MFP).

Anyway, as other people have said, looks draw attention, personality keeps attention.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    nope. they need to be good looking. personality plays a factor, but i'm not going to hook up with some chick that looks like she got hit in the face with a shovel, no matter how awesome she is to talk to.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You hope to get the whole package but of course personality. Now would I be sexually attracted to a "dog"? No......we can be friends though.......:)
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes. Looks disappear with time, but a great personality lasts forever. In fact, that's why I married my late husband!
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I find a great personality makes someone more attractive. So both but average with a great personality becomes great looking sometimes.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Neither. I base all relationships on astrological signs and sexual talent.

I say Personality and this ^^^^
  • daz60
    daz60 Posts: 22
    Options
    100% AGREE!
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Personality, looks fade :smile: that makes a person way more attractive to me especially with a great sense of humor.