Which one is more important.. Looks or Personality

Options

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Out of curiousity and i would like to get EVERYONE opinion on this.

Would you date a woman/ man who isnt so attractive but has a great personality?

I find myself more sexually/physically attracted to guys who have good personalities - eg. guys who make me laugh, have similar values to me, guys who are smart/geeky etc so yes I would definitely say I prefer personality over traditional "good looks". I think it's important that you can be comforable with them, connect with them, be able to spend a lot of time with them..
  • christinac1011
    Options
    Personality is better due to you can change anytime on your looks maybe do it together You want someone who will stick around so maybe starting with someone you get along with is better.laugh:
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    both are important but personality is what makes a relationship last i think
  • yungnold
    yungnold Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Personality for long term... Looks if I'm just trying to you know lol
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The short answer is that personality is most important.
    Looks fade and as Howard Stern said "Look at the prettiest woman you see in a magazine and there is some guy sick of screwing her".
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

do you ask yourself what the reason others see in you when they take you out on a date??
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you can draw my in with your looks ... but can your personality keep me ?
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Yep.

In fact, I have never thought my husband was the most gorgeous guy out there. But I dated him anyway because he was nice and sweet and a gentleman, and married him for all of that and because the more I know him the more awesome I think he is.

Looks don't make a happy relationship. Manners do (and personality is part of that, I guess)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i go for personality
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Looks is what initially attracts me to someone but they would not have to be a 10. Someone say a 4-5 will become a 12 in my eyes from their personality. With out a personality it will never make it.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound strange but first the car is/was important to me. My boyfriend isn't that attractive but he has the sexiest Mustang GT and I've always wanted to ride in one. So, I agreed to a first date. Then we hit it off and match up so well. I'll be honest and say I still don't think he's the hottest guy out there but his personality more than makes up for it. Now, I'm trying to talk him into selling the car and popping the question! :laugh:
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    definitely personnality, but with a physical attraction is needed
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I have known some attractive men and women that were so full of themselves or dumb (and I don't use that term lightly) and it made them completely unattractive.

And on the reverse I have known some people that would not be classified attractive by some but their personality, humor, etc made them very attractive.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Personality.
  • Aleyonce
    Aleyonce Posts: 43 Member
    Options

do you ask yourself what the reason others see in you when they take you out on a date??

No, not really. And if i ever question that i would just simply ask.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    They're equally as important. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    absolutely. the only looks that matter much to me are mine. in a SO it's all about personality. if I am attracted to your personality then I will be attracted to your looks
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    PERSONALITY FOR SURE
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Personality w/out a doubt.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If im not hot for you physically, then youre my friend and probably never more than that. And unless i am incapable of resisting you, you probably wont get anything more than flirtation. Im the pickiest lover ive ever met. If you have a personality on top of that, i consider you the ultimate triple threat.