WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?

Options
I'm curious and want to know what everyone is allergic to, I'm allergic to Strawberries. Even the smell of a strawberry scented air freshener gives me a headache.

Strawberries

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    My ex-wife
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That sounds psychological. Air freshener wouldn't have any actual strawberry in it.

I don't think I'm allergic to anything except pollen in general.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    My ex-wife

oh that not nice, but really funny
  • dynamojones
    Options
    Dust will damn near kill me!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me-nothing!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Big difference between allergies and intolerance, a lot of people who have an intolerance to something, think they have an allergy, and allergy is a life threatening condition.

Sorry...too much seriousness...I am intolerant

:wink:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    That sounds psychological. Air freshener wouldn't have any actual strawberry in it.

True. I'm allergic to peaches/stone fruits and I'm so paranoid about it that peach/mango lotion makes me itchy. It's annoying, and totally mental.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    My ex-wife

oh that not nice, but really funny

Thanks! Just trying to lighten the atmosphere here today.

I get along with my ex just fine. We are cordial, but that's about it. The first 2 years after divorce were hell, though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Penicillin and nickel.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife

LOL...and my ex-husband (the "evil ex")!!

Seriously, I have MANY allergies to foods, medications and scents. I am chemically sensitive (Environmental Illness) so perfume, strong chemicals/household cleaners, air fresheners, gas fumes, etc., set off severe headaches and my asthma. I am allergic to weeds, trees, grasses & ragweed as far as "general" outdoor allergies. Also allergic to some flowers such as mums, daisies, and chrysanthemums. Food-wise, I am allergic to nuts, chemical preservatives & MSG, food colorings, raisins and dried fruit. Those foods also bring on severe headaches, walnuts make my throat itch. As far a meds, too many to list all but Reglan (an anti-emetic) and contrast mediums for X-rays or MRI scans bring on anaphylaxis. Sufa sets off episodic pancreatitis, I took it once and ended up in ICU for a week :cry: .
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    The Cold.... literally, I break out in hives - no joke! And Since I am Canadian... that REALLY sucks :(
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I don't think her reaction to air fresheners is psychological, I do think it probably is from a chemical in them (I also get bad headaches from them, all scents).
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Stress...no seriously. I had to carry around an anaphylactic shock kit because of it.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The list of what I'm NOT allergic to is a much shorter one! :)
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bee stings - I carry an epi-pen with me wherever I go in case I get stung as I got into Annie Three Laptic (spelling phonetically as don't know how to spell the word properly) shock
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Nothing,guess Im lucky.
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Penicillin.
  • haribobythedoor
    haribobythedoor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pollen (suffering with hay fever at the moment) and chamomile.
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Being BROKE!
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    my husband right now :angry: