WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?

Options

Replies

• Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Dairy (not lactose intollerent, allergic to all dairy) including milk chocolate *cry*
    Soy also allergic (especially soy protein isolate) this makes my lips, tongue and throat swell and I break out in hives ...it's lovely
    penicillin
    gluten intollerent (but sometimes I'll suffer through it)

It's difficult for me to get protein in my diet with the Dairy and Soy allergies but there are products out there, I have found a very good vegan protein powder that works really well and tastes acceptable. It's really hard to find a protein or energy bar that is dairy free, soy free and gluten free but Zing makes a couple of them... not very high in protein but it gets the job done.
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    Garlic (and anything that is related to it including onions, scallions and lilies...yes the flowers!)
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Other than fun seasonal allergies- I swear the almond trees out here in Central Valley, CA were trying to kill me- the smell of flowers/perfume trip my allergies. I'm on Zyrtec most of the year.

I'm also highly allergic to insect stings. A hornet actually did try to kill me when I was in high school. Thankfully my mom (also an EMT) was with me. Spending the night in the pediatric ward of Yale-New Haven Hospital was NOT fun. I have to carry an Epi-Pen with me because if I get stung I get the whole anaphylactic shock fun (minus the good times).
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to grass, pollen, silver and cats.
    The grass and pollen are pretty severe allergies, the silver is mostly just that I can't wear it or I will develop a rash, and the cats, I own one - I'm not allergic to their hair like most people but rather their saliva and nails (if they scratch or bite me I will develop a seriously itchy rash).
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I saw this lady on Oprah once who was allergic to her own husband's semen. According to Dr. Oz, it's very possible...
    OMG! Can you imagine this allergy AND an allergy to latex. :sad: :sad:

There is always the option of using lambskin condoms. :)
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've got some normal ones: pollen, dust, cats... and some weird ones... my left ring finger is allergic to any metal that is not sterling silver (but the rest of my fingers are fine); benzyl peroxide; band-aid adhesive; and.... Benadryl.
  • Shirvona
    Shirvona Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a huge list of enviromental allergies but for food I am allergic to Beef, Apples, Cashews, Pecans, Brazil Nuts. When I was a teenager I worked at KFC and actually became allergic to chicken, couldn't eat chicken for a little of a year after quitting. What happens to me is extremely violent vomitting about 10 to 20 min after eating what I am allergic to except for the nuts; those are just a death trap!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dairy (not lactose intollerent, allergic to all dairy) including milk chocolate *cry*
    Soy also allergic (especially soy protein isolate) this makes my lips, tongue and throat swell and I break out in hives ...it's lovely
    penicillin
    gluten intollerent (but sometimes I'll suffer through it)

It's difficult for me to get protein in my diet with the Dairy and Soy allergies but there are products out there, I have found a very good vegan protein powder that works really well and tastes acceptable. It's really hard to find a protein or energy bar that is dairy free, soy free and gluten free but Zing makes a couple of them... not very high in protein but it gets the job done.

I can't have milk proteins (casein) or soy... I can't have legumes (chickpeas, peas, beans, etc.)... I think I can't have cacao either and eggs are debatable. My allergies are getting worse and seem to be getting more as I get older...

I am running out of food to eat and it makes me want to cry cos I love food :(

I am also allergic to latex, penicillin (and all its relatives), and bactrim (and all its relatives)...
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I did an allergy test as a kid. The only thing that came up was dust mites. My allergy to them isn't that severe anyway, I've never had any issues with that.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    summer.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Penicillin
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Nickel
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Children.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Nickel

me too.
  • darkbutterfly32
    Options
    Benadryl
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'm not allergic to anything. I am low level lactose intolerant, and have a skin condition that makes me hyper sensitive to the sun.
  • khloe_rebecca
    khloe_rebecca Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    fabric plasters :L
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    pollen
    nickel
    bullsh!t
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Shrimp...recently developed. I love shrimp :-(
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    I'm allergic to Morphine. Which I only found out after a surgery and I stopped breathing. I was intubated and they had to give me epinephrine. Apparently I almost croaked! Guess I wont try that recreationally! :)