WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?

Options

Replies

• Sulfur-sulfa-sulfate-sulfite any variation of sulfur.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    dust, by the way, yesterday I had to take some medicine for it cause I was all congested and starting to feel the damn allergy... Plus, well not really an allergy, but strong scents suchs detergent/soap, flowers, perfumes, etc, make me sneeze like crazy!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    shrimp :(
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    kiwis sadly. i have to carry an epi pen
  • reallyally1
    Options
    Cats
    Dust
    Mold
    Pollen
    Shellfish - crab, shrimp, lobster, crayfish... even the smell of it cooking makes me sick; my throat itches, I start sneezing, and I usually get a horrible headache because it smells so bad. :/
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All of my allergies are adult onset.
    Lots of fruit :( Strawberries, cherries, plums, nectarines, pears, apples.
    Fresh peas.
    Almonds
    Cats, dogs, guinea pigs (probably more animals that Im not aware of)
    I also have seasonal allergies.

I hate my life lol.
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Animals!
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Shellfish
    Pineapple
    Seasonal allergies

Mild intolerance to latex, can't be on my skin or it itches really badly.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Avocado :cry:
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sorbitol. The artificial sweetener. Kinda scary since it is in sooooo many things, and closes off my throat.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Laytex, grass, cats, dogs certain trees prosac and wisk laundry soap.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Seriously, I have MANY allergies to foods, medications and scents. I am chemically sensitive (Environmental Illness) so perfume, strong chemicals/household cleaners, air fresheners, gas fumes, etc., set off severe headaches and my asthma. I am allergic to weeds, trees, grasses & ragweed as far as "general" outdoor allergies. Also allergic to some flowers such as mums, daisies, and chrysanthemums. Food-wise, I am allergic to nuts, chemical preservatives & MSG, food colorings, raisins and dried fruit. Those foods also bring on severe headaches, walnuts make my throat itch. As far a meds, too many to list all but Reglan (an anti-emetic) and contrast mediums for X-rays or MRI scans bring on anaphylaxis. Sufa sets off episodic pancreatitis, I took it once and ended up in ICU for a week :cry: .
    [/quote]

*above is a quote from another user

You and I may be related. Add in dust, dust mites, dust mite droppings, cat dander, rodent dander, most all the farm animals, insect bites, chlorine, feathers and bird dander, latex and any vaccinations grown in egg base (I ended up with 4hrs of emergency care after I got a flu and a pneumonia vaccine). Went through over 15 years of allergy shots and I still need daily (yes, year round) allergy meds so I can breathe through my nose. I have to carry and take extra benadryl for sudden allergy attacks or when I know I'm going somewhere I will be exposed to allergens. I've had allergies and asthma since I was born. :sad:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    seasonal-scallops and clams:grumble:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Asprin, dust,pollen, **** roaches...
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Onions, garlic, artificial raspberry flavoring, and bell peppers. I'm also lactose intolerant.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Honey tangerines. Random thing to be allergic to since it's not something common where I shop for produce and for the fact regular tangerines I can eat just fine.

I also have a mild allergy to penicillin. Gave me horrific rashes on my arms that took almost two months to get rid of.
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Eucalyptus and Guaifenesin.
    Try finding cough medicine or cough drops with the combination of those two!!!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Certain pollens, raw apples, some nuts (brazil nuts, walnuts, and other ones). except that i can eat almonds, peanuts and cashews.
  • leopard1989
    Options
    Nothing that I know about, luckily
  • PosyPods
    PosyPods Posts: 25
    Options
    Coconut and amoxicillin. I always have a bad reaction to penicillin, but it won't kill me.

I spent five years taking prescription allergy medicines, even though I felt like none of it worked. My doctor thought I was just being a hypochondriac, but eventually I get an allergy test. Turns out I have NO environmental allergies (of the ones they tested for, anyway). I just had a deviated septum, which brought on all of the sinus related problems, and explains why I never had any other allergy like symptoms. Anyway, I feel for people who have real environmental allergies.