WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?

Options

Replies

• microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Food allergies, Known for me is Sunflower seeds

Medicines the list goes on Penicillin, Sulfa, Bioxin oh and the new one is Demeral

Animals: Cats, dogs (mild), guinea pigs, bunnies, horses I am sure there are more I just don't know them LOL

And last but not least I get extremely itchy from the sun. My doctors say it is an allergic reaction I don't know how to explain it but I swell up and itch so bad I could rip my skin off. After I tan for 2 weeks in a tanning bed it goes away. As they said it has something to do with my tan being a barrier. Sunblock does not help but I try to put it on anyway :(

edit: there are other things like dust and somethings I don't have a clue on. I am on an allergy pill everyday because of my allergies but I still deal with it pretty well.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Shellfish
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to something, but I don't know what it is. I've had a couple reactions after using homemade soap, and the second one was much worse than the first. My doctor says if I come in contact with it again, it will be even worse. Typical store bought liquid soap is fine, so its not usually a problem but I avoid the homemade stuff and home and take my own with me on vacations.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Pollen
    Dust
    Mold
    Dogs
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Coconut, some vanilla/cherry "flavors", amoxicillin, and Dodgers' fans.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Crab Grass

Amoxicillin

Graphite Fiber
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Cat dander -- I can be in the vicinity of a cat but cannot touch one without washing my hands and face immediately or my neck will break out in a rash plus my eyes will itch and water.

Lactose (not so much an allergy as a sensitivity). So I drink a lot of almond milk.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    All insect bites and stings

Almost all opiates and narcotics (I can handle Fentanyl)

And it's looking like I've developed a lactose intolerance:(
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    everytime i sneeze at work.. i tell my students i am allergic to children.. takes them a minute to get it.. :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to hot sauce! That's pretty much it!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    oh.. according to my files.. im allergic to percocet and all related drugs. really.. im not.. but they make me sick. and i would rather be in pain than sick. so i have it on my files..
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have sensativity to peppers. ALL kinds. I've given up on eating out or enjoying processed meals. I make everything from scratch at home. Safer.

ALL kinds of peppers. :grumble:

SLB
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Used to be seafood but I still ate it! Just popped a Benadryl and then enjoyed my shrimp! But thankfully it doesn't seem to bother me anymore.
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Food wise: Anything that is citrus (oranges, grapefruit, etc.)
    Animal wise: Cats
    Medicine wise: Penicillin
    Other: I also have seasonal allergies
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Pollen, grass, ragweed, mold and pistachio nuts - sometimes
  • jwusch
    jwusch Posts: 4
    Options
    Hyper-allergic to Aspirin. No epinephrine shot within 10 minutes or so I die. I can hold an aspirin in between my fingers and they swell up. It is really freaky knowing something benign can kill you in 10 minutes in a awful suffocating death.....
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The list of what I'm NOT allergic to is a much shorter one! :)

You and me both!!

Ditto :(
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    Onions

oh ... and most prescription pain killers (hydro- and oxycodone groups) as well as ...

FREAKIN' benedryl (ironic since most people take it for ALLERGIC REACTIONS!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Bees, wasps, ticks, tree pollen, grass pollen, weeds, poison ivy oak and sumac,chlorine, all nsaids, sulfa drugs, a few other antibiotics, bs (yep bullShi*), dust. I'm also allergic to heat. I used to break out in hives if I worked out, took a shower or even got into a hot car. It's called cholinergenic hives and it sucks because you not only itch, you feel like a million needles are sticking you! THANK GOD FOR ZYRTEC, since I now have hotflashes too. I'd be killing people.
    Old books are probably what bothers me the most. Well besides poison ivy if I get into it. I have some scars right now from camping a few weeks ago. :(
  • verdammtwenig
    Options
    Sulfa. My mom always suspected I was allergic to it because she's allergic to it, and my grandmother was allergic to it. So I never took it when I was growing up. A doctor prescribed it to me as an adult, and I didn't really think about it. Got full body hives. That was fun.