WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Not an actual allergy, but I have a low tolerance for crab meat. Not shellfish...just crabs. Which sucks, having grown up near the Chesapeake Bay :sad: Oh, an certain sunblocks make me break out in hives. And since I'm so pale and burn easily, it's either take a chance with hives or get sunburnt. :grumble:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Silver. That stuff can kill me. literally.

aaannnd weirdly not lactose intolerant.. BUT... Milk just does weird stuff to me... does that count?

I'm intolerant to cow's milk but am in no way intolerant to lactose. It's totally possible that the cow's milk is what is irritating your stomach. It could also be casein which is in milk and cheese. I'm off of all milk and cheese right now but next year I am allowed to introduce Goat's milk into my diet.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    A single bite of eggplant gives me huge hives for a week. It is intolerable. I have also gotten hives from bell peppers but it is not as severe as eggplant (e.g. I can eat a crabcake with little flecks of pepper in it if I take a Benadryl with it). I am "sensitive" to melons and walnuts but I go ahead and eat those if I want the dish they're in bad enough. I have nasty seasonal allergies everywhere I live, so I figure I am allergic to several different plants and pollens (Hawaii and Oregon don't have the same flora), but I've never been tested. I once had my lips and tongue swell up at a sushi bar, but it was late at night and the chef who made the sauce had gone home, so I never figured out what did that--I started carrying an epi pen after that to be safe, though.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Not sure it's an allergy but any kind of meat pie makes me want to heave.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The list of what I'm NOT allergic to is a much shorter one! :)

this .....Way to many foods to list, and way to many medications to list. :ohwell:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Silver. That stuff can kill me. literally.

aaannnd weirdly not lactose intolerant.. BUT... Milk just does weird stuff to me... does that count?

I'm intolerant to cow's milk but am in no way intolerant to lactose. It's totally possible that the cow's milk is what is irritating your stomach. It could also be casein which is in milk and cheese. I'm off of all milk and cheese right now but next year I am allowed to introduce Goat's milk into my diet.

holy,...i LOVE Goat cheese/ milk... our milkman brought it for us when i was growing up in India. Im ok with cow's milk cheese..odd
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

even Shepherd's Pie?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

even Shepherd's Pie?
    Especially Shepherd's Pie...urgh
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Cats, camels (don't ask long story) vinigar, and perfume, they all trigger my asthma.
    House dust, asthma again
    Dogs make me break out in hives.
    Pollen, suffering from hayfever atm.
    Bananas, projectile vomiting anyone.
    And wheat makes me bloat up like crazy, but I love bread so put up with it.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options

even Shepherd's Pie?
    Gulp! I love Shepherd's Pie!! :happy:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i actually have no allergies, well except to Yankee hats, excessive B.O., and stupidity
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    that's a vasomotor headache
    That sounds psychological. Air freshener wouldn't have any actual strawberry in it.

I don't think I'm allergic to anything except pollen in general.

I don't think her reaction to air fresheners is psychological, I do think it probably is from a chemical in them (I also get bad headaches from them, all scents).
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Penicillin and doxycycline and amlodopine. Dust pollen cat dog grass dust mites mold toporal. Dog allergies and cat allergies are very hard to deal with. I break out in enormous hives with them, dust I sneeze and wheeze grass really gets me but I take a allergy pill before I go out mowing so I can get it done!!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to a lot of things (not intollerant, actually allergic). Some are more serious than others.

Eggs, wheat, dairy, dust, grass, weeds, and some trees to name a few. I can eat a little of the things I'm allergic to but the more of it I eat, the worse my reaction.
  • leshana1
    leshana1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Mildly allergic to cucumbers but I still sometimes eat them and fight through the sickness after. >.< They just taste so good
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Penicillin & codeine. Ive got some pollen issues too it seems.
  • tifferz91
    tifferz91 Posts: 2
    Options
  • 1fitchick00
    1fitchick00 Posts: 155
    Options
    i actually have no allergies, well except to Yankee hats, excessive B.O., and stupidity

I second all of these allergies as well as smokers, and negative people!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I also don't get sick.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Just B.S. :wink: