Large Framed Women

Options
I am posting this for all large framed women. I keep seeing topics for women who are 5'5" and want to weight 135. I have to try really hard not to post something snarky and ugly.

I am 5'5.5". My SW was 276, my CW is 271, my GW is 175. I do NOT fit in that teeny tiny little box of 125-140.

I am broad shouldered, broad hipped, and just generally a big woman. I have an hourglass figure, it just happens to be a large hourglass. I have a defined waist, it just isn't as small as I want it to be. I carry my weight all over my whole body.

I am eating what seems like a very high amount of calories, but I don't want to lose too fast. I will not be released for exercising until next week. I messed my back up and my chiropractor has me limited to normal daily activities, no exercising. I do not weigh weekly because for me that defeats my purpose. Honestly my CW is probably lower than I said, but I haven't weighed yet, so I don't know.

I enjoy food. I LOVE food. I am a food addict. I don't do fad diets, juicing, magic pills, or anything like that. I am trying to control portions, decrease the amount of junk food I eat and increase fruits and veggies. I still have a treat every day. I have to or I binge. Last week, I decided I was just going to eat what I wanted, cookies, candy, all of it. I was SO sick the next day it was just ridiculous. It is amazing what just a few weeks of better eating does to you. I am going to attempt to start a group for large framed women. It is not limited by height. But if you think 175 is unreasonable for a 5'5" woman, don't bother trying to join. I don't need any Debbie Downers.

Blessed Be.

Replies

• Agarcia8587
    Agarcia8587 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also lrg frame 5'5 cw230 gw 190 as of now I haven't been out of 200 since 10 th grade im24. I really think Ill look n feel good at that weight ill still curvy.iv started mfp 20 days haven't. Lost any.
    Here my lil story...I started another app similar to this 3-28-12. Based on height weight ext. calories 1563 lost 4lbs 6 day. Then saw mfp it gave me 1200 cal thought was too low so I adjusted it to 1365 I didnr lose anything actually, gained what I lost. So I started reading bout starvationmode and bmr and I think that's my problem eating too lil. Calories so I adjusted mfp to wat I started wit on the other app 1563 its been 6 days now so I hope I see chge n a couple wks. Starting to think I should just quit if I'm not losing anythingbut ill wait n see and I do walk 3x a wk.bout 20 min n do exercise video 2x a wk..
  • moonchyld62
    moonchyld62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, You are exactly me about 20 years ago. I am the same, but 5' 6.5" and a wee bit heavier at the final straw-breaking-camel's-back point, otherwise known as I-can't-stand-the-pain-anymore phase of approximately 325 lbs! I am also size 9-10 ring when at my best, can't-find-a-large-enough-wristband when it's watch-buying time. Can't wait to see 190-200 lbs. as a final goal because I still look damn sexy at that weight and feel just fine there too---but haven't seen that weight in about 15 or so years. Heck with the son(s) enjoying the roller coaster adrenaline-rush! I want it for myself; to fit in the ride and not have to step out, humiliated as I did at Universal Studios, with the THANK GOD excuse of my son needing to use the restroom and not the snide little ride operator ranting that IF I could only press the bar down one more click all would be okay... Only he didn't know that I was wedged in so tight that the bar didnt matter. I felt as though I was about to pass out from not being able to breath at that point! I was tired of going to restaurants with boothes, afraid I would be seated in one and couldn't fit and have to move again. I often felt the twiggy style waitresses did it on purpose to humiliate me... That or the majority were having a "duh" moment and couldn't estimate my belly-girth to their table-chair width ratio... I needed to make sure there were tables and that I specified that before ever entering. Airline seating was always so fun. No one wants to sit next to a fatty. Such blatant discrimination against fatties. We are looked down upon, loathed and hated. And no one bothered to ask us how we felt as we scrunched our arms/legs together to be sure to allow others their space and forget about even bothering to use the bathroom as fitting in was difficult enough then closing and opening the door? OMG and can a person even wipe their own behind when fat and in what felt like a 2 ft. x 2 ft. bathroom.. I couldn't fit then when not at my highest weight. Then I had an ex that would comment, "You eat so much chocolate, they could split your veins open and Hershey syrup would run out!" AND I didn't eat only when upset, I ate to celebrate when I was happy, when I was mad, when I was so-so, you name it. Food addiction is real. I am still fighting it. I pray for you and I pray for me too. From 325, I have come down to 262 roughly.. And roughly meaning last night for some unknown reason I fell into my old pattern of eating because I already over-ate mode. Self-loathing is worse than when others loathe.... We should love ourselves more than loathe ourselves. So today is new and I am back on track. One day wasted and today is fresh and full of promise! I wish you much luck and success as I do for myself. Keep on keepin'-on!
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. You've got a couple inches on me - I'm 5' 3.5. But I have always been "healthy." Even in middle and high school I had a very womanly shape. My goal is actually to get back to my high school weight of 180-185 lbs. But really I'm more concerned with clothing size. A size 14 is ideal for me. Maybe once I get there I'll try to go lower, but right now that's what I'm shooting for.

I think you've definitely got the right idea about how to approach this weight loss journey. The little changes along the way add up big in the long run. I've learned that I don't have much success when I completely cut out entire food groups. Moderation is the key. And the simple fact that I am much more aware of what I'm actually eating, even it it's not the healthy stuff - has made such a mental impact. When I look over the last year and compare where I was to where I am know, it's even hard for me to believe. But I've proven to myself that it is possible.

Good luck to you!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well then ladies, I will create us a group for large framed women!!!
  • Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    May I add all the ladies here? I am 5'2 and my SW was 265 CW is 255 and GW is 200. I carry weight everywhere and people assume I wight less--not that that weight guess is GOOD--but yes when I come out with 265 people go "D: NO WAY"

The only time I was ever at my intended medical weight (128 lbs - 143 lbs) was when I was under 13. 14 is when the pounds began melting on and 18 they came much faster. So I've been heavy set a looong time now. My dad's side of the family is the same way.

My wrist measurement is 7 inches so I guess that also confirms my large frame size.
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm 5'0" my sw last week was 173 lbs, my current is 170. I've looked at xrays of myself before. I'm wide. My ribs, my hips my shoulders, all wide. I don't have all this fat hanging on a tiny frame. Looking back on family photos of my great grandmother when she was around my age, it looks like I inherited the "short stout, tough looking, italian" gene
    Either way, I set my goal weight at like 140, I'm not concerned with the weight as much as I am with following this well until August.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have a large body frame. People usually think I weight 15-20 pounds less than I do. A lot of it has to do with muscle mass but I really do have "big bones." My wrist size is larger than a lot of men's and considered "large body frame."

I have very broad shoulders and the biggest part of me is my rib cage. It is HUGE!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have an extremely large frame, and my goal weight is really high. I find that every person has a different body type, so I don't worry about what the "healthy" ranges are.

I have a high waist, a long torso, shorter legs, but I am really tall, which is strange. I have broad shoulders, a huge rib cage, extremely long arms (really, I am a baton twirler and I need to custom order batons for men to get them long enough), I have a huge hands (which is good for the guitar playing), long feet...

In other words - I am not your normal demure woman. and I realize I never will be.

So do what seems right for you. You will know when you get there.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My fiance always says "There is no such thing as a fat skeleton".. jerk.
    I'm 5'8.5. Starting weight was 286, current weight 269. Goal weight 170. WHEN i get there, I'll reevaluate. I've been told thats still high, but I love curves, and honestly, any less and I think I may be skin and bones.

I'm one of the lucky Hour glass figures, and love it, just want to trim it down to a smaller hour-glass. I gain weight proportionatly, so I'm hoping I lose it proportionally.
  • jamierizzo
    jamierizzo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to join that group. I am 5'5" and am currently 190 lbs, (down from 208) I did have a goal weight of 135 when I first joined mfp but since reading so much on here I have decided that maybe 160 or so is a better goal. I want to look healthy not unhealthy and I think being 135 would make me look like that. That's what I weighed in high school but after 3 kids my body is not the same :laugh: but I am improving a little bit everyday :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you want to be part of my large frame group and did not get an invite, just holler on here and I will invite you.
  • curveygirl44
    curveygirl44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone -- 5'8" here at 265 to start. Large boned, sturdy hips, broad shoulders and solid strong. Can't change any of the skeleton but I can change what is on those bones. My goal weight is 180 which I haven't seen since my daughter was born. Ok, she is graduating from high school in 6 weeks so you know . . . . this is been a long time coming.. . . but it is time to have time for me. Gearing up now with excercise and other things to keep me ready for when she leaves for college. Glad to find the group and have a Super Sunday!
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    Can I get an invite? =)
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!

I am 5.5...maybe 5.5 and a half. I weigh 259 and I look super hot at 180. I know this because I was there about 4 years ago when I lost 100lbs. Unfortantly, I didnt stick with it and gained it all back. I have broad shoulders, big bones, and a big BUTT!!!! I could be a football player...LOL. I take after my dads frame...UGH!!! Thats okay cuz nobody will mess with me..right? LOL!!! Anyways hears to liven large!!!!
  • Sweet_Pea_82
    Sweet_Pea_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group for large women. I am 5' 4 1/2" and my SW is 254, I don't know what my CW is because I have just started and I'm waiting at least a week before I weigh myself. My GW is 180 or so. I have been big ever since I was 13/14 years old. I grew boobs and they kept growing and growing and growing. My last size was a 42 KK and the doctors told me I just needed to excersise and diet and lose my weight. I told them they should try running and jumping with 50 lbs on their chest. In 2010 I had a breast reduction from 42 KK to a 38 DD. This was after a bout of thyroid cancer. I really thought I would be able to excercise more, but after the thyroid cancer I was diagnosed with a very rare tumor and the weight I had lost after my reduction came back and now I am where I am. The tumor was removed in Nov 2011 and I am tired of being sick. I want to be healthy! I know that I will never be a size 2 or 4 or even a 6, but I am okay with that and I think it is ridiculous to expect me to get to 111-150 pounds. If I can get to 180-190 I will be happy and that should be all that matters. I would love to have any new friends as I am new to MFP and I would love to get to know all of you and share stories and provide motivation!
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hollaring!
    I actually had a nurse say after weighing me 'woah. you don't look that heavy. although i guess you have a large frame so you'll never be skinny will you?'

*****y as that was, it proves that i'll never be tiny no matter how much i try!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    5"5"...currently 245-joined mid March and have lost 15....wanting to get to 150-just celebrated my 53rd birthday and want to be healthy! Gimme a holler-I'm in!
  • bsprowl
    bsprowl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i would like to be in this group. i am currently at 260 and would like to get to 180. i love to eat, think about it way 2 much which is probably why i struggle to lose but I would like some support in this journey!! and i will admit, i suck or im not that consistent with logging.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my starting weight was 196 I am currently 182 and my goal is 170 that puts me in a size 10 comfortably I will be ecstatic if or should I say when i make it :bigsmile:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    If you want to be part of my large frame group and did not get an invite, just holler on here and I will invite you.

Invite me please