Large Framed Women

Options

Replies

• Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Another large framer checking in.. Im 5'5 CW 195 GW 175-180. I don't want to be much less than that. At 195 I wear a size 12. 3 years ago I dropped down to 175 and a size 10. That was perfect to me with the wide structure that I have.

I'd like to join the group as well.
  • Alice_in_Wndrlnd
    Alice_in_Wndrlnd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I am 5"6 and my goal weight it 180lbs.

I will join your group :)
  • TabethaH5
    TabethaH5 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi I would like to join. I am 5'4 SW 276 CW 264 I am large frame. I think I would look great at the 165-155 frame. I dont want to go by weight I want to go by clothing size> I want to be a M in shirts and 8 in pants. MFP has my ideal weight as 117. Gulp I was that in 7th grade. and Kids still called me earthquake.
  • jnewsome62
    jnewsome62 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I so agree with all these posts. The only time I can remember being in that "ideal weight" was my senior year of high school (over 30 years ago). And everybody was always telling me to eat because I looked like I was starving myself. I think the weight goal is great, but I think I worry more about how I feel. Thank you for the post- it is always encouraging to know I am not the only one that feels this way.
  • jensenkm2
    jensenkm2 Posts: 55
    Options
    I would like an invite please.

I am 5'3" with a starting weight of 308. I am currently 262 and heading for 200 (I hope). I would like to be a size 14 in the long run. I havent been that small since 8th or 9th grade probably. I will never be the "healthy" 135 that the BMI measurement wants for me but I am totally okay with that.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I also have a "large" frame. Every woman in my family is built like me. Not a petite one in the bunch in the last 80 years at the very least. I'm not so much concerned with hitting THAT number (whatever it may be) as I am with always striving for a goal. I may not ever hit 140 pounds. I may look great at 160 and stop there. But I want to never stop trying. If I always have a goal, I'll never have a reason to stop eating healthy and exercising. If I do get there, oh boy, will it be interesting. I don't remember being less than 220 pounds. And that was 13 years ago. Its always been about how I will feel at a lower weight, being more confident in my own skin, than any particular number.
  • Alford96
    Alford96 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'd like an invite please!! 5 ft 4.5 in. Starting weight was 235, current weight is 224, and goal is 180-190. I've always had an hour glass figure, started growing the boobs in 4th grade, up to a size G and a size 14 by the time I graduated high school. I like my figure, i just have excess belly and thighs but I really gain all over and I think I looked really great at the 185 range, which I haven't seen in 17 years. MFP has been really great for me, I can't believe how many calories are in some of the things that I used to eat. It's been hard because I love to eat but I have noticed that if I splurge on fast food or something after eating really healthy for a week, I feel so yucky! Plus, being able to "buy back calories" by exercising has been so motivating!
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would also love an invite :) I am 5' 9 with a SW of 283 and a CW of 255. My GW is 195. I was 175 about 10 yrs ago in my early 20's and wouldnt want to be much smaller than that. I see that I should weight anywhere from 129-170lbs Where do they come up with these figures?? lol
  • mosaicgrrrl818
    Options
    I'd love to join the group! Can I get an invitation?
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of the group for large framed women. I am 5' 4" and currently at about 160lbs. I thought I looked healthiest at about 145. My gw has been to get to 135 but I think after reading these posts Im just going to go until I think I look healthy no matter what the scale says. Can I get an invite to the group?
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group! If I can make it to 170, I'd be static!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am large-framed as well. "Big-boned" is what they always told me as a kid, when I was skinny, but still "big." I am keeping my goal weight at 140, but I will be doing a happy dance when I hit 170. I did weigh 135 back in high school when I was active in sports, running, lifting weights, etc. But I figure by the time I hit 170, I will have my endurance back and can use excercise to tone myself up. Once I'm there, the mirror will be my guide, not the scale.

Also, I am NOT an hourglass shape! (Lucky you! :flowerforyou: ) I am spoon/pear shaped, so my hips and upper thighs are a problem. I think your body shape is just as significant as your bone structure when it comes to how you look and feel at any given scale weight. The charts are all geared toward what is "average," and not for those of us who are outside of average.

Thanks for the post! :happy:
  • clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Can I please get an invite? 5'8 sw 402, cw 341, gw 195
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Invite please! I am 5'1 and at my skinnyfattest was still 122lbs. I always weigh more than people think. I have a wide ribcage, bigger wrists, and some hiiiips. My body also likes to slap on some good muscle.

My goal right now is a muscled(I lift regularly) 136lbs. Currently 146lbs.
  • nikig29
    nikig29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please send me an invite :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Add me too! My goal is 150 but it's just a shot in the dark because they make you choose a number. I know it will be somewhere around there and I will know it when I get there :)
  • kaali85
    kaali85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey, can I get an invite too....5'9", sw 232' cw 197, wanna lose about another 25 lbs, tho not sure if it will be possible yet.
  • yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can I get an invite as well? SW 344 CW 330 GW 200 and I'm 6' tall. So that means I have 130 to go. A year and a half ago I was only 70 lbs away from goal. Met my soon-to-be husband in 4 days, and I gained it all back. After the wedding my goal is to drop that 130 lbs in 2 years so we can start trying to have a family at a healthy weight for me.
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to be added to the group! My SW was 266 and my CW is 180. My GW is 150 but I have been stuck in the 180's for a few months now but am content with myself :) Been large framed all my life!
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'd love to join. I was just telling my sis that my goal weight is 20+ lb heavier than any chart would tell me. I lost a significant amount of weight a few years ago (gained it back due to medical issues), and one of the mistakes I made was really trying to get down to that "chart weight" or where my BMI would be in the normal range. For me, that was just not good for real life. I tried and got frustrated, and then gave up. In retrospect, I should have just gone into maintenance mode when I felt my best, rather than trying to fit in a box.

I'm somewhere btwn 5'8" and 5'9" and my idea weight is probably 185. I got as low as 178, but it was so much work that it took over my life.

~Leslie

P.S. I'd love to add friends who are getting healthy with real food! I'd love to share food diaries for inspiration and motivation.