Replies

• moonchyld62
    moonchyld62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Needin' an invite!
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I also have a large frame. I'm 6' tall, and I'd be happy just getting back to 250 pounds right now. Last time I was 250 pounds, I was wearing size 16/18 jeans, and size 14 tops (and looking good in them)... the same sizes that people UNDER 200 pounds seem to typically wear. (Of course I have lots of work to do just to get back to 250...) I just carry all my weight in my boobs, hips and thighs. I don't even know what size I actually am right now, since most of my clothes are old and stretched out.

But would love for any/all of you to add me!
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    And I'd also like an invite please :-D.
  • kramsgirl
    kramsgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the group! I'm 5' 8.5", SW 282, CW 234. My first goal is 210 and then I hope to get down to 170 - 180. I have a large frame (according to the wrist test) and when I was at 170 I thought I looked really good. I really have no desire to go any lower.
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    I'm 5'7", SW 222, CW 203 (as of today!). I don't wear wristwatches because they were always too tight, pinching my skin. I remember, even before I gained a lot of weight, trying on ankle bracelets and wondering why the heck they didn't fit like on other girls. I ended up buying a necklace and winding it around twice! I have never been "little". All those tiny girls everyone talks about...that will never be me. I think I look pretty good at 175. But, I have set a goal for 160 because that is where "they" say I will be healthy and no longer overweight...we'll see. I was in a size 18, no sure where I am now. My pants are starting to hang on me but I am not ready to try on cloths and really, who has the money to buy clothes every time they go down a size...not me! I am very happy to have found a bunch of big beautiful women I feel more comfortable with. Please add me if you like and please send me an invite.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I will be adding all those who asked. I am having some technical difficulties at the moment. If you have been added can you attempt to post a topic TO the group? It won't let me.
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and come from a long line of "hearty stock" women. I have a large frame, and when I see charts that say I should way between 150-173, I want to gag. If I weighed 150, I would be anorexic looking! I set my goal weight to 198. (I just want to be below 200 some day). Once I get there, then I'll decide if I want to go lower. I have a looooong way to go before I get there, so I just take it one day at a time.

Would like an invite to the group!
  • jennybaby89
    jennybaby89 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I saw the closed post first and posted there, sorry!

I would love to join in. I am a big girl. I have been big my entire life. I am short, 5'3", but I swear I have big bones! Can't even get my fingers around my wrist and there's NO fat there. When the nurse went to weigh me at my physical last week, she was looking for the 180s. I had to tell her "Nope, I'm over 200." She was shocked when I came in at 225. I've always been told I "carry my weight well." It still sucks! At my biggest I was 250. At my thinnest I was 183, and some people felt it was an ideal size for me. My goal is 145, but I am not sure if I can reach it. To embrace my larger frame... I've started lifting weights. I am never going to be petite and I think I'm okay with that. I still want to get healthy!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8, currently 231lbs, and my UGW is a tentative 165, but I'm not sure as I have never weighed that little as an adult. My wrist circumference is 6.5 inches, I have size 11 feet, and I have yet to meet a woman with larger hands/finger span than I have, so I'm pretty confident that I am working with a large frame lol.

My goal more about becoming strong, athletic and have a healthy body composition, than it is about getting thin.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hey, I would love to join this group! I am a large framed woman and I always have been. Used to really bother me but now I see the beauty in it. I am 6 ft. tall so people usually think im not at heavy as I am but I am so ready for this excess weight to come off! My starting weight was 285 and now I am at 275. I had gotten down to 265 but got lazy and stopped working out/tracking my food. But I am back to tracking food and exercising again. My goal weight is around 160-180, haven't really decided where I will stop, so I guess I will re-evaluate my goal when i get down to a lower weight.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yay! I almost never see women on here with my build and goal. I'm 5'8" and goal is 180. Invite me to the group please! I'd love to be able to hear from women with similar weight goals as me. I've gotten along well without them, so far, but it'd be nice to read posts from people I can relate to. :-)
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    ....oh, one other thing....i've been on the dl on MFP since starting in March. Haven't felt comfortable to try and friend anyone...also hadn't found anyone that wasn't 22 and trying to be 120lbs....not quite my "match" if you know what I mean. Would love to be able to make this journey with others that I can really relate to. If you haven't got too many, and could always use one more "friend" to help motivate and support you, please feel free to friend me. Geez...hope that didn't sound to mushy and desperate...haha.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm large frame, hourglass, full figure. Never been huge, at 225 I was still a size 18. I carry my weight well, no one ever believes how much I weigh, they say I'm a liar when they find out I weigh over 200 pounds. I also have never been below a size 10, I was a size 10 in 8th grade, I thought I was fat then, boy was I wrong! lol So I am in the same boat as you, just trying to eat healthy and exercise, even if it's just walking. My goal is just to be at a healthy BMI, which is 145 lbs. So I have my GW set as 140. I'm happy to say I am 200.0 lbs as of today and can fit in a size 14 jeans.
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I as well am "big boned", as people will call it. Very broad shoulders. However, my weight has always fluctuated between 135-140 in the past. In 2006, in the military, I toned up, but still kept my 140lbs and it looked normal. What normal may be to some people. I liked it. My current weight now is 179. I'd like to be back to 140, but have quite a ways to go. Add me please! :D There is hope!
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    Iwould like to join..I'm almost 5'7 and I weigh 296 It's bugging me that i might not be able to get rid of it all.....so im here and i'm trying
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I am 5'5", and at my smallest, never got below 190. My pants size goes down, my shirt size hasnt changed since i was 16. I only carry my weight across my mid section. From my father's side, I have broad shoulders, and am built like a box in general. I inherited a wide rib cage from my mother's side. SW was 260. CW is 245. GW is 190-200. I even had a personal fitness trainer that for me to drop below 185-190, i would have to starve myself. I have no fat on my arms, or legs, and at 16 could leg press 400lbs, to the embarassment of 4 men in the gym. In order to maintain 190 i was running 3 days/week, lifting 3 days/week, and working a very physically demanding job. 200 is the lowest i seem to get otherwise.
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome group! I am 5'8" CW 221...before I began mFP, my highest weight was 252. I would love to be 170-180 again, but with a toned body.I will never weigh 140 as suggested! I am an opera singer who needs her body to belt out my songs!
    I carry my weight mostly in my upper body!
    Cheers to Big Beautiful Babes!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    LOL..I'm large framed for sure

I'm 5'11, wear a size 13 shoe, and even at my skinniest, which was around a size 8, nothing fit me. I have these big man shoulders...and wide wrists and long legs... /sigh

I am like a man with boobs :P
  • lilliamora
    lilliamora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group.
    I am 5'6" and 253 lbs. Size 10 shoe,large hands,large wrists, and hourglass shape.
  • awilliams559
    Options
    I would like to join I am 5'8 I carry my weight evenly I might be big but still got a hourglass shape hopefully soon it's a smaller hour glass.