Refrigerator Oatmeal/Overnight Oatmeal. I finally tried it.

Options

Replies

• imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Why only 1/2 serving of oatmeal? Is it because of the high calories in the yogurt?
  • nmjellison
    nmjellison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Okay .. I am definitely going to try this. I have been adding an egg to my oatmeal when cooking it for the added protein, but I do not always have time at home before I leave. This seems really easy. Thanks for posting!
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    Yes, eat it cold. I'm not sure what heating it would do to the yogurt, but it doesn't sound good.

I like mine with greek yogurt and either peanut butter or pumpkin, no milk. It's nice and thick and filling.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I make this a lot. I use 1/3 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tbsp of PB2, and sometimes I add chia seeds and maybe a touch of coconut to it. I love it. It tastes like you are eating dessert for breakfast.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Silly question ... If I don't like yogurt, will I like this? I have tried to eat yogurt, but I just can't. Does the oatmeal and other ingredients mask the yogurt? In other words, if someone gave this to me to try and didn't tell me what I was eating, can you tell it has yogurt in it? Can I replace the yogurt with something else?
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OP: are the chia seeds a Tablespoon or a teaspoon?
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bump! Breakfast for tomorrow!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Its also yummy with some powdered peanut butter, cocoa powder and half a banana!

whaat is powered peanut butter?

I have some but haven't tried it yet. I found it at my local health food store
    http://bellplantation.com/
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Silly question ... If I don't like yogurt, will I like this? I have tried to eat yogurt, but I just can't. Does the oatmeal and other ingredients mask the yogurt? In other words, if someone gave this to me to try and didn't tell me what I was eating, can you tell it has yogurt in it? Can I replace the yogurt with something else?

You might be okay. You don't have to add yogurt if you don't want it in there. I always use a vanilla kind because I'm not a big fan of yogurt with chunks in it.
  • mcmdazy
    mcmdazy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal but used to it being hot. How does the very cold oatmeal compare????
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mcmdazy
    mcmdazy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A newbie to this.....what is "bump"
  • carefulkate
    carefulkate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Was just about to ask whAt bump was too
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Posting "bump" is just a way to subscribe to the thread so it's in your history later on and you can come back to it.

Plus, newer posts keeps it at the top of the list in the forum. ;)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    HMM, thanks for posting- may have to try that!
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm used to warm instant (sugar filled) oatmeal. Just bought some old fashion oats last night and wondered how I was going to make them at work for breakfast.
    I am going to have to try this.... not sure about eating it cold.... but I'll give it a shot. :tongue:
    Thanks!