HELP!!!How many cups of water are in this bottle?

Options

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I think this is a Kobayashi Maru exercise and there is no correct answer.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I think this is a Kobayashi Maru exercise and there is no correct answer.
    (high five)
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Bottle measures approximately 3 1/2" x 9 1/2".
    Is it really 9 1/2 " tall? Really? Is it taller than a piece of regular copy paper? Really?

Good call. Maybe OP could tell us where they got this giant water bottle so we could just look it up the Google machine.
    Most copy paper is 11 inches tall. a 9" or so insulated mug is hardly rare.

v=Pi x r^2 x h

D=3.5" so R=1.75" h=9.5", so vol in cubic inches is 3.14 x 1.75 x 1.75 x 9.5 = 91 cubic inches.
    1 cup = 14.47 cubic inches, so 91/14.47 = 6.3 cups.

That's probably accurate enough for the purposes of counting water.
  • mjoekidd
    mjoekidd Posts: 45
    Options
    ~6.33 cups of water

Joe
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    well, if it has a barcode, you could type the UPC into google and let that tell you. Beyond that, everything is conjecture untill you find the manufacture's claimed volume, or you fill it and measure it for yourself. Really, we don't know the thickness of the walls of the bottle, the slope, the parttern on the bottom, if the bottle is square or round, if the sidewalls are smoth or groved, the slop at the top to the drinking part, if any, and so on.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    My best estimate would be
    3 1/2x 91/2 =33.25 Cubic Inches = 18.42 Fluid Ounces

but if it is not square then it is prob more like 7 ounces

Is it flat? You're off by a factor of about 15... I get:

3.5" diameter is 1.75" radius. Area of circle is 3.14 * 1.75^2 = 9.62 in ^2 9.62 * 9.5 = 91.39 in^3 91.39 in^3 = 50.64 ounces, or 6.3 cups.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Is it really 9 1/2 " tall? Really? Is it taller than a piece of regular copy paper? Really?
    Good call. Maybe OP could tell us where they got this giant water bottle so we could just look it up the Google machine.
    Most copy paper is 11 inches tall. a 9" or so insulated mug is hardly rare.
    True -- I had in mind measuring against the short side of the paper.

It's not an insulated mug, though. It's a "really cute water bottle".
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

copy paper is 11
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    How long does it take to go 60 miles in a car that is driving at 60 miles per hour?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How long does it take to go 60 miles in a car that is driving at 60 miles per hour?

13 minutes.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It depends how fast the tires are spinning...
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

copy paper is 11
    Yeah, I addressed that. Thanks.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options

13 minutes.

With or without your husband videoing you to show the world via YouTube?
  • strolltroll
    strolltroll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    formula for volume of a cylinder

V=pi(r2)h

r...1.75 inches = 4.445 cm
    h...9.5 inches = 24.13 cm

V= 3.14(19.76)24.13
    V= 3.14 * 476.81
    V=1497.18

1497.18 Cubic Centimeters = 50.63 US Fluid Ounces

50.63 ozs or 6.33 cups
  • rjt1000
    Options

2 hours if you have 2 kids under the age of 10. That's figuring on 3 pee stops and 1 additional stop to separate them and put ice on the bruise for which ever lost the fight before you got to the side of the road.....
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another thread also, but DAMN!!!! To all those making fun of her.... She had a moment. She asked a stupid question. And I am sure she felt stupid enough once the first answer rolled in, without this thread completely directed at making fun of her. I bet NONE of you have ever asked a stupid question. Why are so many people so hateful on this site? I don't get it... I thought this forum was for support? Not to make someone feel so bad about themselves that they don't want to come back. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I posted this on another thread also, but DAMN!!!! To all those making fun of her.... She had a moment. She asked a stupid question. And I am sure she felt stupid enough once the first answer rolled in, without this thread completely directed at making fun of her. I bet NONE of you have ever asked a stupid question. Why are so many people so hateful on this site? I don't get it... I thought this forum was for support? Not to make someone feel so bad about themselves that they don't want to come back. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

actually, several people gave her straight forward answers. Hateful? Oh be real. No more hateful than my wife saying "DUUHHHH!" when I say something marginally not brilliant. Yeah, I'm ashamed of myself......Oh wait, no, that was just gas, not shame.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Sorry, Mom. Tell you what. I'll do the dishes tonight.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

actually, several people gave her straight forward answers. Hateful? Oh be real. No more hateful than my wife saying "DUUHHHH!" when I say something marginally not brilliant. Yeah, I'm ashamed of myself......Oh wait, no, that was just gas, not shame.

I am being real. Your WIFE - who knows you - poking fun at you saying DUH is one thing. People taking up four pages to make fun of a stranger is completely different. If my BF called me fat, I'd flip him off, and move on. If 50 people were standing in a circle, pointing and laughing at me, it would be a different story. THATS what you guys are doing. And your jokes aren't even funny! You're just being an *kitten*.