HELP!!!How many cups of water are in this bottle?

Options
12346»

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another thread also, but DAMN!!!! To all those making fun of her.... She had a moment. She asked a stupid question. And I am sure she felt stupid enough once the first answer rolled in, without this thread completely directed at making fun of her. I bet NONE of you have ever asked a stupid question. Why are so many people so hateful on this site? I don't get it... I thought this forum was for support? Not to make someone feel so bad about themselves that they don't want to come back. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

actually, several people gave her straight forward answers. Hateful? Oh be real. No more hateful than my wife saying "DUUHHHH!" when I say something marginally not brilliant. Yeah, I'm ashamed of myself......Oh wait, no, that was just gas, not shame.

I am being real. Your WIFE - who knows you - poking fun at you saying DUH is one thing. People taking up four pages to make fun of a stranger is completely different. If my BF called me fat, I'd flip him off, and move on. If 50 people were standing in a circle, pointing and laughing at me, it would be a different story. THATS what you guys are doing. And your jokes aren't even funny! You're just being an *kitten*.

actually, several of the jokes in the thread have been funny. Maybe you need to lighten up? And try reading some threads where people have TRIED to be insulting. If you read those, you'll see that the posts in this thread were far from insulting. Nobody said "boy that's a stupid question..." or worse. People here are poking fun in same manner as saying "Duh" , just using funnier words. You're too sensitive, especially since the OP isn't crying about the replies. Sorry that everybody's posts to another person have upset you personally for some reason.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another thread also, but DAMN!!!! To all those making fun of her.... She had a moment. She asked a stupid question. And I am sure she felt stupid enough once the first answer rolled in, without this thread completely directed at making fun of her. I bet NONE of you have ever asked a stupid question. Why are so many people so hateful on this site? I don't get it... I thought this forum was for support? Not to make someone feel so bad about themselves that they don't want to come back. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

actually, several people gave her straight forward answers. Hateful? Oh be real. No more hateful than my wife saying "DUUHHHH!" when I say something marginally not brilliant. Yeah, I'm ashamed of myself......Oh wait, no, that was just gas, not shame.

I am being real. Your WIFE - who knows you - poking fun at you saying DUH is one thing. People taking up four pages to make fun of a stranger is completely different. If my BF called me fat, I'd flip him off, and move on. If 50 people were standing in a circle, pointing and laughing at me, it would be a different story. THATS what you guys are doing. And your jokes aren't even funny! You're just being an *kitten*.

I think you will find we are all laughing at the answers not the question. The question was valid and was answered seriously by several posters. The humour was from the other posters trying to outdo each other in the silliest answer category.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Here... have a cookie.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkrF_0HV3xTMb2EonPwSM94RzndUcFr01gn7HzrZhnIXC3K_Zm
  • mwoods4146
    mwoods4146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No , no reason to cry, I got the answer I was looking for. It came to be 6.5 cups as some previously nice people posted. The fact is I had a question I wanted answered NOW and since I did not have a measuring cup at hand, nor any other way of measuring it, there was no barcode and it did not state the ounces on the bottom, and after searching it on the internet I could not find the answer (only the measurments of the bottle), and I did not want to wait until later this afternoon when I got home (I'm guess I'm just impatient), I thought why not ask a website where there are hundreds of other people that might know the answer. But instead I realized that these forums are also full of people being *kitten* and well that is just something you have to accept don't you, they are everywhere. But you know what.... I got the answer I was looking for in the end. :) Thanks!
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My best estimate would be
    3 1/2x 91/2 =33.25 Cubic Inches = 18.42 Fluid Ounces

but if it is not square then it is prob more like 7 ounces

I got this same answer as well ; )
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Sorry, I guess I take things WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to light hearted than that. If I had posted the question, I would not have been offended by the responses. I guess I don't look for ways to be offended so, I don't get offended very easily. I thought it was a great diversion from Monday crap. I could just have easily been the person to write that. Oh well. Lesson learned. back to the hum drums of Monday!
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    WOW...I didn't think anyone was being HATEFUL or an *kitten*!!!! Am I really that naive? You can't have fun. The one thing I've learned in life is that you have to be able to laugh at yourself a bit to survive....if you can make someone else laugh, even better. Now...had someone called her an idiot, stupid, or any other string of personal attacks, it might be different. Seems like some people are wound pretty tight around here.

There's this little thing in life...called humor.....maybe if you are that offended by this thread, you should go buy some!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I think we are confusing being a smart *kitten* with being an *kitten*.
    Granted, some of us are both, but to be fair, I expect a full ration of **** when I ask a question I could answer on my own.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    WOW...I didn't think anyone was being HATEFUL or an *kitten*!!!!
    Nor did the OP, thank heaven.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580668-help-how-many-cups-of-water-are-in-this-bottle?page=5#posts-8267091
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    step on the scale.
    Drink the full bottle of water
    step back on the scale.
    Take the weight difference.

then using your current altitude, the outside air pressure, and the density of the last crap that you took you can calculate the exact volume of water that you consumed.

If you haven't been tracking your crap density then I just can't help you if you won't help yourself.

*snickers*
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My best estimate would be
    3 1/2x 91/2 =33.25 Cubic Inches = 18.42 Fluid Ounces

but if it is not square then it is prob more like 7 ounces

I got this same answer as well ; )
    Seven ounces? A nine-and-a-half inch tall bottle holds 1/3 of what a regular bottle of Dasani would hold? Are you picturing the bottle we're talking about? Your answer is not realistic.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Really over thinking the water consumption a bit, just drink and enjoy.....and Wow up to 5 pages on this subject :drinker:
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    This problem remind me of the film Die hard with Brus Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Irons when SIMON SAYS: "Using only a 5 gallon jug and a 3 gallon jug, pour exactly 4 gallons of water into one of the jugs".

Exactly!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    6.5 cups.
    Hmm, I think you're right. I was going to say 7 cups, but after recalculating, 6.5 is correct.
    I got 34.87. Crap. Can you guys show me your work?

(3.5 / 2)^2 * Pi * 9.5 = 91 in^3 == 50.6 fluid ounces == 6.3 cups
    assumes the water bottle is round, so taking the area of a circle and multiplying by the height of the bottle.
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    6.5 cups.

Hmm, I think you're right. I was going to say 7 cups, but after recalculating, 6.5 is correct.

I can't not believe that I read this post.....and when I got to "recalculating", my inner voice changed to that of a Garmin! UGH...that's disgusting!
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Like when Jessica asked "Is Chicken of the Sea really Chicken?"

She just needed to know.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    step on the scale.
    Drink the full bottle of water
    step back on the scale.
    Take the weight difference.

then using your current altitude, the outside air pressure, and the density of the last crap that you took you can calculate the exact volume of water that you consumed.

If you haven't been tracking your crap density then I just can't help you if you won't help yourself.

LOL