NSV: Free Tummy Tuck

Options

Replies

• Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    this is basically isometrics, right? I do this alot when I'm getting ready for work, and I'll do it even more now!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The free tummy tuck thing works for as long as your weightloss wasn't too dramatic and for as long as there is not a huge amount of excess skin. To truly know if it works check out how your tummy looks while suckin in and bending over. I something hangs towards the floor... Then it didn't work.

That's what happens to me. It works only if I'm in an upright and standing position ;( so my guess is that i'll need a tummy tuck if i reach my goal weight. But i need to win the lottery first XD
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you win the lottery, then real tummy tucks for all of us - on you!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

;D
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "I was at a seminar once where the speaker challenged us to hold in our stomachs for a full two minutes. He talked about how difficult it is and that it requires strength and determination we don't usually think about in every day life. He gave us a "go" cue, then went on to talk about other things. At the end of two minutes, he asked who was still holding in their stomachs. A good 2/3 of the audience raised their hands--they'd started but then forgot as they listened to the speaker. He used this as an analogy for how we let our attention drift based on what's going on around us and how it's important to be mindful of what we're doing if we want to get the most out of our fitness efforts. This was back in 1985 and I've remembered it on and off over the years. Thank you for reminding me again. Now...to be mindful about sucking it in. :) " bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you win the lottery and are passing out goodies to Mfp folks, instead of a real tummy tuck...I'll take a gift certificate to an organic market or health food store instead. Maybe a $10,000 gift certificate to an organic market will last me for a few weeks or so, cause WHEW....foods and stuff is so expensive in organic markets and health food stores :noway: :grumble: :explode:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing... but, not as much as you. I need to start doing this morning. You're right, though... it's definitely not easy. LOL.
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Definitely going to be doing this! I've been in maintenance for awhile now, only area I'm not thrilled with is my stomach!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Good tip. I am going to do this !.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I do something similar to this, I saw this on a web site or youtube, you bend over at the waist, breath out very heavily, then as you breathe in you tighten your stomach and butt muscles and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute if you can. Continue for 10 minutes twice a day. Seems to help me...
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do something similar to this, I saw this on a web site or youtube, you bend over at the waist, breath out very heavily, then as you breathe in you tighten your stomach and butt muscles and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute if you can. Continue for 10 minutes twice a day. Seems to help me...

let's see a link to this video!!
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great post ~ nobody ever talks about this! I have been sucking it in for the last year, I do it naturally without thinking about it now. My belly was biggest problem area and I am happy to say it's not so bad anymore. My six pack will appear one day!
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I started doing this in ballet, and I've been working up to doing it all the time. It's definitely hard! But I can now get through 4 1/2 hours of dance classes plus an hour or so before/after with only short breaks :)
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Doing this has completely slipped my mind for the past couple of months...beginning again today purposely keeping my tummy pulled in.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Growing up my mother said that a woman is supposed to always have her stomach sucked in no matter what! So I have done this my whole life. I feel very weird if I let it out.
    My mom never said it but I have done it as far back as I can remember. It's habit now. Was a huge eyeopener when I DID let it all out to measure :sick:
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Growing up my mother said that a woman is supposed to always have her stomach sucked in no matter what! So I have done this my whole life. I feel very weird if I let it out.

I am the same way..I don't think anyone ever said I should..I have just ALWAYS done it!!!
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    how long does it take before it becomes naturally? I've been trying it for weeks but every time my mind slips (like every three minutes) it goes out but then I do it again when I remember so it happens like 20 times a day. when will it just start to happen naturally?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!