NSV: Free Tummy Tuck

Options
123457»

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Yes this is part of my overall become more active plan. It was part of what made my belly go away. It never became natural so I just do it as often as I remember. Thanks for the reminder... now I am doing it again.
  • Naomi0222
    Options
    Bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    how long does it take before it becomes naturally? I've been trying it for weeks but every time my mind slips (like every three minutes) it goes out but then I do it again when I remember so it happens like 20 times a day. when will it just start to happen naturally?

I was thinking the exact same thing. It seems to super slip my mind and I just thought about it now, so haven't done it all day nor yesterday either:ohwell:
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that any female not totally comfortable with their weight DIDN'T do this. I have done this nearly my whole weight any time I am around other people. It's totally natural and I don't even think about it.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yeah but you have to suck in your stomach everytime, once you try to relax your stomach, it will protrude again. yeah it feels natural but your stomach doesn't change, you just suck it in. I'd love to have a flat stomach without the need to suck it in everytime.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bumping for myself:happy:
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My stomach, which is one of the most hideous and biggest problem areas for me in this battle of the bulge, has gone down considerably ( with NO excess skin:smooched: -- looking better and better/tighter and tighter each day)--major inches lost/4+pants sizes decreased since starting this new lifestyle change. I really believe one of the main reasons it has gone down a lot is I give myself a "FREE" tummy tuck.

Everyday I purposely pull my tummy in ( ya know, conscientiously sucking in your stomach) all though out the day, not just during exercise time. This is much harder than it sounds (and is still not "natural/automatic" for me to do), because it's so easy and natural to "let it all hang out" so to speak. So, if you want a free tummy tuck too, just practice holding your tummy in/sucking it in all through-out the day, until it becomes natural. Again, this is HARDER than you think to do--but not impossible. Also, doing this everyday is also helping with my posture. i find that i walk/stand much taller automatically when i do this too. What makes me post this is I have on a pair of jogging pants I've had/worn for a long time and today, they are literally swimming on me. That inspired me to post this--also as a reminder to myself to tuck my tummy in thru-out the day as well

Has anyone else seen dramatic results/success stories in decreasing your stomach size by doing this?

YES.

Ever since I was about 14 and realized how much I hated myself, I automatically sucked in EVERYWHERE I went so people wouldn't see my "pregnant belly". Because of this, six years later I stlll have that "pregnant pooch", but when you get through that and really poke the belly, it is ROCK HARD! I think when I lose the fat I will not be dissapointed by the strong core that's underneath from all that holding in. It is definitely tough!
  • lelee32287
    lelee32287 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Couple of notes for this as I have been practicing this.

1. Make sure you can breath comfortly via diaphram. Sometimes you suck in air which is not the goal.

Two good drills:

Lie on the floor on your back. Place something small and dense on your belly button and try to suck it into your spine - really get an idea of how it should feel. I use two hocky pucks taped together. Small paper weight should work too.

Stand straight up. Raise a medicine ball over your head - arms extended over your head like you are doing the wave at a football game. You cannot help but keep your stomach sucked in - again the purpose is to discover the feeling.

Very important to keep this form when working out..whether its running..squats. Best part about doing this is you will end up having good posture and will look slimmer by default.

Do you have any tips for how to "breathe comfortably"? I try to hold in my tummy whenever I can, but it feels like I can only take shallow breaths whlle I'm doing it.
  • lelee32287
    lelee32287 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Growing up my mother said that a woman is supposed to always have her stomach sucked in no matter what! So I have done this my whole life. I feel very weird if I let it out.

So you have it pulled in all the time?? That sounds so hard.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Growing up my mother said that a woman is supposed to always have her stomach sucked in no matter what! So I have done this my whole life. I feel very weird if I let it out.

This is me too ^^;;
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Options
    This is a simple exercise that strengthens the muscles underneath that big old pouch. I remember reading it on some men's health or similar website years ago. I only do it for the 90 seconds I microwave my food each day at work, I can hold it for about that period after some practice. I mean to do it more but I always forget.
    It certainly isn't a magic fix but if you look closely it does help develop the strength below the belly and it certainly helped me, along with other things of course.
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Started in middle school after a book I read on having fit abs and kept with it until having children! Will start again...
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good post. I keep trying to remind myself to do that as I'm sitting at my desk. When I stand or walk it comes naturally but when I sit I tend to let it out. Now the goal is to hold it all day long. It is harder than it seems.

Same for me. My ab muscles are always pulled tight when I stand or walk or when I'm sitting in public, but I have horrible posture when I'm sitting at home.
  • ShanaDeanie
    Options
    I was taught the same thing growing up!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did it in middle school. Tranverse abdominus exercises are what to do as well. You basically suck in your stomach while doing crunches.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Good post. I keep trying to remind myself to do that as I'm sitting at my desk. When I stand or walk it comes naturally but when I sit I tend to let it out. Now the goal is to hold it all day long. It is harder than it seems.

Same for me. My ab muscles are always pulled tight when I stand or walk or when I'm sitting in public, but I have horrible posture when I'm sitting at home.

Ya know, thanks for posting this:heart: ...I'm going to work on my sitting posture at home more too:flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    It's FUNNY how this is so "unnatural" to me...I forgot about it--until last night. As I was doing some evening stretches, I thought about holding my tummy in and then this morning...thought about this thread. I wanted to bump it as a reminder to/for myself and others as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!