Carbs are making you fat

Options

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    He actually died from an undiagnosed congential (sp?) heart defect...how sad. He was gorgeous.

That is sad =( How did you find out about this? There were so many rumors floating around when he died. For a while, people didn't even know if it was true.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eat refined starches / carbs, spike your blood sugar, get hungry, eat more, get fat

ScreenShot2012-03-10at44709PM.png

yup
    Actually, blood sugar doesn't affect hunger. If it did, low blood sugar would make you hungry. And if that's the case, then protein, since it spikes insulin more than simple carbs, but doesn't contribute glucose, leading to a blood sugar crash, as the insulin in the blood stream gets rid of what glucose is there, must make people eat more and get fat. Fortunately, blood sugar levels have nothing to do with it, as the body is perfectly capable of regulating it without eating.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So much fail in just one thread...
  • criscricket
    criscricket Posts: 72
    Options
    Don't look in my food diary...

(typed while eating an ice cream sammich)

:-))))
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Greg Plitt eats carbs

plitt.jpg

Manu eats carbs

manu.jpg

Josef Rakich eats carbs

rakich.jpg

Yea, these guys are just bursting with fat cells.
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I went wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over in carbs last week...and I lost 2.6 lbs.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    yeah...carbs is what gets converted into energy faster it is not what makes you fat -.- what makes you fat is eating all them calories and NOT working out. that's what makes you fat -.- bakas.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Dude, I don't know or give an eff. I sure as hell know that a tight ripped body doesn't come from junk food. So be a smart *kitten* but I know you get my point.

directed to guy with abs for his profile pic
    What? Calories matter. Type of food doesn't.
    220px-Orton_Royal_Rumble_2009.jpg
    This guy travels on the road 300 days a year around the world. His diet consists of 90% fatty, high carb, greasy restaurant food, fast food, roadside diners, 24 hour eateries like Denny's and IHOP, airport food, and of course, whatever catering is available at the arenas. Pretty much what most people here consider "junk." and I know, he's just horribly out of shape, isn't he?:huh:
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I eat carbs all the time! How in the hell is it I'm losing weight! Its the body's energy source. You need it! Stay away from the simple and eat the complex carbs.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Im with you all the way on that one david!
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    If carbs are so bad for you why when I cut them out of my diet and started doing a reputable "low carb" diet did I a.) feel like a butt in a blender b.) lost a significant amount of time on my 5k because I felt like a weak plastic bag caught in the wind c.) constantly (and trust me you do too) had stinky fart breath and d.) was always ALWAYS hungry.

Do I believe that you can eat to many carbs? Absolutely, no one should eat a loaf of bread for dinner. Do I think there is a problem with refined sugars and simple carbs in this country? Ooooh yea. But do I think that refined carbs are the enemy?? No way! The proof is in how much better I look and feel when I eat whole grains, fruits, and beans.

So you can go ahead and feel lethargic and smelly if that's how you like it, but I will gladly choose a nice plate of yummy beans and whole grain rice before I choose a plate of nitrate soaked bacon.

Just saying!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I love how the original poster was smart enough to just let this fire burn, and run away.

my 2cents= love carbs = ALL OF THEM, k thanks
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother reading through the 12 pages of comments but did anyone happen to mention that your brain requires carbs. Its the only thing it can run on. When Atkins first came out I was in college Anatomy and Physiology 1 and had to listen to my teacher preach to us for an ENTIRE lecture period about how bad the Adkins diet was. *Sigh* everything in moderation...

It can run on ketones.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Dude, I don't know or give an eff. I sure as hell know that a tight ripped body doesn't come from junk food. So be a smart *kitten* but I know you get my point.

This guy travels on the road 300 days a year around the world. His diet consists of 90% fatty, high carb, greasy restaurant food, fast food, roadside diners, 24 hour eateries like Denny's and IHOP, airport food, and of course, whatever catering is available at the arenas. Pretty much what most people here consider "junk." and I know, he's just horribly out of shape, isn't he?:huh:

Randy Orton is so hot. Just sayin'
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Randy Orton is so hot. Just sayin'

Agree!
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Did anybody actually READ the article? Carbs are fine - it's processed carbs that are bad. The ones with all the nutrients and fiber washed out of them. Whole grains and veggies are mostly carbs and you can eat as many of those as you want without concern. It's all there in the article (eat like a caveman would - veggies and fruit and whole grains.)

Carbs are not the enemy. Processed and refined carbs are the enemy.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm sick of these threads. Use common sense. Carbs from pizza and snickers bars = bad. Carbs from oranges and sweet potatoes = good. Quit confusing people and making them think they need to follow fad diets. Eat more natural food and less processed food. Or eat whatever the hell you want. If you think carbs are bad, don't eat them, just quit preaching to other people.

This :)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I thought it was my love of bacon and a sausage that made me fat. I'm glad to know that it was all those carbs. I'm going back to eating lbs of bacon each day and still lose weight...that's awesome! I really don't understand these posts. Calories make you fat when you eat too many of them. It's not about carbs vs. low carb. If you eat too many calories on a low carb diet, you will still be fat (and you probably won't feel very good). I have a serious problem with "diet" plans that make you cut out all of one kind of food. It just doesn't seem right or sustainable.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I thought it was my love of bacon and a sausage that made me fat. I'm glad to know that it was all those carbs. I'm going back to eating lbs of bacon each day and still lose weight...that's awesome! I really don't understand these posts. Calories make you fat when you eat too many of them. It's not about carbs vs. low carb. If you eat too many calories on a low carb diet, you will still be fat (and you probably won't feel very good). I have a serious problem with "diet" plans that make you cut out all of one kind of food. It just doesn't seem right or sustainable.

^^^^^ This
This discussion has been closed.