Replies

• chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    everything makes you fat if you eat it to excess. x
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat refined starches / carbs, spike your blood sugar, get hungry, eat more, get fat

ScreenShot2012-03-10at44709PM.png

yup
  • LyndsieLovejoyyy
    Options
    So glad you posted this - i've been wondering about it!
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of these threads. Use common sense. Carbs from pizza and snickers bars = bad. Carbs from oranges and sweet potatoes = good. Quit confusing people and making them think they need to follow fad diets. Eat more natural food and less processed food. Or eat whatever the hell you want. If you think carbs are bad, don't eat them, just quit preaching to other people.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of these threads. Use common sense. Carbs from pizza and snickers bars = bad. Carbs from oranges and sweet potatoes = good. Quit confusing people and making them think they need to follow fad diets. Eat more natural food and less processed food. Or eat whatever the hell you want. If you think carbs are bad, don't eat them, just quit preaching to other people.
    well said. x
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Lol, so the sucrose in Snickers = bad, but the sucrose in oranges = good?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'll read this as soon as my sausage biscuit is finished toasting.
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, the carbs in oranges come with nutrients and vitamins as well as being fresh and natural.

So yeah. I'd say so
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    <-- eats at least 50% carbs most time...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    So you mean my abs are just in my head and I am fat?:sad:
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So the 60 pounds I lost all while eating carbs was in my imagination? Or my perfect health in my last physical? If carbs are making us fat I shouldnt have been able to lose weight while eating them
  • pixiepuddingtoe
    pixiepuddingtoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've managed to procrastinate for the last 45 minutes (I must be a slow reader) by reading this thread. I am very much a newbie here and this has kept me very amused. Thank you all.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Whoa! There is a difference between a good carb and a bad carb
    Vegetables such as broc have a lot of carbs and should be in your diet plan where as bread (including that whole wheat bread that you may think is good for you) is a bad carb.
    Lets face it bread and grain are on the food pyramid because we pay farmers millions of dollars each year to keep producing. Its easy to produce grain rather than vegetables therefore America has to promote it.
    Since we are on the topic of bad carbs I want to just throw out there that the nutrigran bar that you think is doing you well, think again. Horrible Horrible for you. If its in a bar form keep it away from your mouth.
    I had my son 7 months ago and up until last Feb decided to take the rest of my baby weight off. Went from 160 down to 145 in 3 months! 5 pounds shy of my prebaby weight with a goal of 125. When you read about nutrition make sure that Author has sources its pulling from for backup otherwise you might just be hurting yourself.

Do you like to eat meat???????? My father is a farmer....... YOU my sweet all knowing mfp pal, need to get informed. You are SOOOO off base, you can't even SEE the base.

Corn: The United States is, by far, the largest producer of corn in the world. Corn is grown on over 400,000 U.S. farms. In 2000, the U.S. produced almost ten billion bushels of the world’s total 23 billion bushel crop. Corn grown for grain accounts for almost one quarter of the harvested crop acres in this country. Corn grown for silage accounts for about two percent of the total harvested cropland or about 6 million acres. The amount of land dedicated to corn silage production varies based on growing conditions. In years that produce weather unfavorable to high corn grain yields, corn can be “salvaged” by harvesting the entire plant as silage.

According to the National Corn Growers Association, about eighty percent of all corn grown in the U.S. is consumed by domestic and overseas livestock, poultry, and fish production. The crop is fed as ground grain, silage, high-moisture, and high-oil corn. About 12% of the U.S. corn crop ends up in foods that are either consumed directly (e.g. corn chips) or indirectly (e.g. high fructose corn syrup). It also has a wide array of industrial uses including ethanol, a popular oxygenate in cleaner burning auto fuels.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Greg Plitt eats carbs

plitt.jpg

Manu eats carbs

manu.jpg

Josef Rakich eats carbs

rakich.jpg

Yea, these guys are just bursting with fat cells.

can you keep posting pics of hot guys please lol

Yes, LOTS MORE HOTE GUYS PLEASE!!! =D
  • ericabrothers
    ericabrothers Posts: 115
    Options
    I didn't bother reading through the 12 pages of comments but did anyone happen to mention that your brain requires carbs. Its the only thing it can run on. When Atkins first came out I was in college Anatomy and Physiology 1 and had to listen to my teacher preach to us for an ENTIRE lecture period about how bad the Adkins diet was. *Sigh* everything in moderation...
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nothing against people that do low carbs, but I have a friend that lost 8lbs in 1 month doing low carb! I lost 8 in the same amount of time exercising, drinking water, counting calories, and eatting wheat bread, and healthy fruits and vegtables. You will have a hard time convincing me that carbs are making me fat!! I did low carb before, and lost 53 lbs before I got married. Now that I'm a wife and mother, I don't think anyone wants me going low carb. I had no energy, and was a crabby patty!!!!! Now I'm Happy, and have loads of energy!!
  • jilltaylor86
    Options
    Dude, I don't know or give an eff. I sure as hell know that a tight ripped body doesn't come from junk food. So be a smart *kitten* but I know you get my point.

directed to guy with abs for his profile pic
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Zyzz also died of a (I believe?) heart attack at 22 and was a heavy ecstasy user and steroid abuser! MDMA suppresses appetite like no other so obviously he would have little fat!

U mirin? Haha I had to...
    RIP Zyzz "He died for our gains"
  • jilltaylor86
    Options
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

Zyzz also died of a (I believe?) heart attack at 22 and was a heavy ecstasy user and steroid abuser! MDMA suppresses appetite like no other so obviously he would have little fat!

U mirin? Haha I had to...
    RIP Zyzz "He died for our gains"

He actually died from an undiagnosed congential (sp?) heart defect...how sad. He was gorgeous.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    *snip*
    Carbs do not make you fat. Carbs may give you water retention, but like many things...it passes.

What makes you fat is eating a calorie surplus and sitting on the couch all day.

Agree with this 100%. Now a days, the go-to foods for most people are quick grabs like chips, tortillas, candy... basically things that are loaded with SUGARS (carbs)... and they gain weight from being lazy while overeating on these carbs.... which can easily be translated into "Carbs make you fat." HOWEVER, an excess of anything can make you "fat" if you're not careful.

Agree. I think that its more like people who gain weight happen to eat more carbs and sugar. So the studies say, oh carbs and sugar equal weight gain. They make carbs and sugar equal causation and not a correlation when really, its just being lazy that causes the weight gain.
This discussion has been closed.