Carbs are making you fat

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I just read this and I SOOOOOOOO agree! thanks for posting.
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    You know, it's interesting. The French eat carbs and they as a whole are not fat. In fact, they eat BAGUETTES daily and don't get fat. That's WHITE BREAD. GASP!

It might be more accurate to say that the American habit of eating pre-packaged processed foods, french fries and burgers and not enough produce has made us fat.

For some people, low-carb works. Doesn't do it for me. I've done South Beach...and yes, I lost weight. But I did not ENJOY doing South Beach. It was like waging war with food every day and in the end it was like every other diet I've tried - unsustainable. I'm sorry, but if I go on a diet that I am incapable of sticking to, that diet is utterly worthless to me, effective or no.

I'm eating *some* carbs on this diet. I have potatoes, maybe one slice of whole-grain bread with eggs if I eat those...the occasional serving of couscous. I don't go overboard and I find to my everlasting surprise that this is a diet that feels comfortable and satisfying. And most importantly sustainable. I'll stick with what I'm doing, thanks. :)
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    To heck with it, I'll eat what I want and just try to burn more than I take in. Seems to be working so far.
    or you might try to take in less that you burn. that seems to be working too. :D
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    OMG guys.. I just ate a bowl of left over pasta for breakfast.. Am I going to get fat?
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    So by eating fruits/vegetables (OMG CARBS GUYYYS!!!!!) I will get fat. Seems legit...not.
  • We are the only nation in the world who's impoverished have an obesity problem. now think about what the cheapest foods are....go on....take all the time you need....
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    1253885876_suicide.gif
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Greg Plitt eats carbs

plitt.jpg

Manu eats carbs

manu.jpg

Josef Rakich eats carbs

rakich.jpg

Yea, these guys are just bursting with fat cells.

can you keep posting pics of hot guys please lol
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Eat refined starches / carbs, spike your blood sugar, get hungry, eat more, get fat
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    It depends on your body if low carbs wil work for you. some people it does others it doesnt. for me eating carbs from pasta or potatoes or white rice reeks havoc on my system especially if i eat it in the evening for dinner. i try to stick to whole wheat bread and whole grains staying away from pasta potatoes and rice most of the time works for me. and I try to stay away from foods that have too much sugar in it
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 999 Member
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Greg Plitt eats carbs

plitt.jpg

Manu eats carbs

manu.jpg

Josef Rakich eats carbs

rakich.jpg

Yea, these guys are just bursting with fat cells.

Well this alone made it worth checking out this thread! :)
  • capnwo85
    Eat refined starches / carbs, spike your blood sugar, get hungry, eat more, get fat

ScreenShot2012-03-10at44709PM.png
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Ugh. Never mind. Ignorance is bliss and who am I to take that away from someone?
  • Jasonhannen
    Jasonhannen Posts: 32
    I'm a low carber and its not the carbs that make you fat, its eating over your maintenance.

Low Carbing works for me but there is more than one way to skin a cat.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Sadly, I dont think the truth will ever be allowed out. Too many big industries (i.e. flour, sugar, pharmaceutical, supermarkets) are making too much money from the present "so called" healthy eating regime. No one can touch it. Whatever you believe, you should ask the question, why is obesity, heart disease and diabetes on the increase in such a huge scale?

Tell me in your own words how carbs make you fat?

No offense man, but I am not here to play gotcha game. I could throw this right back in your court and say tell me in your own words how fat makes you fat.

I am just posting a news report that I happen to agree with. Not you, but it seems many people get their panties all in a bunch if someone comes out against the typical standard nutritional diet. There is science to back up both theories. Are we that closed minded to fully shut out the whole low carb thing?

So in other words you have no idea how carbs supposedly make you fat, you're just jumping on the latest fear mongering bandwagon

Carbs turn into glucose, in another words sugar and that is the first thing your body will use to turn into energy and if you are not burning enough it will keep it as fat tissue. If you eat low carbs, and your body burned it all ans still needs energy , it will automatically go to fat in your body to burn. The only carbs we should be eating are the healthy carbs from fruits and veggies, but even that should be eating before 5 or 6 pm and not after, since the metabolism is slowing down

And what happens to dietary fat in a low carb diet, just disappears?

And do you have any evidence eating carbs after 5 or 6pm is worse for you, even if they are so called clean carbs?
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 928 Member
    i dont know about the rest of you, but yes, carbs (bread, grain, etc) make me fat.
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    i think you need carbs but too much make you put on weight. im on protein diet and can see results fast. if i diet with carbs, the weight doesnt move as fast xx
  • capnwo85
    Kobayashi 64 hotdogs. he's clearly fat.

kobayashi.jpg
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 182 Member
    I am not a 'low carb newbie' -and carbs will make you fat if you don't control them. That goes for everyone. People with metabolic syndrome specifically do not use carbs normally (speaking of the 'white carbs' variety). Ever heard of insulin resistance. Mine are stored as fat. Imediately. Period. Don't bash people for wanting to get helathy. Let them find what works and wish them well. Not every body is made alike with the same daily influences. Good luck everyone! You deserve it!
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    ***Correction*** Simple, processed carbohydrates made from processed sugars and white flours make you fat in excessive amounts when eaten on a regular basis.

I stay away from them altogether, but people eating a small portion of them in conjunction with a balanced meal/diet are not going to blow up. They're just too widely available and wholegrains need to be their replacement
This discussion has been closed.