Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!! Take 2!!

Options

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Courtney- What do you do in the summer? I know 6 hours at my job is taxing lol ! Hope you had a very relaxing day off, and what pretty weather it sounds like you are having!

meag- Hope you are having a good weekend and sorry about the work melt down :( have fun with your friend and cold beer!

AFM: I seriously don't know how to relax. After 3 days of being school free I signed up for a maymester...I was bored lol

Eating and exercise have gone downhill and I am stuggling to get them back to normal. Went to the grocery store and got some more veggies and fruits for the week. Thats my biggest issue, the moment I run out of my healthy snacks I go for the fast food. My roomies graduation cake is still in the house but I am using my "2 bites rule" (some of the old members might remember this rule from way back when lol) so I can have my cake and eat it too. I am going to start insanity again tomorrow and hopefully getting new tennis shoes in the next 2 weeks, I want to pay off 1/2 my CC bill before getting anything new.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and happy mother's day to all the mommies on here :)
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Meg: I work at Sam's Club I'm trained for a variety of areas so each day is different lol. Right now I've been workin in our cafe making pizzas, hotdogs, shakes, sundaes, pretzels, churros, and chicken sandwiches. You wouldn't think working in a cafe would be demanding but oh it is lol there is a lot of lifting, running between the diffeqrent machines, then the clean up is brutal too! I'm usually exhausted after being in the cafe for 8 hours. The less demeaning parts of my job are working the jewelerly counter or the cell phone kiosk.
    Also I know exactly how've you feel about the school thing. I couldn't wait for school to be over, but now that it's over I'm so bored! Lol

AFM: today is a lazy day and I think I deserve it after the work week I had lol. Just errands errands errands lol

Happy Monday!!

Courtney
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday friends! Well I had some issues with balance this weekend, in my defense I had a super intense Saturday morning where I ended up busting my *kitten* to help get this 5k for Girls on the Run going. I had to be up at 5am so I could get to the race location at 6:30 and I was there until 1pm. I did burn a lot of calories because I was walking around. We then ate a healthy lunch and my fiance's brother came over so we could hit up the street fair. We ended up having some drinks and bbqing it was a lot of fun. We drank a fair amount and ended up having a frozen pizza late at night. I spent most of yesterday with my mom walking around the mall and I found 2 dresses! 1 for my bridal shower and 1 for my reception. We got an amazing lunch and I had 2 glasses of wine to help ease the hangover. I am trying hard to not feel guilty, I mean I did make good choices where I could and still had a really great time with friends and family. I am back to the grind today and just tired from being so busy all weekend. Tonight is day 2 of NROLFW and I am hoping I can knock it out and relax at home with my fiance. I am hoping my less than stellar decision don't affect my weight loss this week. It seems like there is always something! Well I might be extra sensitive because its that great time of the month right now too.

Hope everyone has a good day, I am sure tomorrow I will be much happier after a good workout.
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I survived the stress of finals and graduation. Now, I'm ready to resume this month's goals. Hope you're all having a happy Monday!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Last post before I'm off to best, ladies! Happy Monday!

Sorry I will be more absent than usual this month. It's a very stressful one with life and I am just trying to keep myself as busy as possible to stay happy, distracted, healthy and AWAY from my kitchen! :grumble: I've been trying to get out as much as possible lately. Hitting cafes, patios, hiking through a stunning gorge and waterfall, running, volunteering at a race on Saturday, and trying to meet new people as often as possible. I even drove out to the driving range Sunday afternoon and hit a bucket of balls to keep myself entertained! Doing whatever I can to just stay active and keep my mind off all the bullsh*t in life. I'm also applying for jobs whenever I can and whenever I see one worth applying for... It's slow going but I am making progress.

Tonight, I went to Spin with CrazyCarl. What a release from life for an hour! That class always helps me wash away the irritation and aggravation of the day. Thankfully, work was bearable today. And tomorrow I plan to keep it that way. My boss has been too busy with other more pressing issues to be on my case, so I am just working with my head down trying to let the weeks fly by...

fitontherun - Congrats on finishing out your semester strong! Happy to have you back in the mix, girl! :drinker:

Aly - Balance? Weekend? I hear ya! I even gave up on logging this Friday... Some days you just have to resolve to make tomorrow your goal. Each day at a time. Balance can't always be in the cards, unfortunately :noway: I am sure it won't have a huge affect on your weight loss as long as you recognize it, and make good choices whenever you can. One day doesn't wreck you as long as you know how to get back in the saddle, so to speak.

Courtney- I've worked customer service at a cafe, restaurant, bar and night club and holy smokes does it work your whole body! Just the act of standing on your feet all those hours on end without a break - it's a nightmare on your body! Totally exhausting. I hear you loud and clear, girl! I looked it up somewhere and I think bartending burns around 200 calories an hour? Not surprised at all after my experiences! Take it easy on work days and just do what you can to avoid all the bad-for-you food! That would be torture for most of us, so if you can manage, KUDOS! :drinker:

Meg - Thanks lady. My weekend did look up a little but by Sunday night I was majorly in the dumps! Thankfully, Monday and CrazyCarl to the rescue! Good luck getting back on track - the KEY is to not run out of healthy options :wink: Easier said than done. Planning, planning, planning. You can do this. One day at a time!

Off to bed ladies. Have a stellar Tuesday! :heart:
  • JMSKCW
    JMSKCW Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! I haven't been around much so I figure half way through the month is as good of a place to start as any. May has been a pretty good month for me-- I am a Kentucky girl so I got to go to Oaks (the race the day before the KY Derby where mostly locals attend). It was pretty fun getting dressed up, wearing a hat, etc. (and I won on my first bet!) It was also hot enough that overeating and drinking weren't really options...

I feel like I have been going non-stop with work and social obligations and, unfortunately, that leaves little time for exercise. I've been trying to eat better to make up for my lack of activity but haven't been totally successful, especially on the weekends. I did a kind of "half-way-through-the-month review" and made a calendar with my exercise goals, as well as a loose meal plan. We are preparing for a July vacation so we want to save up some more money which means less eating out... I made two meals on Sunday to eat through the week (Butternut Squash Risotto and Pork and Poblano Stew- both delicious) and to take for lunch. I think I am going to make that a weekly chore so that I am not winging it during the week.

My job (I'm a paralegal that works in insurance litigation) has been absolutely crazy. We have several new employees and I feel like I am getting sucked into an office manager position by trying to assist them. Meanwhile, files are piling up on my desk (and floor and credenza, there is even a stack of files on one of my chairs...) Perhaps if I weren't typing this I would be getting to some of them :wink: Oh well, I would rather be busy than try to suffer through a long day with nothing to do.

Lastly, my kickball league starts this week. I should be happy because that means guaranteed exercise but, quite frankly, I am not all that good at kickball. And our team name is Brews on First (i.e. we really just play to socialize and have an excuse to drink beer on Thursdays).

fitontherun- I second Meg's statement- congrats on finishing your semester. I am sure that is a relief!

Aly- It seems like struggling through weekends is a common occurence for us 20-somethings. I guess that's why people say they are looking forward to 30- more structure and less fun. Oh wait, maybe not. :smile:

Meag- it is great you are keeping busy and entertained. Also, I hope the job search goes well-- I know that can cause a lot of stress but you just have to try to stay positive (which it looks like you are!) And don't we all love it when our bosses have more important issues at hand thus leaving us alone? I know I find it a relief.

Meg- How do you like insanity? I have heard mixed reviews about it... I live in an apartment (on the third floor) so I don't think it would be the best routine for me but I have been curious about it.

I hope everyone has a great day! Looking forward to participating a little bit more throughout the month!

Jessica
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Thank you Meag and Jessica! It is always something that I struggle with, trying to balance health and fun. I can be so hard on myself even though I have become so much better over the years, with the wedding coming up it gives me extra reason to be hard on myself when I should be trying to enjoy my time as much as possible. Thanks for the reminder that this is hard for everyone!

I did NROLFW day 2 yesterday, and honestly I was just happy I made it to the gym. I was exhausted and grumpy. I ended up coming home and throwing a fit because I was starving and just in a bad mood, so glad my fiance understands when I act like a 2 year old. I made sure to get some good sleep. It just feels like there are never any breaks. I work all day, go workout, eat dinner(or grocery shop if we didn't make it) then sleep. Then on the weekends its just busy busy busy with fun but still I need a break from life! I am contemplating taking the night off and just doing grocery shopping and resting. sometimes my body does better when I give it more of a break as far as weight loss goes. But the guilt is what gets me.

Meag- Sorry your job situation is not going great, I know how that is I am currently not happy with my current situation. But keep looking and try to focus on the positive as much as possible!

Jessica- those recipes sound great! When I am more on top of my food plan I always try to do that it really helps. It is just challenging when we are so busy right now.

Going to try to figure out what to do with myself tonight. Talk to you soon friends!
  • ashka86
    ashka86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Y'all are such an inspiration, I love reading all of the threads from this post. It is an inspiration not to give up and keep on keeping on :wink:

Although I'm keeping good on the food and walking I still haven't branched out to try different exercises like swimming or biking yet, but I'm getting there. I checked out a book on swimming from the library and I'm hoping to at least swim once or twice before the month is up!

Keep up the good work everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Bump! To remind me to update later after my lifting session!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey all, sorry I've not been very active here - have been moving the school library to a new room this week, it's been totally mad!! I have messed up on my goal though - only managed one turbofire sessoin this week....will do better next week!

How is everyone else?
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Hey Everyone, here is a little update about what has been going on with me.

I started NROLFW and it has been going well, I am really strong and it feels good. I was able to squat 75lbs last night! But I went to Physical therapy today and I need to work on my form before doing weights. Part of my problem is that my knees go in from previous injuries. He gave me the OK to do spin and weight lifting and swimming so I am going to continue with that. Its TOTM so I know my weight might be up from that and from lifting so I am not going to worry about whatever it says tomorrow. I am eating more food now and I feel good, my fitbit has me eating around 1700 a day which will hopefully work soon. Honestly I just want to look nice and fit I could care less about the number. Well actually I do want it to go down! I need to take measurements and pictures to have that be the way I measure myself. Well I am just working away trying to figure out what to do next in my life.

Have a great weekend if I don't get back here before then!

-Aly
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Where are all my 20's at?? Hoody hooo!!!!!
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    Wow slower month for sure!

Meag- Woot Woot! I love hearing about CrazyCarl! Hope you are enjoying his spin classes again

Courtney- Oh retail, gotta love it right? lol

Aly-what is NROLFW? I eat about 1700 give or take, I feel better when I eat more but healthy of course.

AFM: I was doing so good earlier in the week! Monday-Wednesday I did insanity and eating better...and then wednesday night i went bat sh** crazy with the girls and had pizza and wine/ dance party night. My motivation dwindles and I am so exhausted from work. We are fighting yet again and it drains me of everything. I am looking for something new though, even if I have to take a slight pay cut, what I have now is just emotionally draining.

On a positive, I am budgeting my $$ much better and have been eating in this entire week (minus pizza). So now that I have my bank account under control and have time to cook I can feel my life starting to get back to normal slowly :)

What's everyones plans for the weekend?
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I am heading out for a bike ride in a few minutes, just wanted to bump to remind myself to update later. It's been a CRAZY week and this weekend is gorgeous out, so I am taking the opportunity to spend it outdoors.

Hope you're all surviving the month of May! Love yas! :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Totally unmotivated to be a part of this challenge this month ladies... I am sorry :ohwell: I think I may just duck out for the time being and see how I feel at the end of May.

I hope you folks keep it up and stay on track with your goals! I'll still be working hard, just not posting here. I just can't keep up with everything in life and some things have gotta give.

Much love ladies XO
  • ashka86
    ashka86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, so far so good, 5lbs down but I still need to take the plunge and give swimming a try for my new exercise!

Hope y'all are doing good, keep up the good work and if you are having a hard time this month, better late than never!!

:wink:

22033668.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted much, I've been working non stop at work lately. I feel like I have no free timer to do anything!!! I've tried to keep up with my running but it hasn't been going to great. I need to find balance with work, running and sleep.

Meg: I don't really have plans for this weekend exept work lol

Meag: we'll miss you!

Hopef everyone had a lovely day!
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    Waiting for my laundry to dry, so thought I would check in before I hit the bed :)

Meag- girl we totally understand! Do you and come back whenever you are ready :) Get some rest too!

ash- yay 5lbs! And I hear swimming is awesome because its cardio and an all over muscle workout!

Courtney- yep same here! I work basically everyweekend, even though I am only suppsosed to work 1 or 2 out of the month. Finding the balance is the hardest, seems like something always has to give, but if you can get caught up on sleep I have found the exercise comes more natural and less of a pain.

AFM: I have started going back to church with a few work pals, and really been praying for the help and guidance in finding another job as well as budgeting for this summer because I am more than a poor college student. Well I got a little job this week making some extra cash by helping a co-workers sister, clean and organize her house! I love organizing, so its perfect for me :) I then think I found a job in the theater I was already volunteering for this summer, so basically I wouldn't be adding anything to my schedule, I would just be getting paid to be there so if that works out then I will be technically working 2 jobs this summer, which will allow me to save up enough money and I can finally drop my exisiting job. And as the cherry topper if the theater likes me I can work for them in the school year as well :) WOO HOO!

Food/Exercise wise- food is better. I am under my calorie goal but idk what it is about this sweet tooth but it has got to go! I have noticed that because I am a poor college student and been forcing myself to eat at home the last 2 weeks, that when I do let myself have a night with the girls I eat MUCH less than I did. Mainly because I don't have the money for snacks lol so I have stopped eating them. This budgeting thing just might be a good thing after all haha

hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Hey Guys,,

It has been a crazy busy week for me. After starting New Rules of Lifting I decided to jump all in and go for crossfit at my gym. I was getting lonely training by myself in the weight room, not having a group or team to work on it with. So I figured for the extra cost I should see some good results. I had a decent weekend nothing to crazy but I did have a little too much fun at girls night. I am learning that when I am stressed or tired I should listen to my body and chill even if that means flaking out on friends. This week has been somewhat of a crap shoot. I felt sick on monday, then yesterday I had a celebration thing to go to(I only had one drink go me!) tonight I am meeting with my bridal party to figure out some wedding related stuff. But I will hopefully be at crossfit tomorrow! I hope everyone is having a great day. I will come back to comment on everyone's posts in a bit. ttyl.
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    aly- hope you are feeling better this weekend and you can get some rest!

AFM: Was told I looked skinny so that was nice and a good motivation to keep eating heatlhy at least. I decided to go see a psyhcologist for the stress and anxiety, that appointment is in 2 weeks. I dont really want to be put on medicine, but hopefully just talking out all of the family stress that has been happening, I can get some good feedback on how to cope with it all.

Exercise has been iffy all month, but I have been eating really well and at home, and water intake has skyrocketed! I am getting better at it, just slowly :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!