H2O = water

Options
Ok this is one of my pet peeves... Water is nothing else but h2o. It bugs me when people talk about "flavor water" if what you drink has a flavor taste, color or anything like that, news flash it's not water. True it may be made with water, but when you put chemical packets to enhance the taste it's no longer true h2o. And what's in those packets will do more harm than good.

Water = h2o

Not this or any other drink whose ingredients is more than h2o
 Aquafina FlavorSplash

Flavored Water
  Flavor: Citrus Blend
  Sweetner: Splenda
  Carbonation: No
  Container: Plastic

Aquafina Citrus Blend FlavorSplash Ingredients:
Filtered Water, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzonate, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose (splenda) Calcium Disodium EDTA.

Replies

• EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    should make this a sticky!!!

LIKE LIKE!!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    *waiting for something interesting*
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that adding flavor changes the h2o molecules to something else
  • jordalyssa94
    Options
    Even if it isn't quite water, it still is often a step up from sugary carbonated sodas, or sodas with the same chemicals as the flavored water you're talking about, or many juices, some people need it as a stepping stone into the world of better hydration, and some people just enjoy it. Obviously water is the best for it but, flavored water is still doing better then most other options.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that anyone cared this much... Or what stems it really... People are drinking something other than caffeinated, carbonated, carb loaded soda... Or any other various drink that is relatively horrible for you. I'd be curious to see how flavoring water is more harm than good exactly.

Drinking 64 oz of no calorie(for better or worse here) flavored "water" as you hate... Or a 2 liter of soda or diet soda.... Pretty sure the chemically altered water is doing a lot more good than the soda which has even more crap added.

I get its a pet peeve, but man, I can't imagine something like that getting under my skin....
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    Even if it isn't quite water, it still is often a step up from sugary carbonated sodas, or sodas with the same chemicals as the flavored water you're talking about, or many juices, some people need it as a stepping stone into the world of better hydration, and some people just enjoy it. Obviously water is the best for it but, flavored water is still doing better then most other options.

I think dude just gets pissed that people pop reference flavored water like it is as good as water by itself, when there is a small difference. I may have misunderstood that though.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

^^^ this

I'm counting my steeped green tea.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i dont count anything as my "water intake" unless its literally a cup of water...

protein shakes dont count
    flavoured water dont count
    tea dont count
    coffee dont count\

even when starting a dehydration process i drink 2.0-3.0 gallons of CLEAN PURE WATER on top of my protein shake n coffee
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I for one don't always enjoy plain water. Right now I have a sore throat from a cold. I often add an ounce or so of pure fruit juice to make it go easier. No different than drinking them separately.
  • Hpmichigan
    Hpmichigan Posts: 5
    Options

Exactly, if that is the case than what you get from the tap isn't h20 either. Fluoride, Chlorine and other chemicals are used in water treatment in the united states.

As far as dieting goes; even if you add crystal light to everything glass of water you drink you are still getting the required daily amount of water.
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    I only count water by itself as well. I drink at least a gallon a day, but I am not nearly as active as Euro.
  • Meevz
    Meevz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A few squeezes of fresh lemon makes plain old water taste soooo delicious in my opinion! And no artificial sweeteners to worry about!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Ok this is one of my pet peeves... Water is nothing else but h2o. It bugs me when people talk about "flavor water" if what you drink has a flavor taste, color or anything like that, news flash it's not water. True it may be made with water, but when you put chemical packets to enhance the taste it's no longer true h2o. And what's in those packets will do more harm than good.

Water = h2o

Aquafina FlavorSplash

Flavored Water
      Flavor: Citrus Blend
      Sweetner: Splenda
      Carbonation: No
      Container: Plastic

Aquafina Citrus Blend FlavorSplash Ingredients:
    Filtered Water, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzonate, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose (splenda) Calcium Disodium EDTA.

You're wrong.
    Source - Elementary school level chemistry.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Water = h2o

So, tap water, isnt really water. There is fluoride and chlorine and many other chemicals in tap water. Bottled water often has some sodium or other naturally occurring mineral residue that isnt H2o either. So by your definition, water is only distilled water.

Really, if your body can reasonably obtain the H2O it needs from the liquid, its probably safe to count it as water. I cringe at calling soda or carbonated drinks water, however for the sake of tracking how much H2O your body is getting, they count.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    i dont count anything as my "water intake" unless its literally a cup of water...

tea dont count
    coffee dont count\

even when starting a dehydration process i drink 2.0-3.0 gallons of CLEAN PURE WATER on top of my protein shake n coffee
    cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This is a pet peeve of mine too. My body tells me that flavored water, tea, diet sodas, etc are not water. When I drink those I do not pee as much as I do when I just drink water.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

tea dont count
    coffee dont count\

I'm the same, if I have unsweet tea or coffee or an energy something or other...I chart that seperatly. plain ole water is all that goes into my "water consumed" calculations for the day. And that is on average 10-13 cups a day....sometimes alot more...
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    All liquid hydrates you. The only reason that soda, coffee, green/black tea do not hydrate you as much as plain water, is because they have caffeine which can dehydrate you. So it's counter-balanced.
    But any non-caffeinated liquid will moderately hydrate you. Technically, you could drink your own piss and still get hydration from it. Don't you people watch Bear Grylls?
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I agree ppl should be drinking plain water despite the taste or lack thereof. It gives your kidneys a nice break from filtering and helps the spleen filter the blood more easily.

I hate reading posts about ppl advocating drinking any type of beverage instead of water, claiming its just as good for the body. Drinking coffee, energy drinks, artificial sweeteners.... That stuff needs to be filtered by our bodies.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options

tea dont count
    coffee dont count\

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

bahahah! love this!
    But kudos to you Euro.
    I do however count the water that goes into my tea and protein shake. Since no chemical reactions happen when I make those things, I'm still gonna say its got some solid H20 in there.
    On a separate note, don't be such a downer! If people need to flavor their water to drink, by all means let them, its better than being dehydrated :drinker: