H2O = water

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone care so much about what other people eat/drink? Just worry about what you consume, and let people live their lives in peace.
    ^^^ this. Do whatever you want and let others do the same. Nobody like the diet police
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that anyone cared this much... Or what stems it really... People are drinking something other than caffeinated, carbonated, carb loaded soda... Or any other various drink that is relatively horrible for you. I'd be curious to see how flavoring water is more harm than good exactly.

Drinking 64 oz of no calorie(for better or worse here) flavored "water" as you hate... Or a 2 liter of soda or diet soda.... Pretty sure the chemically altered water is doing a lot more good than the soda which has even more crap added.

I get its a pet peeve, but man, I can't imagine something like that getting under my skin....

And what is diet soda besides flavored water?

Diet soda is carbonated and caffeinated(usually). Pretty big difference IMO.
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a big advocate for plain water, which really if you drink anything but distilled water it has something in it, but I do believe that good hydration comes from water with nothing added to it. HOWEVER, like stated above by multiple people, some people need a stepping stone, if you have someone who is drastically changing their diet/eating habits from a diet of almost entire fast food, soda, sweet tea, and other sugary drinks, and they switch to water with crystal light, or mio, or flavored water, I think its ok. Do I think that people should try to switch over to water with nothing added? Yes, but its called making progress, and progress is made ins steps and change and progress take time. So yes, I agree, that water is water and drinking water with nothing added is way way better for you, but isn't drinking water with flavoring added better than drinking soda, juice, or other sugar loaded beverages? I used to HATE water and always added Crystal light to it, even when I switched to drinking plain water I always had lemon in it, and then I developed an allergy, even after that it took me a long time to get up to drinking 10+ glasses of water a day, enjoying it, and craving it like I do now.

This sums my opinion up well. It needs to be something that will realistically work for each person. Drinking plain water is the ultimate goal, but might need to do so a little at a time until you like it by itself. Especially if you're used to drinking flavored everything (which I was)... Progress-not perfection I say.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So, for the sake of argument, lets say a drank an ordinary 32oz of water. 5 minutes later, for whatever reason, I swallowed an entire packet of propel zero (good for 16oz of water). How many ozs of water do I subtract 0, 16, or all 32 ozs of water from my total? ;)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    deadhorse.jpg
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ok this is one of my pet peeves... Water is nothing else but h2o. It bugs me when people talk about "flavor water" if what you drink has a flavor taste, color or anything like that, news flash it's not water. True it may be made with water, but when you put chemical packets to enhance the taste it's no longer true h2o. And what's in those packets will do more harm than good.

Water = h2o

Not this or any other drink whose ingredients is more than h2o
     Aquafina FlavorSplash

Flavored Water
      Flavor: Citrus Blend
      Sweetner: Splenda
      Carbonation: No
      Container: Plastic

Aquafina Citrus Blend FlavorSplash Ingredients:
    Filtered Water, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzonate, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose (splenda) Calcium Disodium EDTA.

/head desk/

Then you NEVER drink water. Congratulations, man.

On a completely unrelated note, one of my pet peeves is when people don't do their research before popping up with the same topic that is discussed week after week after week after week after [should I go on?]

The search button. Use it.
  • sunshinedazed
    Options
    I wasn't aware that adding flavor changes the h2o molecules to something else

Thanks for the TRUFAX giggle. :) I use MIO pretty frequently and my body treats it exactly like distilled water. Just like it treats tap water like distilled water. I drink between 2-3 gallons of water a day, and I pee every 30 minutes (which is pretty annoying :D) regardless of whether or not I "treat" myself to something other than water. And since I hate the taste of plain water... my body appreciates it.
  • starrynightskys
    starrynightskys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I understand that we need to be hydrated and drinking water has multiple benefits besides being essential for life. But all you guys who drink excessive amounts say 5-9 litres a day. You do realise you aren't getting any benefits from this right? Research has shown we really don't need that much water for health. :noway:
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A few squeezes of fresh lemon makes plain old water taste soooo delicious in my opinion! And no artificial sweeteners to worry about!

Try cucumbers, limes & oranges as well!!!
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    just wanted to make sure people know that drinking distilled water is a really REALLY bad idea.

In case someone was reading this and got the bright idea that distilled is purely h20, therefore it must be chemically superior......IT IS NOT SAFE TO DRINK DISTILLED WATER.

Water 'wants' to have chemicals (minerals) in it. Chemically speaking. And if you drink distilled water, guess where those minerals are going to come from? Your body. It will leach them right out of you. Which is BAD.

People, the real "rule" is this: if your urine is a nice light yellow color, that's generally an indicator that you have enough fluids in the system. If it's dark, that's often a sign of dehydration, and you might want to increase your liquid (notice I said liquid not water) consumption.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    so when I add cranberry juice to my vodka is it no longer vodka?
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Water snobs... SMH
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Ok this is one of my pet peeves... Water is nothing else but h2o. It bugs me when people talk about "flavor water" if what you drink has a flavor taste, color or anything like that, news flash it's not water. True it may be made with water, but when you put chemical packets to enhance the taste it's no longer true h2o. And what's in those packets will do more harm than good.

Water = h2o

Not this or any other drink whose ingredients is more than h2o
     Aquafina FlavorSplash

Flavored Water
      Flavor: Citrus Blend
      Sweetner: Splenda
      Carbonation: No
      Container: Plastic

Aquafina Citrus Blend FlavorSplash Ingredients:
    Filtered Water, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzonate, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose (splenda) Calcium Disodium EDTA.

You're wrong.
    Source - Elementary school level chemistry.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sadly there are still people arguing against basic (and I mean BASIC) science.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    so when I add cranberry juice to my vodka is it no longer vodka?

No, but if you add it to a Long Island iced tea, it is still a Long Island iced tea!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    OMG SO UR SAYIN THAT LIKE THE WATER THAT COMEZ OUT OF THE GROUND ISN'T WATER?!?!? IT HAZ DIZZOLVED MINERALZ IN THERE! SO I SHUD ONLY COUNT DISTILLED WATER?
  • chellk71
    chellk71 Posts: 69
    Options
    I love water. Drink at least 8 glasses a day. However I do occassionally add some lemon in there. And yes have been known to buy flavored water occassionally. I do not include those in my intake. I agree though adding those flavor packs of chemicals to me taste chemical and not good for you.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Where are you guys finding this pure H2O? I am really curious, because anything out of the tap has chemicals and pharmaceuticals in it, and the bottled water, well, that is usually just tap water in a plastic bottle that also leaches chemicals into it. Why are you guys so worried about what someone else logs for their water?
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i dont count anything as my "water intake" unless its literally a cup of water...

protein shakes dont count
    flavoured water dont count
    tea dont count
    coffee dont count\

^ THIS. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    OMG.....so when I add my ice cubes that has strawberries frozen in them to my water it's no longer water...FML!