Around 5'1 females:

Options

Replies

• AnewLaura
    AnewLaura Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and have about 150 more to lose.. I should be around 130 by the time I hit my goal.... I don't know how I managed all this time at my size. Believe me my knee's and ankles are not happy. I am well on my way and will not stop!!
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my goal is 115 and am currently sitting at 122. Ideally, I would love 110 like I had been the majority of my younger life. But I don't think I will get there.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Can I just say...short girls rock.

Carry on!
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options

Carry on!

haha that we do. :]
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the excellent weight loss so far!!! It's hard to do and takes a lot of work and will power!!! I am 163 now and working to lose about 35 pounds because I was pretty happy at that weight. I am 5' 1.5"
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5' 2, was staying around 105/108 for ages and ages on 1200 ish cals, now have decided to bulk. Am at 110lbs at the mo, going steadily, building muscle and like it much better. Not sure how much bigger I will get but its lovely to eat more :)
  • xsmallsize
    xsmallsize Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 107 lbs currently (108 in pic). I want to weigh 100 lbs
  • harpblues
    harpblues Posts: 4
    Options
    5' 1.5"
    I'm currently 120, started at 137. Am heading toward 115-118. That's where I feel the healthiest and most fit. Going lower makes my upper body look gaunt and bony. I still carry weight around my hips and thighs, but that's just my body type and I'm absolutely fine with that.

I have friends my height that feel best at 105, and others that like to stay around 135. I think that as long as you can maintain without going crazy with diet or over-exercise, that's your ideal.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options

Carry on!

We do, yes Sir! Lol!

I'm 4'11" and my goal is about 112-115. Currently 84, so really need to gain those lbs! Im not skinny as such but definately need a bit more on me! I don't particularly log my food etc at the mo, but thinking I may start again from Monday as I need to give myself a motivational boost again.

Friend requests most welcome. :-)
  • him1025
    him1025 Posts: 44
    Options
    im 5' and currently 167lbs my goal for now is 130lbs but my dream weight is 115-120lbs this was what i weighed before i had my first baby 7yrs ago. i agree losing weight for us vertically challenaged is alot harder. when i was younger i basically had to eat very little and work out hard...but i dont have the time for that now with 3 kids, fur babies and a house to take care of lol
  • superfly33
    superfly33 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 4'10". I started at 115. My original goal weight was 100 because at my most Fit time in my life I was in the Army, active and weight that much. I now have 2 more kids and 115 did not look good on my. I am steady at 104-106 and I found if I lost any more weight, I would look frail because of my body frame. I did jump up to 108 but clothes were still loose, stomach still flat but I look more toned. Everyone carries weight differently. Dont look at a scale. Look how your clothes fit. if you like how they fit, go with it.:happy:
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot 1 also, i started at 203 lbs (9 mos preg w. twins <-- doesnt count lol)
    sw:195lbs
    cw:149lbs
    gw:130 (for now)
  • teacher205
    teacher205 Posts: 9
    Options
    5ft and my goal is 100-105. Every time i get to 105 I bounce straight back up to 108/9. So frustrating. Think it's time for me to focus on fitness rather than the scale..
  • maddranm
    maddranm Posts: 3
    Options
    First I would like to say Congrats! Keep up the good work. I am 5'1 and my goal weight is between 115 to 118. Before my back surgery I weighed 115 and felt fantastic and with not being able to do too much for a long period of time I gained alot of weight. I food log, exercise every day and have lost 30 pounds so far. Short girls rock!!!!
  • drumsrevolver
    Options
    I'm a shade under 5ft and aiming for 8 1/2 stone [119lb]. Having been this weight before, it felt good and is a more realistic weight for me to maintain at my age and lifestyle. I'd have said more like 105lb a few years ago, but I don't wanna live off cup-a-soups and jam for life!
  • siz8003
    siz8003 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all Im 5'3 and at 138 now. I would love to get down to 115 but i cant see that ever going to happen... ive been on and off dieting for years and cant seem to get below 129.. dont know what im doing wrong but after my 4 kids my body wants to be on the big side..any tips would be great
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm just under 5'2, 24 years old. My goal is first to hit 140, but ultimately I want to be around 135 (maybe 130). I have an athletic build so I know being super thin isn't in my cards. I lift heavilty 3-4x a week combined with 20-30 min cardio, and usually I'll do just cardio on some or all of the other 3 days. I just want to be toned and look the part of an athlete, and finally be comfortable in my own skin =] Good to hear from some other shorties!
  • debeney
    debeney Posts: 27
    Options
    You guys are doing great! I'm 4'11 with a starting weight of 134 on MFP but before that I lost 20 pounds. I have a small frame (my wrists are so tiny it's ridiculous!) and a pear shaped body so I'm just trying to work out and get a bit toned. My goal weight is 100 but I'll see how it goes! I'm currently 126.
  • sherkert
    sherkert Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, and recently reached my goal weight of 118. Since I've mainly been running, now I'm going to add some strength training and build muscle.
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    I'm 5' and I weight 138 now. I started out at 152 and my goal weight is 100. I don't remember the last time I weighed 100 though so anytime I start feeling good about my body I'll stop paying so much attention to the scale.