Where did you meet...?

Options
RMuske
RMuske Posts: 271 Member
If you are happily married OR happily dating someone where did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Was it love at first sight?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I was an LMT (Massage Therapist) working out of a Chiropractic Clinic. This young gal was sent to me after having a car accident. Saw her 3 times a week for several months on an Insurance claim. The Chiropractor was my wife, but we were in the midst of a divorce and hadn't told anyone. Right before Christmas the client, Jan, asked what Dr. Chris (the Chiroprator) were doing for the holidays. I told her we we separated and going through a divorce. We started talking and found out that I lived about a mile from her now. She said, "That's right by my house. We should get together for a drink." It took a couple months, but we met for a drink at the end of January. Things went well. I asked her out on a date the next week. On our second date, I proposed. We will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year.
  • RMuske
    Options
    Wow... That is incredible.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    1st semester Portfolio class our senior years at University.

fell in love with his art 1st, his face 2nd (though it was a few months before i realized he was the same person), and his personality 3rd (after i internet stalked him for the rest of the semester.)

Thank goodness for FaceBook: it hooks shy nerdy people UP.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    We met during a 6 month course to become personal trainers. The teacher paired us up so he could train me to get hands on experience and we're still together 7 years and 2 kids later. It was lots of lovin at first sight.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I was his bank teller.:happy:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Match.com.

One lunch date and I knew there was something there.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com. Talked for about a month before meeting in person. Together for 4.5 years and getting married in September. :flowerforyou:
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Online....started talking on a Thursday, met on Friday, had another lunch date on Saturday, and a date at the mall on Sunday, fell in love almost instantly, he is an amazing guy! Got engaged 2 weeks ago and can't wait until the day I can call him my husband!
  • twinsfanmel
    Options
    I was at Chili's eating alone & so was he, I am not the type of person that can just be quiet, I even talk in my sleep. So, I started talking to him & we ended up at the same table & have been together ever since :) Married for almost 2 years with a 8mo old little boy :)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    long story, but basically i met him because i worked for his parents :) he was actually my "boss" when we started dating, haha. i soon quit, but since graduating college, i'm back working for his family (although, his dad is my "boss" now - not him!)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Met him the one time I went into my bank. He was the manager. I went back to work and invited everyone to our wedding. And thankfully, he's no longer in banking :).
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    We met in 9th grade (he was 10th) in our high school library. He and his friends were sitting at the table next to me, goofing off. I went over and told him he was the most annoying person I'd ever met, and to please shut up! lol. He says it was love at first sight for him. We were friends for a while, started dating Junior year. Just celebrated our 5th anniversary, and had our 2nd child in March.
    We've been debating getting married legally. We're maried in our hearts and don't see much point in doing the real thing. We may do a commitment ceramony next year when we go on our Carribean Cruise
  • Karrie85
    Karrie85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We met at a local bar.
    I was there for a friend's birthday, and he was there for another friend's birthday.

I was seeing someone else at the time, but meeting him opened my eyes and made me realize that there was more out there for me. I ended the relationship I was in and my now husband and I started dating.

YES it was love at first sight :)
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a Perkin's. I was dating his ex girlfriend and we all got together for dinner. It was love at first site for him. He was my best friend for a year and we both had crazy significant others. We both dropped our crazy significant others and got together. We've been seeing each other since May of 2004, exclusively dating since December 2004, and very happily married for the last 2+ years. We have three beautiful children to show for it as well =)
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Short and sweet... We met in while I was in the 5th (1982) grade. Never dated until 2005 when I got home from Iraq.
  • samida
    samida Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love at first sight. I was a belly dancer and he was the waiter at a Lebanese restaurant and all he could ask in English is if I wanted more mint tea. To this day I hate mint tea and at the time I kept pouring it into the plant next to my table so he would keep coming over. 32 years later, a 31 year old daughter and a 29 year old son, he's still trying to serve me mint tea and I'm still belly dancing!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of 2+ years at a greyhound bus station of all places! We were both on our way to Phoenix to take flights for spring break from the international airport and it was definitely love at first sight! I saw him and I just thought, I have to talk to him! I was already smitten! We got to talking and we found that we had so much in common! I gave him my number and two weeks later when the university was back in session we had our first date and the rest is history.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Here, on this site. Shes 12 hours away, and when I went to visit the 2nd time, I proposed and she said yes! She's moving up to Cincinnati with her two girls at the end of the month!

So its about as close to love at first site as you can get I guess..I loved her before I even saw her!
  • RMuske
    Options
    These stories are inspiring. I am honestly kind of nervous about online dating.... but I want to be proactive about it.
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I met my wife at an old folk's retirement home. I got a summer job working in maintenance there and she was working in housekeeping. I got one of the nurse's aides to set us up. She became my best friend and then my wife. It'll be 27 years this summer...she's still my best friend!!