Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• Momoftwins1987
    Momoftwins1987 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started talking to my husband online then we started texting each other. When we met it was love at first sight and we got married a month later. We've been married almost 6 months now and he is not only my husband but my bestfriend :love:
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have quite a story...

I met my SO when I was actually 8 years old and he was 13. His father was the General Manager for our family business, my dad was the VP. It's funny that I knew his dad before I knew him, but even then I barely knew him - had just hung out one weekend camping. At that time, he lived in California with his mother as his parents were split & I lived in GA so the only time he ever came into town was to visit his dad in the summer. So I didn't really ever think about him or anything until years later.

I graduated high school, and started working for the same family business. He has since moved to GA permanently, & he was then the welder/fabricator at the same family business. His dad still being the General Manager at that time. Anyways, one day another employee and friend discovered that my SO had a thing for me & he lured my in a day or two later and told me that I had an 'admirer' and even told me who it was. I was like super stoked cause I was 18 and never even had kissed a boy before.

Literally the next day, he called me up and asked me to meet him at his car during lunch hour. I met him, he asked me out on a date & I accepted. We went on a date later that night & hit it off. :smooched:

We've been inseperable ever since!
    Its funny how things turn out!

But one thing I think is true - the moment you stop trying so hard is usually when it happens!
    Thats what happened for me at least!

*Just thought I'd add - we've been together for 5 years this coming August! :heart:
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    we meet online....but seeing how we are both coffee junkies our first official meeting was at Starbucks been together for 3 yrs now and he just proposed to me on my birthday....and I said yes :)
  • Jaidee1979
    Jaidee1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Reading all these stories makes me miss being in a relationship.

:sad:
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I had been seperated for over year and a friend talked me into joining POF. I did. I messaged lots of guys but only actually met 5-6. My now BF sent me a mesage and said he wanted to meet. I had actually seen a different guy a couple times and thought he was pretty nice just several years younger than I would have liked. I decided to send now BF a message and had agreed to meet. Because of his long work hours we ended up meeting at 1030PM in a parking lot near the road construction where he was pouring cement, (BF is a cement mixer driver.) I knew right then that he was the guy for me. He actually came to my house the next day after work. That is the beginning of us. My divorce is now final and BF and I are still together. Aug. 22nd will be a year for us. It took him 8 weeks to decide I was the right one for him but for me, I knew when he came to my house the day after we met...

Everybody who has met on POF is right. There are alot of creepers out there. You get some really rude and raunchy messages but then there are the ones who are sincere. You just have to be careful. Always make sure somebody knows name,the screen name, and whatever else you know of who you are meeting and where you are meeting. We cant be too careful, that goes for men and women.
  • victoriaM_18
    Options
    Jr high. (be ready for a long, complicated love story!!!!!!)

I was in 7th grade and Cesar was in 9th grade. We met during our school musical ! A few weeks later, we snuck out of rehearsal, and he asked me to be his girlfriend... However, we only "dated" for the duration of the musical rehearsals and shows (3 months).

During my 9th grade year, I found him on Myspace and he told me he had moved 30 min away. We continued to talk, and flirt. Since he had a car and could drive to me, I invited him to my house. 2 weeks later, I was his girlfriend again. From then on, for 6 months, he picked me up every day from school, and we hung out for hrs before he had to go back home (he would always find reasons to explain to his parents why it was necessary to drive 30 mins away, daily lol) I must say, it was nice being the only 9th grader to have a boyfriend who could drive ;) But, after a while, he quit coming as often. Started making up reasons why he couldn't come anymore. Before I knew it, I hadn't seen him in a month, or barely even talked to him. So there I was, in the walmart parking lot, breaking up with him over the phone. I was too angry to be sad. At first we talked a few times a month; which eventually faded into no communication.

( okay, finally to the GOOD part) When I was in the end of my 1st semester as a sophomore in high school, he found me online (this time, facebook, we upgraded lol) and told me him and his family were moving back to my city and would start attending my school at the beginning of the next semester. Cesar and I had always had a connection that was different... With that said, I was secretly ecstatic! But, I had a boyfriend. And was nervous for what would happen. When he came to my school, he thought it would be like BAAAM! And we'd be together. But, I told him to see other girls. Well, my boyfriend and I broke up, And I was ready to try Cesar one last time... Apparently at that same time, he got himself a girlfriend. I waited for him for a month, and FINALLY, we were both single; and ready for each other...

We started being together exclusively in March of 2010. Officially asked me to be his girlfriend in June 2010. He purposed November of 2010. (I was in 11th grade). I graduated early in August of 2011, and we married the very next month in September 2011. It has been 7 months of bliss. And I have absolutely no doubt that he is who I'm supposed to be with!

I hope this helps you!! And I'm sorry for writing a novel! Just remember that if it's meant to be, don't worry; it WILL happen! :)
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There was a massive military base less than 30 minutes away from the university I attended. My roommate was a bit old fashioned and wouldn't go out *alone* on a date with a military guy she'd just met at a bar. He must have desperately wanted to date her since he spent the next few weeks dragging poor saps along on double dates. I was the female sap for my roomie of course ...

Hubs was double date #3 or #4. I can't recall. I do remember that the date consisted of dinner and an evening stroll along the banks of the river. He had lean muscles everywhere (2 years of army time tends to do that to farm boys) and was really sweet. He was on leave and we spent every waking moment together for the next few weeks. Talked each other's ears off.

He moved in to our apartment 3 weeks after we met. We were married 5 weeks later. In August we'll celebrate our 17th anniversary. He remustered from Army to Air Force about a year into our marriage. He's a little less buff and a lot more brainy. I'm a LOT rounder now (working on it). I'm happy to say we still talk each other's ears off on a regular basis.

My roomie married a "townie" a few years later. No idea what happened to the guy she was dating when hubs and I met...
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We met at a Bookstore.... I liked him right away, but he hated/was scared of me. Lol
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Church.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    We met at a two-day Rodeo...he was hilarious and sooooo cute...he did somersaults across the dancefloor that night to impress me. It worked--we've been married 24 years.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online. we emailed for a week before we exchanged phone numbers, talked on the phone for a month then decided to go on a date. He was adorable, charming and sweet. I knew what he looked like but seeing in person it felt like love at first sight. :)
  • purple_jelly_bean
    Options
    I met my honey 10years ago on a chat room (airg to be exact.) We now have 3 boys and still very.in love..
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    We met at a group dinner that our mutual friend organized so he could set us up. It wasn't love at first sight. He didn't seem to fit the kind of guy I thought I wanted/needed. I also was slightly disturbed when I found out he ate balut - which is an duck egg with a fetus inside - and I teased him about it.

Soon after we started Facebook chatting every day, and the first time we hung out 1:1, it ended up being a 5-hour conversation over lunch and dessert. Within a month, we became official. It's been over half a year, and I know we'll get married someday. :)

Btw, I'm 37 and he's 40, so there is definitely hope for those who are just a bit older! ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I was an LMT (Massage Therapist) working out of a Chiropractic Clinic. This young gal was sent to me after having a car accident. Saw her 3 times a week for several months on an Insurance claim. The Chiropractor was my wife, but we were in the midst of a divorce and hadn't told anyone. Right before Christmas the client, Jan, asked what Dr. Chris (the Chiroprator) were doing for the holidays. I told her we we separated and going through a divorce. We started talking and found out that I lived about a mile from her now. She said, "That's right by my house. We should get together for a drink." It took a couple months, but we met for a drink at the end of January. Things went well. I asked her out on a date the next week. On our second date, I proposed. We will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year.
    This makes sense to me. I always want to marry the lady that does my massages.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a message board...
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I worked with him. I thought he was cute when we met but I thought he had a bad attitude, especially when he was with his friends that we worked with. Then slowly I realized he was a decent guy, and we started talking a lot at work...and a confusing 2 years later here I am in love with my best friend!
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm dating (18 here, haha), and it happened on the bus at school (still in highschool - senior year and in college). I was singing and he sat next to me (I had my ear buds in both ears, so completely oblivious) and started singing. I could already hear my voice (and was again, sitting by myself staring out the window while singing), so he scared the shiz nuts outta me when he started singing with me. After that, he asked for my number, and the rest is history. Lol!
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    These stories give me hope.. I feel like he is out there I just need to be patient. :) Keep the great stories coming.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online, even though I was very set on meeting someone organically. I am certainly glad I gave in to giving online dating a shot =)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    He found me in a yahoo chat room.. I was recently out of a relationship and I was so sad and depressed. I was not even thinking about meeting guys, just trying to not just think about ex. We started to chat and I remember I thought he was nice (lots of pervs and creeps out there).
    According to him, he liked me since the first moment, I didnt even notice about his looks!. We stayed that way, just online, for about 2 months, met in person and around two months after meeting in person we started dating. Till present.. :smooched: