Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Met at our son's 4th grade school VIP Day. I went with my Mom, he was there alone. We all played Life together. Definitely attraction at first sight! I asked my son if DH was single and he said no, so put him out of my mind.

Several weeks later I was on a date at a local bar and saw him out with friends. Did more research and found that he was divorced. I didn't think he would ask me out because he saw me out (with a guy he knew - a jerk), so I found his phone number and called and asked him out! :blushing: He said yes, later he told me he did the happy dance around his apartment :happy:

Married for twenty years now and still in love :love:
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    thee-short + Rzarrector <3

We met playing call of duty online. We lived so far away, in different states, spent weeks just talking every day and staying up every night until 6 am or so with each other on the phone.. a few months later we decided we've had enough, so he came over to be with me and lived in my room for a week without my parents ever knowing ! :O Three months later, he came for another week.. and then two months later he stayed for a whole month.. then about four months after that, he moved his 19 year old self away from his family and friends and he lives just up the road from me now :) We spend every day together, but I always feel bad because he misses home SO SO SO much. :(
    I love him to bits, and even though things seem to be falling apart now, I know that we'll make it..
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a Sci-Fi Convention in 1988 or '89 (this one was Dr. Who & Blakes 7 themed). We had a mutual friend who introduced us, and we all kind of hung out together with a bunch of other friends. There was no romantic interest at first (I was 34, he was 23, too young for me, so I thought) so we became good friends first. It wasn't until August '89 that we realized something more had developed and had our first real date. He proposed in August 1990, and we were married in February 1991 and have been happily married now for 21 years!
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com. Talked for about a month before meeting in person. Together for 4.5 years and getting married in September. :flowerforyou:

lol that is where my husband and I meet... we use to tell people we meet on a fishing trip :wink:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I was the first person to reply to the first thread he posted on here. :laugh:
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I guess I would like to add the addundum of How old were you when you met. Everyone seems to be finding love so young it is a little discouraging at times.

Never give up hope, if it's meant to happen, it will! I didn't find my "true love" until I stopped looking! As I said in my earlier post, I didn't meet my husband until I was around 33 or 34, didn't get married until I was 35. For many years I had tried computer dating, taking night school classes that were supposedly of interest to guys, blind dates, etc., and it was all such a waste of time. It wasn't until I stopped actively looking and just started attending activities with friends for the pure enjoyment of seeing and doing things that I liked that I actually was able to form a deep friendship there that turned into true love.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I guess I would like to add the addundum of How old were you when you met. Everyone seems to be finding love so young it is a little discouraging at times.

Never give up hope, if it's meant to happen, it will! I didn't find my "true love" until I stopped looking! As I said in my earlier post, I didn't meet my husband until I was around 33 or 34, didn't get married until I was 35. For many years I had tried computer dating, taking night school classes that were supposedly of interest to guys, blind dates, etc., and it was all such a waste of time. It wasn't until I stopped actively looking and just started attending activities with friends for the pure enjoyment of seeing and doing things that I liked that I actually was able to form a deep friendship there that turned into true love.

I was 15, and my fiance was 18. When we get married he'll be 25, and I'll be 22. Don't worry, it will happen. Sometimes it just takes longer, don't be discouraged.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    He rented the house next door to mine :)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    habbo hotel

lol.

no shame.

we talked for about four years then he flew over to meet me (he's from london, i was living in oklahoma). he then came over another time then we spent the following summer together in taiwan and now i live with him in the UK :)!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Craigslist! :heart:

Hey...don't judge!

We had our first "date" on May 9th, 2011 - we're getting married in October. I have never been this happy! :love:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    okcupid. I was infatuated with him from the beginning which I can't say about anyone else I've dated. Been together 7 months now and just started living together.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was a designated driver for a friend for a 4th of July party. He was the guitar player at the party. It all started over crawfish. 3 months later we were married. 13 years it'll be in December.

:heart: this!! Cute story!
  • ELeeHam
    ELeeHam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Library. Nearly LAFS, but now soundly love <3
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    MySpace and no I just kinda went with the flow. 3 years as bf and gf next month.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Met online actually. And I blew him off a couple times before we actually went out - but he was persistent - and we've been together ever since. I don't believe in love at first sight, but I did know there was something special about him from the beginning! :) First date Labor Day 2011, started living together Nov 2011. :)
  • takingbackalison
    Options
    I met this guy on a dating website, who ended up being my cousin. So then we started hanging out a lot and we really clicked. I met the love of my life through him haha. He's my cousin and now best friend's best friend. And it turns out my SO's parents were good friends with my parents before we were born. Our dads were both in the same fire company together for many years
  • kser145
    kser145 Posts: 40
    Options
    I met my husband/best friend at the mall early 1979 we we're 16 at the time. He was with his friends that I knew, but didn't know of him. It was love at first sight for him, but not for me it took a few months. And how we have been married 30 years this month and have 2 grown sons a grandson and a daughter in-law. Life is awesome and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. May we have many many many more years together!!! Being married to your best friend/ husband is the greatest!!!!
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    Home Depot! I was 15, he was 19 worked there....parents were remodeling our home and I was running back and forth. Dated five year and now our 6 year anniversary is aprroaching in June! Happy as can be! You just never know when and where you'll meet the 'One'!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Here, on this site. Shes 12 hours away, and when I went to visit the 2nd time, I proposed and she said yes! She's moving up to Cincinnati with her two girls at the end of the month!

So its about as close to love at first site as you can get I guess..I loved her before I even saw her!

Oh my goodness! That's so incredible!!!! (: You met on MFP :D
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    At a local dive bar. I I thought he was out of my league especially after he asked for my number and then didn't call for two weeks. I had forgotten about him by that point and didn't know who he was when he called. We talked for hours. We dated for five years and have been married for nine years this summer.