Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    9th grade, in the hallway. Introduced by a mutual friend. 11 years and counting.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    wrote a letter to any soldier (c/o Dear Abby of course) while in High School. He picked my letter out of a pile, and wrote me back. wrote for several years, met when I was 19, didn't work out, went our own ways...he then looked for me and wrote me another letter, and started chatting on the phone/online and he came to visit, I went to visit him (I live in WA state, he lived in Illinois) and then on my visit to him, he packed up his Jeep and came with me to WA. Will be having our 5th wedding anniversary (I think we've been together for like 7 or more years though) and have 2 boys together... I've known him half my life now - through letters mostly.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    In a bar. My sister dragged me out to be her DD. I looked like a scuz (IMO) and had no intentions of meeting any man... lol. He kept staring at me and I would shoot scowls in his direction. I figured he was wondering why such a scuz was out and about......... turned out he couldn't stop staring at my butt :mad: His brother's girlfriend and I had known each other in passing- she introduced us, and I was surprised that I actually liked the creeper that was staring. 6 years later- we're married with two beautiful children.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    In high school. I was a freshman and he a sophomore, but we were just friends then. We lost touch after he graduated high school, but we met on Facebook again about 2 and a half years ago, and fell in love over the internet and phone. Now we have been dating almost 2 years. It's a long distance relationship, because he lives about 650 miles away still.
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We love telling our story, mostly because how typical it is. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 1/2 years now. He lived with a friend of mine, and while I was visiting we got drunk and hooked up. Turns out we're really good together :P He's the sweetest, most inspiring person I've ever met.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    In high school. I was a freshman and he a sophomore, but we were just friends then. We lost touch after he graduated high school, but we met on Facebook again about 2 and a half years ago, and fell in love over the internet and phone. Now we have been dating almost 2 years. It's a long distance relationship, because he lives about 650 miles away still.
    holy crap :P
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    The first time we met we were in 9th grade multimedia class. We had 3 consecutive classes and lunch together that year. One day I didn't have a partner for a speech class because my usual partner was absent and we got stuck together unwillingly. But we both giggled out of nervousness so much our presentations weren't the best that week and we became instant friends for the next 6 months passing notes back in forth in class until I could no longer wait to see if he liked me as much as I liked him. I asked him to be my boyfriend in biology class and 45 minutes later we had our 1st kiss on the steps of a stairway.

Been together ever since (6 years) and I think it was an instant soul mate connection of some type. :smile:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you are happily married OR happily dating someone where did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Was it love at first sight?

I met him when we were 12 at swim practice. It was not love at first sight, it was intuition. We were best friends who kissed some times until we were 18. At 24 we reunited and have been together for 10 years (celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary in a few weeks).
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    October 2003 on Yahoo chat. I was 36 and he was 24. It was not love at first sight but definitely friendship at first sight. A lot of late night chatting, then our first in person at a bar. Stayed out all night and ended up at Denny's talking forever. Before I knew it he moved in and it was just love love love. April 2006 his company transferred him from Dallas to Chicago. We did the long distance thing for 2 1/2 years and the month before he was supposed to move back to Dallas the US denied his visa extension and he had to return to India. We have been doing the international long-distance thing for 2 years, 8 months, and 2 days with me going to India for 5 weeks in 2010 to be with him and 1 week in Seattle last year when his company sent him over on a project. For all of you people who believe in true love....say a prayer for us. The separation is horrible and we just want to get married. I am now 45 and he is 32.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    At a bar.

Does it count as love if you're drunk?

Either way, no, it wasn't love at first sight.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Right here on MFP.

We bonded over Star Wars and running over little old ladies with walkers. :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Interwebz. And no... I thought he didn't like me at all, until I found out that he did. Very strange. haha
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    At the Gingerman, a pub in the Village next to Rice University, in Houston. It was pretty close to love at first sight.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    When I was 15 my best friend and a friend of her's set me and my husband up on a date he was 17 at the time. We snuck out of her dad's house and met him and some friends in his car and then went walking thru the woods late at night. It was a great time. I instantly liked him a lot. And now almost 10yrs later I am more in love with him than ever. :heart:
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I first met my boyfriend over a decade ago. He used to work in a hotel and had a flat round the back, he was a friend of one of my friends and we had gone round to try and coax him out to the pub. It was really strange, the layout was a bit weird and after walking through a maze to get to the flat we found him in his bed (this was in the afternoon) which I remember as being around 6ft off the ground. He didn't come to the pub but we eventually became friends, we started going out about 8 years after initially meeting, it was not love at first sight.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    We met online through POF and had our first date a couple of days later. It was more like lust at first sight, but the love part followed pretty quickly. We've been together a little over three years and he proposed to me last Christmas. We're planning to get married sometime next year.
  • newgrandma2011
    Options
    Met my husband at a party. In August we will be married for 30 years.
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My wife and I met on http://www.christiandatingforfree.com and began emailing, chatting, and calling for about a month before we met in person. We got married one year to the day of meeting in person. And I can say for sure that it was love at first sight. At the beginning of this past April, we celebrated our one year anniversary.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    We met in our first year of college. I was 22, she was 19. This month is our 17th anniversary. She either really likes me or this is the world's most pointless long con. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    In the gym. :) (Only dating. Too young to be thinking about marriage. ;) )

Haha, I had a thing for him for a while. When we finally started talking to each other and decided to hang out, he wasn't expecting it to go anywhere. I think the age difference kind of threw him at first too since he has a good 10 years on me. I could have sworn he was in his early 20's the whole time until our first date.