Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    We met at work, and it was definitely not love at first sight.. It was her first job; she thought I was too bossy, and I thought she was too slow. Married 22 years now. :huh:
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I met my wife playing World of Warcraft. :laugh: I lived in Ohio at the time, and she was in Ontario, so it was a fairly short drive when we decided to meet. The rest is history.
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    LoViNlIFe0225 Posts: 121
    Options
    My hubby and I have just celebrating our 1 year anniversary and 4 years together. I worked at the bank in town and he had business there. I never noticed him but I guess he talked about asking me out for 2 years before he gave my boss his number and asked her to give it to me! :laugh: I threw it in the trash cause I didn't know who he was and was just getting out of a bad relationship. Weeks later I decided I could use some fun and looked his number up in the customer directory at work (big rule breaker). The rest is history! :love:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Right here on MFP! We were friends first and got to know each other over the course of many months...and while there was an attraction and flirting, neither of us initially felt that we could take things to the next level.

However, when we finally met in real life, it was definitely love at first sight. :love:

That was a few months ago now, we're still MFP friends and we're still crazy about one another! As we have a handful of states separating us, we're long distance dating right now with plans on closing that gap as soon as we can. :heart:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    We met at a nightclub. I asked him to dance and we had a great time. He called me the next morning (really just a few hours later lol) to say he had a great time and could not sleep because he was thinking about me all night. The rest really is history. Together 11 years now and married for 6.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was his waitress his first day in town, love at first sight? I don't believe in it. Attraction at first sight, yep.

His reaction: Boys, I just met my first future ex wife
    My reaction: Damn that country boy is fine
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    We met at work a little over 12 years ago... At first I thought he was a complete jerk, :) Kind of a cocky guy! As I got to know him I fell for him. Love works in mysterious ways. We been together since 2001, and have 2 beautiful children... Maybe marriage some day in the future.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    We met nearly four years ago on Match.com! I had just been on there for a couple of months, been out on one uneventful date, and been on the phone with a couple of real *kitten* (one was really bad, but that's another story - I was smart enough not to go out with him).

One night, I decided to update my profile, and one of the things I changed was "most recent book read", which previously had been a book about Watergate, and changed it to "Wonderful Tonight", which was Pattie Boyd's account of her life with George Harrison and Eric Clapton. I hit "save" and went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up and found a message on Match from this *ridonkulously* cute guy who it turned out was a huge Beatles' fan and had also just finished Pattie's book, and wanted to know what I thought of it. So we emailed back and forth about The Beatles for a couple of emails, and then he asked me if I wanted to go out, and the rest is history!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Right here on MFP! We were friends first and got to know each other over the course of many months...and while there was an attraction and flirting, neither of us initially felt that we could take things to the next level.

However, when we finally met in real life, it was definitely love at first sight. :love:

That was a few months ago now, we're still MFP friends and we're still crazy about one another! As we have a handful of states separating us, we're long distance dating right now with plans on closing that gap as soon as we can. :heart:

^ This for sure
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    we met at a padres game lol . he asked to buy me a beer, hahah the way to my heart
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    We've known each other since high school but recently reconnected on Facebook. :blushing: It's fun to fulfill an old crush.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This may be the first time I read through more than 2 pages of a post.

Keeps me hopeful haha.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Met my wife in college. It was a Statistics Math Class. It was my second semester and her first. She walked in and my jaw hit the floor. We had our first date a week later, went to shoot pool at a local watering hole and then saw Towering Inferno. After the movie we walked for hours, holding hands and talking into the morning sunrise.

On our second date, we went to a school dance, at the end of the night she asked me to marry her. We have been together now 37 years, 35 married this coming October.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My wife and I met on POF (Plenty Of Fish) a dating website. We have been together for 5 years and married for nearly 4 years. She is my soul-mate!:heart:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Yahoo Buzz.......Really!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    On the internet in a chat-room. True story. She lived 2,400 miles away. We have been married almost 13 years.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    We were a fling but let it die down because I moved back home for the summer but we had a couple months of dating where I was so over the moon happy with him. We met on Craigslist actually. he came over with a few beers that night to share and we hit it off almost immediately. Miss him like crazy :frown:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Cpixel back in 2004.
    He had just recently moved to sacramento from LA to play college basketball.
    He wrote me and i didnt think he was attractive at all so I ignored the message (Shallow i know).
    He wrote me again and this time I decided to write back.
    We exchanged SN for yahoo messenger and talked on there almost every day for 3 mos.
    I didnt hear his voice for the first time until the first day we was suppose to meet.
    I totally flaked on him bcuz I was too nervous.
    The next week he flaked on me. Hahaha.
    He finally met February 28 2005 and we have been together ever since.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I met him online.
  • getfitkaylen808
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of almost 5 years on the bus(: He went to all boys high school and I went to an all girls high school... Both of our schools were in town, so we had to catch the same bus home, since little did we know, that we lived 5 minutes away from each other!(: